Phuket immigration issues yellow cards to Thai landlords and foreigner

webfact

10 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I'd like to see a list of these crimes against the state, unless of course it's an offence against the state to publish such a list - which wouldn't surprise me.

I'd like to know if this whole Phuket 'red/yellow card system', under which they are able to deport people, with no appeal possible, was made law in the royal gazette - I don't think it was..??

Personally never had a problem asking landlord/condo office to declare me and give me the proof, screenshot nowadays. ithink all landlords or condos should do this necessary by Thai law. This way makes it easy for the foreigners/ tourists to ensure their different visas or extensions are done without hassle. 

When they will understand that digital nomads need freedom and no time wasted in fulfilling bureaucratic tasks, when they will open the country with 90-visa-free, it will be too late. many OTHER countries have implemented that already.

18 hours ago, NE1 said:

Probably for this.

So a Red Card for a foreigner , possible deportation .

What happens when a Thai gets a Red Card ?

Go Directly to Jail, Do NOT pass Go or collect 200 Baht!

20 hours ago, creative1000 said:

Wait what? I don't know any Thais that are racist against farang. If anything, Thai landlords are exhausted with dealing with immigration and bureaucracy, not tired of farangs renting  their homes. I've never heard of a landlord or hotel that wouldn't let a farang stay there because they are a farang with a foreign passport.

Well, immigration and bureaucracy is a Thai things but it gets a nuisance only once you have a non-Thai tenant. Some landlords simply cannot be asred to deal with non-Thai-related bureaucracy. I - for one - have my tenants in my wife's properties to access the TM30 software themselves and they all manage.

But it is time to throw this silly law overboard as well as it only makes life miserable. Thais themselves have such a tremendous mess in their civil registrar so maybe they start cleaning up that act first by moving the entire registration closer to the 21st century. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lazybones said:

Here in Phetchabun, Immigration told me that I do not need to report as long as I am returning to the same address, even when returning from overseas.

I think we all know 'rules' vary with the mood of the day ... Easy  enough for me to report online each time I return home.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...