Thaksin says he will return to Thailand in July, despite potential consequences

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Will he fly into Bangkok, or to the north where he was/is extremely popular?

Fly in by the north east would be tacticly the best ...safest and give time to be celebrated by his redshirts masses-followers and give Prayut plenty time to <deleted> his pants ....seeying that ????

A post with content that was copy and pasted from the Bangkok Post has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

I do not object to a fare trial for any one.It does not really matter how clean or dirty any one else is,that is not the topic.

I can come up with more then three but let us start with this one.

At least 80 Muslim people in the South died when Thaksin was in power.

That is a crime i think?

Why have the junta never charged Thaksin for Tak Bai?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thaksin-hints-at-collusion-behind-tak-bai-massacre/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nahkit said:

I don't think "Boss" has ever been sentenced to anything has he?

The statute of limitations applies to charging him and bringing him to trial.

Thaksin was brought to trial and found guilty so as far as I am aware, he still has to serve his time, there are no statute of limitations once you've been convicted.

(At least that's the way I understand it).

Sorry, my apologies - bad choice of words.

However, it would seem that the authorities have "given up" on apprehending "Boss", but it would be a different kettle of fish if it was an average Tom, Dick, or Harry that was evading justice!

5 hours ago, kennw said:

Focus on the facts, prior to the election Taksin said he would come back, Taksin always the power behind PT, e.g. Daughter made leader of the party. Number 1 party objective win election form govt/PM give Taksin get out of jail free card. Problem, PT didnt win, cant get MFP to agree to PT number 1 objective, solution, form a majority without MFP, problem solved. What about the will of the people? What's that in Thai politics?   

The public voted for MFP, if PT pull the rug out from under them they will not do well in another election.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The public voted for MFP, if PT pull the rug out from under them they will not do well in another election.

PT is not pulling the rug out MFP ...Sombody elses with kakky underweir is trying that now ...PT Just elected to second violin playing is to step in to repairing the election ....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FarangJon said:

the stinker has certainly bribed all the necessary people so that he doesn't have to go to jail. that's for sure.

Not the case at all. MF says Thaksin must face a retrial under a neutral judge and accept the outcome. Why do you bother making up falsities?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said that he wants to be able to care for his seven grandchildren, to relieve the burden on their parents, so they can focus on work.

Grandad , Grandad , you're lovely

That's what we all think of you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Seriously, you think that he hasn't already been convicted and sentenced?   Geez...   And that future proposals by any incoming government are not just speculation at this stage?

Expand  

Convicted and sentenced by coup tainted courts. Do you believe in fair trials and equality before the law?

My beliefs are irrelevant to his cases in which he has being charged, convicted and sentenced.  That is the point that I am discussing.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Those who think that PTP will form a coalition with the military ally parties doesn’t understand Thai politics. One reason as to why voters deserted PTP for MFP was that PTP’s messaging was not strong enough to reject working with the military and ally parties. It will hurt their electability for next election if PTP pull the rug.

I can’t imagine PTP working with the military parties that plotted against Thaksin and Yingluck and caused their exiles. I also can’t  imagine PTP working with BJT after their defacto party leader Newin stabbed Thaksin in the back and ally with the traitorous Dem Party to steal the government. Further the ultra conservative senators were appointed with a singular mission

to stop Thaksin from forming the government.

Ludicrous to think that PTP will form an alternative coalition and abandon MFP. 

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong words
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Do you believe Thailand (and Thais) to be uncivilised?

We must also remember that this is Thailand and the military has never been under civilian control.

So yes, Tak Bai was a crime and the military should be held accountable - here’s the catch though, in order for there to be justice and the rule of law, there must first be democracy….which of course begs the question - why don’t you junta lovers support democracy? Do you not care about justice and rule of law?

Where ever did you come up with the wisdom that i am a Junta lover?

Are you saying there was no democracy under
Thaksin?

That is a very important question,please answer?

10 minutes ago, jvs said:

Where ever did you come up with the wisdom that i am a Junta lover?

Are you saying there was no democracy under
Thaksin?

That is a very important question,please answer?

There was certainly a burgeoning democracy under Thaksin - that’s why there was coup after coup. Thaksin was democratically elected and when he started to exert the power that democracy bestowed upon him over the military establishment they snuffed out democracy. Now, democracy is back, the military is in retreat and Thaksin is jetting home. Alls well that ends well eh?

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Like 1

A post with derogatory comments toward the Thai judicial enforcement system and the replies have been removed:

14. You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture, Thai institutions such as the military, judicial or law enforcement system or specific locations within Thailand.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My beliefs are irrelevant to his cases in which he has being charged, convicted and sentenced.  That is the point that I am discussing.

You are correct. Thaksin was convicted by the Thai courts which are renowned for their fairness and impartiality. If ever there was a judicial system that embodied the motto “justice is blind” then it is the exemplary Thai judicial system. I for one am amazed that politicians and law students from all over the world aren’t, en mass, making devout pilgrimages to Thailand to imbibe from the font of wisdom and purity that is the Thai legal system as it exists and operates under the magnificent and inspired honestly elected military regime that currently helms the nation and garners copious amounts of love and adoration from every single Thai.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gknrd said:

On his death bed he will be putting together a scam to defraud billion out of Thailand. 

Long after he is dead you guys will still be hiding behind “but but Thaksin” nonsense instead of just owning your own beliefs.

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

So yes, Tak Bai was a crime and the military should be held accountable - here’s the catch though, in order for there to be justice and the rule of law, there must first be democracy….which of course begs the question - why don’t you junta lovers support democracy? Do you not care about justice and rule of law?

There was certainly a burgeoning democracy under Thaksin - that’s why there was coup after coup. Thaksin was democratically elected and when he started to exert the power that democracy bestowed upon him over the military establishment they snuffed out democracy. Now, democracy is back, the military is in retreat and Thaksin is jetting home. Alls well that ends well eh?

I am very happy and hopeful about the new faces in politics here.

So you agree Thailand had a democratic elected government when Thaksin was in power.

So he was ultimately responsible for the Tak Bai incident and so he is to be tried for that.

And what about his war on drugs?Squeaky clean there?So that is two crimes,you need any more?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Convicted and sentenced by coup tainted courts. Do you believe in fair trials and equality before the law?

Speculation…????????????

Democracy has won mate.

Yet, it's a very thin veil of surface and rhetorical democracy. A Thai oligarchical form of spoken democracy. 

Historically, coup tainted [illegal and illegitimate] operational governments is what they've been doing forever......and how indubitably it's accepted - cycle after cycle. 

The current and contradictory example was this last general election - a standing illegal [the latest one for a few years already] government that consciously, with firm arrogance, participated handedly - without notice/mention from any camp. This is the mess that we have today and the messes that we've always had, historically. 

And so it goes.....

The slumber continues.

• Thumbs Up 1