Lazada ! One more misleading tactic.

CharlieH

On 4/28/2024 at 1:41 PM, Yellowtail said:

I have a Amazon.com : Walther CP99 .177 Caliber Pellet Gun Air Pistol, Pistol : Airsoft Guns : Sports & Outdoors

with a blown out seal, anyone know where to get it fixed? 

If you live in Bangkok, wander round Wang Burapha area and check soe of the shops there. They affer repair services, but not sure whether they could assist with an air rifle of not. 

On 6/4/2023 at 10:05 AM, Thailand said:

Last 4 items I have bought were from China, all as described and within delivery dates.

Sane same for the last dozen items, all from China.

It was a Thai vendor who delivered a dud item, return request lodged and refund received from Lazada despite nil response from Khon Kaen shop.

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The photo of the item is taken in a manner which deliberately hides the fact that the item is a 'tin-sheet with a photo on it'... 

The description specifically states what it is for sale.  Who's ever seen a rifle that small?

I wouldn't get caught out by it - but I understand how people find such deceit annoying...  I also understand how someone less initiated with these tactics could be mislead. 

Its not just this one off example - but there are plenty of example of vendors using a photographs which is misleading.

You may not think so... I but I suspect the vendors know exactly what they are doing when they post images such as this...  they'd otherwise ensure any ambiguity in the image is removed. 

As you mentioned the description 'specifically' states what item is for sale - but thats not clear to non-Thai's unless using a translation app (which many of us should be using when looking at such sites)....  

The Ops point is how the image is misleading - I agree...    

You want to play 'lawyer' and defend the vendor...   to be expected from you really... 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is a typical 'wanna-be-lawyer' approach to this issue...   

Defending the vendor when their photo is deliberately miss-leading...

Not reading the written, accurate description is a typical not-my-fault-blame-the-vendor whinger's excuse.   Have you ever seen a, something like. nine-inch rifle as the photo portrays it?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As you mentioned the description 'specifically' states what item is for sale - but thats not clear to non-Thai's

It's a Thai website, in Thailand, selling to mainly Thais.  If you can't read Thai maybe you shouldn't be buying from an ad that is written accurately in Thai?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not reading the written, accurate description is a typical not-my-fault-blame-the-vendor whinger's excuse.   Have you ever seen a, something like. nine-inch rifle as the photo portrays it?

Where does the photo say the rifle is 9" ??...     

I agree with the Op, the photo looks misleading - as neither a rifle or pellets are being sold.

The vendor could easily post a photo that makes it far more apparent that the item is a 'tin picture'...    this is the Ops point.

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's a Thai website, in Thailand, selling to mainly Thais.  If you can't read Thai maybe you shouldn't be buying from an ad that is written accurately in Thai?

I agree...   as I mentioned, I wouldn't get caught out...  

... But equally so, the photo is ambiguous...  deliberately so I believe. 

IF you or I were selling this item, we'd do a better job of ensuring the photo made it clear what is being sold. 

In this case, the vendor has presented a photo which is misleading, yet, they've backed (protected) themselves with their wording (in Thai)...    The vendor has either presented this photo to visually mislead the customer, OR they are just very lazy... 

Having witnessed very similar tactics in other items I'm looking for - the tactics of many vendors, particularly in china is one of 'trickery' rather than 'clarity'... 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
29 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where does the photo say the rifle is 9" ??... 

It doesn't, but those who bother to look will see how small it appears to be, which is why I said "something like" and "as the photo portrays".

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It doesn't, but those who bother to look will see how small it appears to be, which is why I said "something like" and "as the photo portrays".

All a bit vague then...  

The Op was based around the photograph being misleading...   it is misleading.

We've learned to have to dig deeper and triple check everything in detail, specs, reviews, seller ratings etc...   becasue of so many dishonest vendors. 

IMO - this vendor is flirting with dishonesty in using that photograph - I agree with the Op.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I'm just giving my opinion, it's you who seems to taking on the role of the (prosecuting) lawyer.

erm..   sure it is. 

So you don't think the photo is deliberately misleading and are sticking up for the vendor and disagreeing with those who are voicing annoyance at the misleading tactics of many vendors on Lazada....     

... typical of you really.

Edited by richard_smith237

56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know that those reviews are fake?

One is that some reviews are copies of earlier reviews, with the same photos.

Secondly, there are some items (18650 lithium batteries) that I know are counterfeit, but I buy them and test them to verify that they are fake, and I post my review with receipts (photos of the testing). But fake reviews are posted claiming that the counterfeits are real, and those reviews are then re-posted periodically.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know that those reviews are fake?

One is that some reviews are copies of earlier reviews, with the same photos.

Secondly, there are some items (18650 lithium batteries) that I know are counterfeit, but I buy them and test them to verify that they are fake, and I post my review with receipts (photos of the testing). But fake reviews are posted claiming that the counterfeits are real, and those reviews are then re-posted periodically.

He wouldn't believe many reviews are fake unless there was some form of proof...  as we can't use intuition, suspicion or opinion to recognise fake reviews -  wanna-be-lawyer, only wants to discuss provable facts...  which is obviously impossible, yet many of us are well aware that many reviews are fakes and have learned how to identify such or become suspicious of such.

https://pirg.org/edfund/resources/how-to-recognize-fake-online-reviews-of-products-and-services/

... many of us are also aware of fake 'review factories'... 

--------  

With this product - the ambiguity and scaling in the photo itself is a red flag for me...  

There is no doubt IMO the photo is misleading - the only question is if this is deliberate or through laziness.

4 hours ago, GarryP said:

If you live in Bangkok, wander round Wang Burapha area and check soe of the shops there. They affer repair services, but not sure whether they could assist with an air rifle of not. 

Thanks, but it's not worth that much to me.