Internet Providers in Jomtien / Pattaya

36 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Filling in the online application takes perhaps 5 minutes and you also get 7 days and 500 MB for testing. It has nothing to do with Shopee. This is part of the Thunder package. And since I never use Shopee I don't even have an account there. And I don't have to wait for a courier that he brings me the SIM.

Actually I was wrong. They suggest that you need to go via the NT Wireless website first in order to check coverage, before ordering via Shopee. You don’t HAVE to, but they won’t issue a refund if it turns out there is no signal and you are higher than the fifth floor. So the only difference is the visit to the office or having it sent. 

Edited by NextG
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Actually I was wrong. They suggest that you need to go via the NT Wireless website first in order to check coverage, before ordering via Shopee. You don’t HAVE to, but they won’t issue a refund if it turns out there is no signal and you are higher than the fifth floor. So the only difference is the visit to the office or having it sent. 

So my question to anyone that knows is if you can buy a 200 baht test Thunder SIM via Shoppee first. Risking 200 with no refund is not bad compared to buying an annual plan and it not working. 

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So my question to anyone that knows is if you can buy a 200 baht test Thunder SIM via Shoppee first. Risking 200 with no refund is not bad compared to buying an annual plan and it not working. 

Let's get back on topic. You already have a 1-year DTAC with 30 Mbps. Again, I can't guarantee the Thunder will perform better at your location or even work at all.

Regarding buying from Shopee. I never bought it there. I already wrote that it doesn't make sense in my case. And by the way. Contrary to what was said here, no one has ever suggested to buy it from Shopee. Nobody on this forum ever knew that I wanted to buy the Thunder. After the purchase I posted my experiences here. Maybe someone here bought it from Shopee and can explain in detail what is needed in this case.

Regarding the location check. It is in your interest to do so. And you will not be able to continue the online application if you enter a latitude and longitude that is not approved by the system (it is not the address that is checked). But we all make mistakes sometimes... ???? Just don't blame them afterwards if the SIM card doesn't work at your location.

I can't help you with Shopee. If I can still answer something for you, please let me know. And yes, try the one-month plan first. And no, you cannot convert the one-month plan to an annual plan. You will need to reapply and activate the annual plan. And important: after purchasing the SIM card you have 7 days to activate it. So don't buy the annual package too early.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

My goodness... Also other people mentioned the NT Thunder in this forum and wrote about their experience with it. Did you ever use it? 

I was the first to link to it and kwak250 bought and tested it. You followed. 
January 18th….

https://aseannow.com/topic/1283854-whats-the-best-1-year-package-unlimited-ais-dtactrue/

I am far above the 5th floor…

35 minutes ago, NextG said:

I was the first to link to it and kwak250 bought and tested it. You followed. 
January 18th….

https://aseannow.com/topic/1283854-whats-the-best-1-year-package-unlimited-ais-dtactrue/

I am far above the 5th floor…

TOT was a no-go for me. I had TOT internet here in Pattaya at a time when only dial-up modem connections were available. It was a very bad experience. I was so happy when I could switch to Maxnet (3BB later). Therefore the Thunder was the last thing I wanted to test. But since I was finished with my tests of True, AIS and DTAC I gave it a chance. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

If you ever use the Thunder please let me know your experience. I have a topic here in this forum where I want to gather the experience of other Thunder users - see below. For me the Thunder is great. But this is only my experience and perhaps I had luck. NextG talks a lot about it but he had to admit some postings before that he never used it (it was clear to me from the quality of his postings - just insults and I don't want to mention the very insulting private messages I have got...) 

Your experience with the TOT NT Thunder SIM

Why would I need to have tried it in order to have linked to it?? I already knew someone who had tried it and was obtaining the speeds that you have been. But you are telling it as if you found it all by yourself and that no one else knew. That wasn’t true was it? You found it due to one of my posts. Be a man and tell the truth ????

9 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

If you ever use the Thunder please let me know your experience. I have a topic here in this forum where I want to gather the experience of other Thunder users - see below. For me the Thunder is great. But this is only my experience and perhaps I had luck. NextG talks a lot about it but he had to admit some postings before that he never used it (it was clear to me from the quality of his postings - just insults and I don't want to mention the very insulting private messages I have got...) 

Your experience with the TOT NT Thunder SIM

Hi there and thanks for your continued interest in my adventures getting net access with Sims in routers.

However, I have found that the 30 Mbps DTAC sim when combined with Proton VPN's torrent optimized networks has given me all that I need. Proton VPN also has an Android TV version which although not nearly as robust as the PC version has worked well with Stremio streaming (which accesses torrents). 

So as I now have an annual DTAC sim I'm at the if it ain't broke, don't fix it phase.

There is a fair chance I might explore the Thunder for a future SIM but not even sure about that as the DTAC is working so well. 

So what if it gave me higher speed test numbers if it didn't give me more than what I have now, which is everything that I wanted with net access? 

Here's a question.

If you have an existing annual SIM card that you've bought online, is it usually possible to contact the vendor when it runs out, pay the vendor whatever for whatever their current offer is for that IP, and then renew for another year without starting over with a new Sim?

Or do you always need to start over with a new Sim?

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Here's a question.

If you have an existing annual SIM card that you've bought online, is it usually possible to contact the vendor when it runs out, pay the vendor whatever for whatever their current offer is for that IP, and then renew for another year without starting over with a new Sim?

Or do you always need to start over with a new Sim?

To my best knowledge this is not possible. When the SIM expires you need a new one. Bad if you want to keep the phone number for instance. Perhaps some vendors provide different options. They have contracts with the SIM card issuers. Best ask the vendors directly in the chat. 

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

To my best knowledge this is not possible. When the SIM expires you need a new one. Bad if you want to keep the phone number for instance. Perhaps some vendors provide different options. They have contracts with the SIM card issuers. Best ask the vendors directly in the chat. 

Not entirely true… is all I will say. 

19 minutes ago, NextG said:

Not entirely true… is all I will say. 

It depends on the package. There are offers like the NT Work & Learn that you can extend as long as you pay or until they stop it. But there are for instance also monthly packages that you can extend only for up to 6 months as shown in this picture. You have to read the details of the offer or ask the vendor. 

SmartSelect_20230630-133619_Lazada.jpg