It’s a scary time for us’: Florida Pride organizers on edge amid safety fears

onthedarkside

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wonderful.

And how many of the nice LBGTQ+/- people, who you like and respect, tell you that they need to talk to your children to explain to them that some people are different?

How many "women" with penis do you know who you would like to see in the locker room together with your wife or girls?

I agree that many people, regardless of which sexual organs they have, and regardless of what they desire, are nice people. But there are also crazy and bad people out there. We don't have to be inclusive to all of them, including the bad people.

Crazy and bad people that want to explain to children that other people are different like this?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Personally I wish they would stop the sexualization of child performers. But I don't shout about it, I just make a decision not to go to any of those events. I am surprised the right wing don't have more to say on this though, an easier target is Pride I guess, seeing as they are a minority group.

image.png.d1399cbaac0f016016a67392a05aa357.png

OVER-SEXUALIZATION OF CHILDREN IN THE MEDIA

I reckon many or most right wing anti-LGBT homophobes would approve of such cis and hetero normative child sexualization. Hypocrisy much?

Also teaching children about orientation and gender diversity is not sexualization. It's education. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

And how can it be the birthing mother is not listed on the birth cert? Outrageous and not surprised it was difficult to do. Should have been impossible.

This is about laws and procedures when there is a surrogate birth mother. That varies state by state, country by country. I think in general surrogate mothers do NOT want to be on birth certificates. Surrogacy of course can be done for different kinds of families, same sex, opposite sex, single parent.

Your fake outrage doesn't pass the smell test.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

My article- 500,000 people move to Florida.

Your article- several people leave.

Thanks for that. 

Well they are a minority that are being targeted so obviously it would be a lesser number:

More than half of LGBTQ parents in Florida say they are considering leaving the state

More than half of LGBTQ parents in Florida are considering moving their families to another state over concerns that a new Florida education law – known to its critics as the “Don’t Say Gay” law – stigmatizes LGBTQ identities and creates a hostile learning environment for LGBTQ children or students with LGBTQ family members.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3828490-more-than-half-of-lgbtq-parents-in-florida-say-they-are-considering-leaving-the-state/

• Like 1

why don't we get major corporations to help fund awareness in countries where gay pride is more of an issue than in the west ? o wait they change their advertising to meet the needs of a country they are selling products too. so any of these so called sponsors of such events in the west are nothing but hypocrites. 

in canada no one cares much at all anymore about anything to do with your sexuality or any of it. you can get x on your passport if that's how you want to identify. 

lets focus greater attention on places where pride is obviously needed more. i am willing to bet most would chose florida to reside in over say iran. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, In Full Agreement said:

Just curious...      Are you including evangelist in that nobody cares claim?

Of course a lot of right wingers religious fanatics and otherwise still care and indeed they are actively trying to overturn marriage equality in the same way they tragically succeeded in overturing U.S. abortion rights.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Just curious...      Are you including evangelist in that nobody cares claim?

Most of them probably aren't too thrilled by it but are willing to live and let live. There is always the idiot minority in every group that run their mouths but they don't have any impact really. 

Right wing bigots that buy the fascist garbage from DeSantis about protecting children somehow seem to forget that there are many LGBT students, teachers, and staff in schools.

Do they care to protect LGBT students, kids with LGBT parents, etc. from depression and suicide for being made INVISIBLE by the state?

This movement is trying (mostly successfully) to ERASE the existence and history of LGBT people, including living ones actually at the schools. It is fascist stuff Putin would love 100 percent.

Just imagine if the fascists were doing the same thing to Jews and maybe, just maybe, you'll understand how evil this is.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Right wing bigots that buy the fascist garbage from DeSantis about protecting children somehow seem to forget that there are many LGBT students, teachers, and staff in schools.

Do they care to protect LGBT students, kids with LGBT parents, etc. from depression and suicide for being made INVISIBLE by the state?

This movement is trying (mostly successfully) to ERASE the existence and history of LGBT people and history, including living ones actually at the schools. It is fascist 100 percent.

Just imagine if the fascists were doing the same thing to Jews and maybe, just maybe, you'll understand how evil this is.

Do you consider Leveticus evil?

The Torah seems to agree with DeSantis.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

are you trying to connect the treatment of the jews to lgbt people in america ? 

my goodness. 

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This movement is trying (mostly successfully) to ERASE the existence and history of LGBT people, including living ones actually at the schools. It is fascist stuff Putin would love 100 percent.

