What do you believe happens to you when you die?

4 hours ago, bignok said:

Where does the spirit come from? 

Good question - if anyone could answer we might have a clue as to where we're going.

Since we've all been taught that it's 'tHe sCiEnCe(TM)' that we all came from a 'big bang' (though for the record, it definitely wasn't a God that made it bang) that just happened.   

And the dust from the bang (magically?) changed and then we became fish, then monkeys then human. 

Does anyone actually believe this [deleted]?

or does anyone actually have a more logical explanation than a God?

People laugh about the idea of a creator but don't admit to not having an alternative theory where a simple 'dunno' would suffice.

I'm not sure either way but have my suspicions : )

Edited by ICU Kid

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

It's amazing what a vivid imagination can do. Thanks, but I'll save my $12.99 for something a little more practical (that I can't take with me when I go ????)

Dude , you certainly cant take me with , hell no I wont go. As for practicality I assure you, I am very practical. You should see me peel potatoes.   

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've no idea. You'd better ask @sirineou about that.

You never left , so no need for a return ticket , but in the multiverse there is a reality where I get the 12.99 so  be a good soldier and send me the damn 12.99????

Even better, there is a universe  where many of you send me the 12.99 (plus shipping and handling , I forgot to mention that)  so yea!  lets go with that one.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

I see no evidence presented.

Do you have a degree in biochemistry or neurology?  How about cosmology or particle physics. Quantum Field Theory? (I have one of those.) You would find your evidence there, though for some people it might be disconcerting..

The Earth is not flat. Lots of folks 'knew' it was before the theory of gravity was put forth. I guess it's fortunate that believers can take their faith into non-existence and never have to face reality. The irony is that reality is far more interesting than any faith or belief system in such things as consciousness independent of physical structure.

1 hour ago, ICU Kid said:

Good question - if anyone could answer we might have a clue as to where we're going.

Since we've all been taught that it's 'tHe sCiEnCe(TM)' that we all came from a 'big bang' (though for the record, it definitely wasn't a God that made it bang) that just happened.   

And the dust from the bang (magically?) changed and then we became fish, then monkeys then human. 

Does anyone actually believe this [deleted]?

or does anyone actually have a more logical explanation than a God?

People laugh about the idea of a creator but don't admit to not having an alternative theory where a simple 'dunno' would suffice.

I'm not sure either way but have my suspicions : )

You haven't kept up with advances in physics and quantum field theory. No need for any god nor any creator.

Disparage 'tHe sCiEnCe(TM)', and you might as well go back to bloodletting to cure disease and believing the Earth is the center of the Universe.

I guess it's a 'blessing' of sorts that the math and physics is so complicated that Flat Earth equivalents will never get their heads around it. It likely would scare them. Listen to a few talks by Neil Gershenfeld or Nima Arkani-Hamed. If you can follow it, you will begin to see the truly bizarre nature that reality is. Infinitely more interesting than virgin births, walking on water, or loaves of bread and fish feeding the many. Those are silly parlor tricks compared to what really is.

54 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You never left , so no need for a return ticket , but in the multiverse there is a reality where I get the 12.99 so  be a good soldier and send me the damn 12.99????

Even better, there is a universe  where many of you send me the 12.99 (plus shipping and handling , I forgot to mention that)  so yea!  lets go with that one.  

I assume the address to send this funding is into a Nigerian bank account!

PS;  I am referring to the "Earthly" Nigeria!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ICU Kid said:

I don't actually how many people laugh at the idea of there being a creator, but what I'm quite sure of is that there isn't and never has been any proof of it.

Whereas the development of life through evolution has been scientifically proven beyond any reasonable doubt. It's not an alternative theory, it's a scientific fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

You haven't kept up with advances in physics and quantum field theory. No need for any god nor any creator.

Listen to a few talks by Neil Gershenfeld or Nima Arkani-Hamed. If you can follow it, you will begin to see the truly bizarre nature that reality is. 

Baffle them with BS?

Please feel free to have a go and explain how life started from a 'big bang' (what caused it?) and how the magic bang dust came alive and became humans (good luck!).

PS. I don't believe the earth is flat but I would recommend bloodletting in some cases ;)

PPS. I don't believe in flat earth but neither do I believe that this 'thing' ever landed on the moon (though most people DO).  Look closely - it looks like a 3rd grade science project made with curtain rails, tin foil and the like. 

As events this decade have proven, if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes the truth.

lunar module.jpeg

Edited by ICU Kid
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Whereas the development of life through evolution has been scientifically proven beyond any reasonable doubt. It's not an alternative theory, it's a scientific fact.

Just because we were taught to repeat it in school doesn't make it a fact.

BUT, if you wanna explain this 'big bang' and what or who caused it, and how whatever was blown up came alive and eventually turned into humans then please be my guest :)

PS. There's a good argument that species are NOT evolving - have you seen the youngsters nowadays?

PPS. How long do you think it will take for dogs to evolve so they can speak English?

Edited by ICU Kid
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

One time I left a Miles Davis playlist on and went out for the day. I came back and thought:

This is how it will be. The music will go on, and I'll just be somewhere else.

Sadly, prob not wearing a white robe, sitting on a cloud, and hanging out with Jesus and Sinatra.

I'll be part of the earth and that'll be it. My broken down elements will eventually create something new, but it's not like that something-new is going to be sending me a thank you-note.

i died once when my heart stopped and you rise on high like your in a helicopter

i could see my mates            banging on my chest  from above and when it got going again i descended into my body again,but i had emptied my bowels into the my pants as you do when you die

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

i died once when my heart stopped and you rise on high like your in a helicopter

i could see my mates            banging on my chest  from above and when it got going again i descended into my body again,but i had emptied my bowels into the my pants as you do when you die

where were your mates? in heaven? with girls dangling on both arms?

DMT is released in the brain when you die. 

8 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

where were your mates? in heaven? with girls dangling on both arms?

DMT is released in the brain when you die. 

The idea that DMT is released when a person dies is based on anecdotal reports and speculation, rather than empirical evidence. (at least that's what ChatGPT says)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The physical body does lose a little weight when the soul departs. 

I tried all the weight loss diets to no avail ,.What the hell (pun intended) I'll give it a try. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 2baht said:

If you're a Muslim, 76 virgins!

Actually it's 76 virgins and 24 adolescent boys.

But you'll have to die a martyr and blow yourself and some others to pieces first.....

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The physical body does lose a little weight when the soul departs. 

How was that established? You're not going to cite Duncan MacDougall's very flawed experiments I hope.

• Like 1