Age gap relationships might seem wrong, but they work. Trust me

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While waiting for the lift at a building in Bangkok, I was next to an old fella the other day, he looked about 80 years old.... struggling to walk with a cane... his misses looked about 40-50 yrs old. 

It looked like she was nagging the life-force out of him...   he just took it... my interpretation was that he was simply too exhausted with life to tell her to go forth....  However, ear-wigging a little more, her nagging was was ‘caring’....  “I told you, I could have come to do this, you didn’t need to come”..... “Stand here, you’re blocking the entrance there” etc etc...    all in the kind of grating English that some of a certain demographic and specific geographic region of Thailand come from having ‘picked up their English skills along the way’...... 

.... But, I judged.... I found myself guilty of what everyone does (although some will argue), judge others around us...  At the same time I ‘self checked’ and thought, good on the old fella, if thats what makes him happy.... Good on her too, if thats what makes her happy....  

It was a scene to be hold... But let's face it.....  Most ‘mixed relationships’ with a wide age range and clear juxtaposition of socio-educational-economic status are often quite a scene to behold...  

But who cares...  we all look, we all judge, but just don't hold any judgement...   both were probably lovely people. 

But large age gaps...   They’re for the single, newly looking, or someone soon to be looking... or even someone willing to pull the wool over their own eyes...  works for some, not others, such is the colour of life. 

It might be a caring thing rather than love. But his business.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While waiting for the lift at a building in Bangkok, I was next to an old fella the other day, he looked about 80 years old.... struggling to walk with a cane... his misses looked about 40-50 yrs old. 

It looked like she was nagging the life-force out of him...   he just took it... my interpretation was that he was simply too exhausted with life to tell her to go forth....  However, ear-wigging a little more, her nagging was was ‘caring’....  “I told you, I could have come to do this, you didn’t need to come”..... “Stand here, you’re blocking the entrance there” etc etc...    all in the kind of grating English that some of a certain demographic and specific geographic region of Thailand come from having ‘picked up their English skills along the way’...... 

.... But, I judged.... I found myself guilty of what everyone does (although some will argue), judge others around us...  At the same time I ‘self checked’ and thought, good on the old fella, if thats what makes him happy.... Good on her too, if thats what makes her happy....  

It was a scene to be hold... But let's face it.....  Most ‘mixed relationships’ with a wide age range and clear juxtaposition of socio-educational-economic status are often quite a scene to behold...  

But who cares...  we all look, we all judge, but just don't hold any judgement...   both were probably lovely people. 

But large age gaps...   They’re for the single, newly looking, or someone soon to be looking... or even someone willing to pull the wool over their own eyes...  works for some, not others, such is the colour of life. 

Not quite sure what you blabbing on about, but when you are dating your daughter it looks weird. There’s no avoiding it. It looks strange.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

well I've seen similar in Pattaya where an old farang who is 80+ is perched up on a bar stool and has a young 20yr old tucked under his wing. 

Hmmm…ive seen the same. It looks undignified and pathetic. Rather than feel envious i feel sad for him

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2