Thaksin says he will return to Thailand in July, despite potential consequences

snoop1130

3 hours ago, phetpeter said:

Now,where is Red bull gentleman, funny nobody knows where he is? Perhaps the government should offer a large reward for him, we welcome his return to serve time too.

"...where is Red bull gentleman, funny nobody knows where he is?"

Having knowledge of his whereabouts doesn't help the Thai authorities if he's overseas and out of their jurisdiction.

"...the government should offer a large reward..."

Why?  What would a reward be offered for, kidnapping him and illegally bringing him to Thailand?  

"...we welcome his return to serve time too".

He's appeared in court, been found guilty and sentenced to prison?  When did that happen?

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"Boss" seems to have got away with most of his sentences due to the statute of limitations - why not Thaksin?

""Boss" seems to have got away with most of his sentences..."

What has Vorayuth been sentenced to?   Has he even been to trial yet? 

3 hours ago, quake said:

Add me to that list.

Hope he goes to jail, if he dare set foot back here.

I would rather see the present unelected caretaker PM in jail rather than Thaksin even for only one reason.

Thaksin was elected.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

In answering a question, Pita said former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has the right to return to Thailand from his exile and given a fair legal trial. 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pita-ready-to-be-pm-to-reform-article-112/

The right to return from exile and a fair trial refers to crimes he hasn't been in court for yet; he's already been convicted on other charges for which he has had received a prison sentence

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The right to return from exile and a fair trial refers to crimes he hasn't been in court for yet; he's already been convicted on other charges for which he has had received a prison sentence

Wrong. 
Move Forward’s position is as stated:

“The criminal charges against Khun Thaksin [were laid] under the military government…We are proposing to…get him back. “Reopen the cases against him, and the judge has to be neutral…he has the right to a free and fair trial. And if the judgement [goes] against him, he has to accept it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, phetpeter said:

I seem to recall that his passport was taken away and he travels on passports of other countries, so, on arrival if allowed in he would only be given a tourist visa valid for a short stay, plus he may require an entry visa which might have to be issused from an embassy. and as a person on the run, should not be issused. so, he could be reused entry. but, if he arrives he should be arrested and taken directly to prison. still he Best option would be to arrange for his grandchildren to join him in another country. Interesting to see what will happen. Now,where is Red bull gentleman, funny nobody knows where he is? Perhaps the government should offer a large reward for him, we welcome his return to serve time too.

he could get an elite visa

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Wrong. 

You're wrong, my post was accurate, he has already been convicted and sentenced.    Any future proposals are just speculation.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, malibukid said:
4 hours ago, phetpeter said:

I seem to recall that his passport was taken away and he travels on passports of other countries, so, on arrival if allowed in he would only be given a tourist visa valid for a short stay, plus he may require an entry visa which might have to be issused from an embassy. and as a person on the run, should not be issused. so, he could be reused entry. but, if he arrives he should be arrested and taken directly to prison. still he Best option would be to arrange for his grandchildren to join him in another country. Interesting to see what will happen. Now,where is Red bull gentleman, funny nobody knows where he is? Perhaps the government should offer a large reward for him, we welcome his return to serve time too.

Expand  

he could get an elite visa

Er...he's Thai, he doesn't need a visa to be in Thailand!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

He made it very clear what his “endgame” was - to come home and spend time with his grandchildren and leave politics to the new, younger generation.

No Jim, if he comes back, he'll say that statement was " an honest mistake". His ego is far too large to be content with playing Lego or Snakes and Ladders,though his party has many cobras who jump parties at the drop of a hat.

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

On the other hand does he really think he can walk into Thailand as a free man?

Why not? He was convicted under a government and the agencies that committed an illegal coup. If the coup was illegal then every law and ruling stemming from that coup is illegal as well.

Or do you believe there should be no punishment for actions resulting in a coup?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I would rather see the present unelected caretaker PM in jail rather than Thaksin even for only one reason.

Thaksin was elected.

Nah.

I would be in favor of a full house,  lets have both. :thumbsup:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why not? He was convicted under a government and the agencies that committed an illegal coup. If the coup was illegal then every law and ruling stemming from that coup is illegal as well.

Or do you believe there should be no punishment for actions resulting in a coup?

Naivety in spades!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, bannork said:

No Jim, if he comes back, he'll say that statement was " an honest mistake". His ego is far too large to be content with playing Lego or Snakes and Ladders,though his party has many cobras who jump parties at the drop of a hat.

Wow - you know the future. how did you go in the lottery on Thursday? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

He who laughs last, laughs the loudest……………and I don’t think that will be you.

Interesting.

I get the feeling that it’s all tears from here on for the junta loving Thaksin obsessives….July is only a month away - you should probably start stocking up on some Kleenex.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Having read all the comments I am alarmed by the hatred towards this guy from foreigners/ex pats I arrived in Thailand when he was PM had he remained in that post we might have been witnessing a Thailand that had gone forward rather than backwards it’s time for the old guard to accept the people’s choice of government.

No hatred from me, I quite like the guy actually. ????

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're wrong, my post was accurate, he has already been convicted and sentenced.    Any future proposals are just speculation.

Guess we’ll all know soon enough (that you’re wrong).

Seriously, you think that he hasn't already been convicted and sentenced?   Geez...   And that future proposals by any incoming government are not just speculation at this stage?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Seriously, you think that he hasn't already been convicted and sentenced?   Geez...   And that future proposals by any incoming government are not just speculation at this stage?

Leave it, you will get frustrated.

Mr NoJo is probably the most delusional poster at the moment.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Let's destabalise the political situation even further. Makes me wonder what his end game is. Say what you will but he's no fool in the game of politics.

Hes not coming back to sit in a jail cell and somehow take care of his children lol!.

The elections are over, the end results decided and the future all mapped out.......well, apart from informing us on whats been decided.

• Like 1