What do you believe happens to you when you die?

31 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Sorry, I thought we were having a sensible conversation, how wrong I was.

On an original post that seems to make no sense and got 3 sad/confused reactions!  :partytime2:

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Rebirth

:crazy::cheesy:

Goodbye and best luck with your delusions.

So you have proof of your ideas. Ok.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

My own belief is that I am vey similar to the computer that I'm typing on right now. My brain is the CPU and my mind consists of all the 'stuff' that's in the memory and gives the CPU something to do.

And just like the computer, once the power has been removed and it ceases to operate, that will be the end of 'me'. (that was also Stephen Hawking's notion as well)

Animals do not fear death, they have no concept of it. The fact that they flee from danger is purely instinctual. The selfish genes protecting their future. And we homo sapiens were probably just the same until we learned how to talk and were able to kindle our imagination.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” Mark Twain.

Do computers feel love, hate, joy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Love It 1

16 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Show me the post that you are referring to or are you just imagining things again?

No I am not imagining anything!!!

Go to the Original Post which you will find at the top of the first page of THIS thread where most OP's are and you will see this: (without the highlighted bit around the sad and confused bits!)

OP.jpg.4f5e8404d9e4adfab73736d0feea6e61.jpg

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Buried - worm buffet

Cremated- bunch of dust.

Anything else, if it makes you happy to believe in whatever, good for you.????

A well chosen spiritual medium and reading up on 'cold reading techniques' to be fore-armed would challenge that assumption....

The information you get is beyond generalisations or data mining online.

Take the challenge and I'll connect you to one of the best in the UK...

Edited by freedomnow
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

The spirit or consciousness is the interaction of neurons, just like life is the interaction of chemical processes.

I'm afraid there's not much more to it, though I wish and hope I can experience rebirth, somehow, somewhere.

Physical mediumship is the strongest evidence of a spiritual reality beyond the body.

Google 'Stewart Alexander and New Thinking Allowed'...he is regarded as one of the best if not THE BEST in the UK.

Physical materialisation events....

But it's pretty much pointless trying to convince skeptics of this reality...

Tit-for-tat back and forth.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

No I am not imagining anything!!!

Go to the Original Post which you will find at the top of the first page of THIS thread where most OP's are and you will see this: (without the highlighted bit around the sad and confused bits!)

OP.jpg.4f5e8404d9e4adfab73736d0feea6e61.jpg

So, the original post had nothing to do with me? :crazy:

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

So, the original post had nothing to do with me? :crazy:

No and yes!

You said and I quote;

"Sorry, I thought we were having a sensible conversation, how wrong I was."

Hence my response!

How can you have a "sensible conversation" about a nonsensical OP which you obviously declined to look at even after I pointed it out to you!

I find the whole flow of this thread hilarious based on that OP, irrespective of my own views on the headline to it! 

:partytime2:

5 minutes ago, proton said:

The worst would be re incarnation, imagine being re born and thinking, 'God not this again' Would not wish that or eternal life on my worst enemy, one shifty life is enough thank you.????

And finding yourself back with same first ex wife, or whatever!  (insert as required)!

Edited by scottiejohn

32 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You are immortal

But this particular biological computer with it's particular data  is younique and highly improbable , but since it exists posible. How does the improbable become possible? 

Number of rolls of the dice , given enough roles of the dice eventually the improbable combination that is you will come up .

So what is nessacery for that to happen?

Time,

Given enough time rolling the dice it is inevitable that the improbable combination that is you will occur

So what is time to a dead person? 

For you,the improbable combination, time stops. but it continues elsewhere, and eventually your number comes it might take longer that the life of this universe but perhaps in the next or the next to that it will happen .

The law of probability demands it. 

But as we said , while you were dead time had stopped for you. So from your perspective , between the time you died and the time you occurred again no time has passed. 

it is like a strobe light blinking at a certain frequency.   Increase the frequency, will decrease the time between each strobe until it becomes one solid light. 

So every moment of your life however improbable always exists. 

You are information combined in different ways and interacting with other information,

Given enough computing powered your information can be digitized transmitted and reconstructed, Which is the basis for the theory of teleportation. but then unless you destroy the original you end up with two copies which is a Pairofducks ????

Ok so information can not be destroyed..Information is Imortall 

and as such You are immortal.

This is a cursory explanation,  For $12.99 I can PM you the fool version ????

Sorry that was a Freudian Slip, I meant to say full version. 

It's amazing what a vivid imagination can do. Thanks, but I'll save my $12.99 for something a little more practical (that I can't take with me when I go ????)

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

No and yes!

You said and I quote;

"Sorry, I thought we were having a sensible conversation, how wrong I was."

Hence my response!

How can you have a "sensible conversation" about a nonsensical OP which you obviously declined to look at even after I pointed it out to you!

I find the whole flow of this thread hilarious based on that OP, irrespective of my own views on the headline to it! 

:partytime2:

And I find that arguing with someone who is so delusional that they believe that we magically come back to life after death to be non productive and  waste of my time.

Goodbye.

Edited by Bert got kinky

34 minutes ago, proton said:

The worst would be re incarnation, imagine being re born and thinking, 'God not this again' Would not wish that or eternal life on my worst enemy, one shifty life is enough thank you.????

But you won't remember the last life.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

And I find that arguing with someone who is so delusional that they believe that we magically come back to life after death to be non productive and  waste of my time.

Goodbye.

Delusional to think your views are facts when unsupported by evidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MarcelV said:

The spirit or consciousness is the interaction of neurons, just like life is the interaction of chemical processes.

I'm afraid there's not much more to it, though I wish and hope I can experience rebirth, somehow, somewhere.

Prove it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

When you sleep you're definitely unware of what went on during that time. Unless you had a dream. But if you're dead then dreaming wouldn't be possible? 

Yes, we are unconscious when we sleep and don't even remember all of our dreams.  But have you ever experienced something close to sleeping and not remembered it?  Like Switched off your alarm, removed an item of clothing, thrown off the bedcovers, etc., and then gone back to sleep and not remembered it?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Rebirth

:crazy::cheesy:

Goodbye and best luck with your delusions.

You made a country your home where the majority of the populace shares in this 'delusion'.

In the end it is up to anybody what he believes in personally.

I myself prefer people who believe in trying to do morally good while alive and around me -- and it makes no difference to me if they act like this due to a belief in a heaven, virigins (of any number, or maybe just 'grapes' as the real translation goes), personal rebirth or the cycle of life being actually a thing to be free from.

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Unfortunately, I think these are explained by the person being "technically dead" but having part of their brain still alive.

Yep hallucinations, Christians have them of meeting Jesus etc, never heard muslims having the same experiences