Nobody is being erased, no need for the chest thumping hysteria.  LGBT people can freely learn their existence and history if they choose.  You look too much to the state for affirmation and ego boosting, and you will be disappointed. Far too much of what the TQ+ community does looks like rampant narcissism and cries for attention. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wonderful.

And how many of the nice LBGTQ+/- people, who you like and respect, tell you that they need to talk to your children to explain to them that some people are different?

How many "women" with penis do you know who you would like to see in the locker room together with your wife or girls?

I agree that many people, regardless of which sexual organs they have, and regardless of what they desire, are nice people. But there are also crazy and bad people out there. We don't have to be inclusive to all of them, including the bad people.

So by your logic NO one should EVER talk to children. See what you did there?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Nobody is being erased, no need for the chest thumping hysteria.  LGBT people can freely learn their existence and history if they choose.  You look too much to the state for affirmation and ego boosting, and you will be disappointed. Far too much of what the TQ+ community does looks like rampant narcissism and cries for attention. 

You are clueless. It's a good thing you are not a lawmaker. LGBTQ's can NOT walk freely in the current climate, and it's a global shame. Once again, the tail is wagging the dog. The minority Christian bible thumpers thump THEIR chests and make laws that only hurt, and it's rooted in ignorance and hate.

I am surprised at the number of haters there are on this forum. I understand cheeky posts, we're all guilty of those, but this topic has brought out a serious gay-bashing sentiment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

?

You claimed "Nobody is exposing children's to sexually explicit material.  There are laws about sexually explicit material on the books, and it's enforced. "

It was a false claim, and I proved it false with a credible link. Now you say, OK but that was just one example proving your claim to be wrong. How many examples do you need before acknowledging your claim was false? 10? 50? I can give however many examples you need. 

Huge problem with the far right is their predilection for taking a single anecdote and claiming it proves their case.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You are clueless. It's a good thing you are not a lawmaker. LGBTQ's can NOT walk freely in the current climate, and it's a global shame. Once again, the tail is wagging the dog. The minority Christian bible thumpers thump THEIR chests and make laws that only hurt, and it's rooted in ignorance and hate.

I am surprised at the number of haters there are on this forum. I understand cheeky posts, we're all guilty of those, but this topic has brought out a serious gay-bashing sentiment.

I would be surprised if the anti LGBT brigade didn't come out on any topic like this.

They always do!

But it still annoys me when they post obvious homophobic garbage and play act that they aren't homophobic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I would be surprised if the anti LGBT brigade didn't come out on any topic like this.

They always do!

But it still annoys me when they post obvious homophobic garbage and play act that they aren't homophobic. 

I knew we had haters, but the number of them is sad.

• Like 1

The hate is transparent bluster and having little effect.

DeSantis has turned all his political guns blazing on Disney after the entertainment giant dared to criticize his legislation prohibiting any mention of LGBTQ people in most elementary school classrooms. He has repeatedly attacked the corporation in speeches, took over the board that administers their special taxing district, and threatened to toll the roads into the Walt Disney World resort complex, or even build a state prison next to it.

But it doesn't seem like his threats are having much effect on Disney's bottom line, or tourism numbers, reported Orlando Weekly on Friday.

https://www.rawstory.com/ron-desantis-disney-2660830838/?traffic_source=Connatix

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The hate is transparent bluster and having little effect.

DeSantis has turned all his political guns blazing on Disney after the entertainment giant dared to criticize his legislation prohibiting any mention of LGBTQ people in most elementary school classrooms. He has repeatedly attacked the corporation in speeches, took over the board that administers their special taxing district, and threatened to toll the roads into the Walt Disney World resort complex, or even build a state prison next to it.

But it doesn't seem like his threats are having much effect on Disney's bottom line, or tourism numbers, reported Orlando Weekly on Friday.

https://www.rawstory.com/ron-desantis-disney-2660830838/?traffic_source=Connatix

The restriction is now up to the 8th grade with a practical reality of being up to the 12th grade as any bigoted parent can sue over anything LGBT they define as "age inappropriate" for massive financial damages. The fascist DeSantis has effectively ERASED LGBT students, teachers, parents, and history in Florida schools and the movement is spreading rapidly nationwide.

As I noted before this anti LGBT DeSantis fascism is so extreme that even an OPTIONAL advanced placement course on LGBT history was nixed by the Miami school district because they correctly understood by doing it they would have been probably been sued by bigots. I don't like that the school district did this but they and all schools in Florida really have no choice -- they can hardly afford the damages from these bigot lawsuits.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1