What do you believe happens to you when you die?

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Prove it .... have you ever seen one ?

regards worgeordie 

Seen a soul?

A soul is a spiritual entity, so can't be seen. 

I have seen yogis in India with just light where there head is and things like that, if that is what you mean.

• Confused 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Seen a soul?

A soul is a spiritual entity, so can't be seen. 

I have seen yogis in India with just light where there head is and things like that, if that is what you mean.

Post a picture of that please , no head just a light ? so you are saying that was their soul ? 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Just now, worgeordie said:

Post a picture of that please , no head just a light ? so you are saying that was their soul ? 

regards worgeordie

No photos, sorry. Do you not believe me?

Maybe it is aura, but one yogi was a very powerful soul; I know this as I received 'drishti' from her. 

Drishti is when we focus our 3rd eyes on each other to reach elevated states of sould consciousness. 

Drishti (Sanskrit: दृष्टि, romanizeddṛṣṭi; pronounced [d̪r̩ʂʈɪ]), or focused gaze, is a means for developing concentrated intention. It relates to the fifth limb of yoga, pratyahara, concerning sense withdrawal,[1] as well as the sixth limb, dharana, relating to concentration.[2]

In Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, each asana is associated with one of the 8 focused gazes, namely Angusthamadhye (thumb), Bhrumadhye (eyebrow), Nasagre (tip of nose), Hastagrahe (tips of hands), Parshva (side), Urdhva (up), Nabhicakre (navel), and Padayoragre (tips of feet) Drishtis. In some other styles such as Sivananda Yoga, less use is made of the gaze, and fewer types are employed.

• Haha 1

I wonder about that invisible energy that visibly departs every creature, when the eyes dull at the moment of death, something in there just stops "broadcasting" and it's tangible in the passing instant. 

I don't imagine we actually reunite with anyone or anything elsewhere. 

I think what many call the "soul" that energy, hangs around aimlessly for a while, then it quickly "forgets" who we were, what it, itself was, represented through our physical being.

Then it just folds into itself, and into the unknowable spectrums of energy and particulae that thrum in the atmosphere around us, and  we cease to exist beyond even atoms on any plane.

I see this state not so much as being dead, as being energy  yet unassembled and unborn. And no I don't mean reincarnation, I mean "unborn" we don't exist at all in any state in any form.

In my imagination this is what this condition of ceasing to exist entails.   

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No photos, sorry. Do you not believe me?

As said before, I do think it not actually important that everything is 'proven'. Maybe not everything can, with our limited human abilities.

What matters, for us as a functioning zivilisation, is that people behave as if there is a moral law and ethics to follow. Everything else would lead to barbarism.

Personally, I believe in Kamma and Samsara, without having any proof that this is a 'true' reflection of reality. It just sounded the most plausible to me, so I act accordingly.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Eternal nothingness.

Entropy wins.

The trillions of molecules that were "me" get redistributed into the environment. What atoms, molecules, neurons, synapses, ions and chemicals that were temporarily my 'consciousness' go on to become trees or rocks or are contained in someone's glass of water or are part of the atmosphere. 70 or so years after I'm gone, when anyone who ever knew me is also gone, I will be totally forgotten, as if I never even existed.

When the sun goes supernova, or if it's too small to supernova and just burns out, some black hole will suck all that was Earth and this solar system, and do whatever it is black holes do with what they've reduced to a singularity.

Ceasing to exist for all eternity will bother me as much as not existing for - infinity until my awareness of self arose bothered me.

While I exist, however, I'm going to enjoy it....because I can.

Well, even after all of the matter has emptied out of the expanding universe in the far, far future, quantum fluctuations will still occur in empty space. And, given enough time, and as long as the universe continues to expand for eternity, anyone or anything could conceivably arise again out of those quantum fluctuations.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I saw a documentary, that might have been the guy, not sure.

Hmm, that tells me all I need to know thank you. You might like have a read of this website. To the best of my knowledge, such an experiment has never been repeated.

My estate gets divided among my heirs, and I am entirely forgotten in 2-3 generations.

All pain and struggle ceases. The compounds that make up my body are distributed in the environment.

As for an afterlife in any form, I simply don't know. Neither does anyone else, it's a matter of belief.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Go to any funeral and you can see what happens to you when you die.. 

You are in a coffin, then usually burnt to ashes. 

I find it rather sad that so many equate themselves to their bodies. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I was hypnotically regressed for a Scottish Hallo'een TV program. Uri Geller was on it -  interesting guy. 

I died in 1863, so it took over 100 years to be reborn. 

I bet you believe in Father Christmas too. Lol!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Although, religions, charlatans, hustlers and cults have made a lot of money out of getting people to believe otherwise.

They have also killed millions of people as well.

Edited by quake
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Around 3 billion in the world(Hindus/Buddists) believe in reincarnation, with a further 4 billion(Muslims/Christians) believing in an afterlife, yet 50% of Thai expats say there is nothing after we die.  

If you were a gambling man, who would you go with?

• Sad 1