Uproar over shameful exploitation by taxi drivers at Muang Thong Thani convention centre

webfact

22 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Take photo of licence plate and driver, call taxi bureau and report, or at least say you will and spoil his day.

Authorities should deal with this more harshly, have more inspectors and hidden shoppers, and should also raise fares to a living level, they are much too cheap, which is why so many drivers cheat.

Or go the whole way and turn them all over to Grab or one of the other ride hailing services. Maybe even have a Govt ride hailing app.

Is there any proof that something will be done ?

5 hours ago, geisha said:

Ok, sorry, didn’t know that there were no rules at all. Doesn’t change the fact that for a 15 min drive in Phuket or Pattaya will cost you 500 Baht . They have great new cars and SUVs because they can afford them. At least triple  the price of Bangkok. 

I didn't say there were 'no rules at all'.

There are rules, set by the LTO Land Transport Office, which is where the police will often tell you to call if there's a problem.

I was there two days last week I used bolt to go on both days and the price was 190 plus 60 baht for two tolls so 250 baht and the journey took 3 times longer due to the volume of traffic travelling to the event.

On the way back I got a taxi from robin hood stand similar set up to grab and bolt and they charged me an all-inclusive fare of 660 baht which i was happy to pay again as the volume of customers was huge and traffic in/out of the area for taxis was time consuming.

I did try to hail a taxi as initially robin hood had no cars available, and the taxi driver were just at the side of the road asking 1500 plus tolls for same journey. a shared van was 600 per person going to my area.

There was no formal process like the airport to control abuse by some taxi drivers but i think when doing these events there should be a markup of normal charges as the driver can spend 3-4 times normal period waiting in traffic. That would benefit everyone sufficient cars available and sufficient income for the drivers.

There's no option for grab or bolt as you would never find the car due to volume of traffic and scale of the event and no benefit for them to come to the area because of traffic. I did try the bolt and grab apps and waiting times were up to an hour.