Pita admits transferring 42,000 iTV shares to other family heirs

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, rwill said:

Why didn't he just claim they were not his shares but a friend let him borrow them and then died.

Seems to work here.

He did...he claimed they are not his, he only taking care of them....

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

looks like Pita did exactly the right thing. I think anywhere in the world so long as it's only family members that benefit from illicit schemes and not the politician him/herself it's all fine. Powerfull politicians enriching family members is in fact the international GOLD STANDARD of honesty and fairness and in no way suggest corruption. 

True...hopefully he doesn't forget a laptop at some repair shop.....the nazi oppositions seem to make a big things out of such.

14 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Accusing a politician of owning shares in a media company is a convenient way to get rid of any political enemy with little regard to the intention of the law. The law is not an issue as politicians controlling media outlets can manipulate opinion and slander rivals BUT the intent of the law has now been perverted beyond all reasons recently.

In the case of Thanatorn, hos shares in V-Luck Media was in the process of closing pending some debt collection. V-Luck Media published lifestyle magazine and inflight magazine for Nok Airline but the EC still find sufficient faults to disqualify him. There was another case before Thanathorn and also involved MFP predecessor party FFP in which K Henlod was disqualified. His shares were in the company involved in engineering but the EC claimed that the business objectives was to operate radio and TV. That was a 360 pervertion of the law. Now this case with Pita shares in iTV which the government had terminated its contract in 2007 suddenly became a problem. As I said the law has been perverted by the powers to go after their enemies. 

Yes, the law is being used both wrongly and selectively to destroy politicians who become popular and threaten the dinosaurs.  You know this, I know this, Pita, of course, should also know this.  After Thanathorn's horrible and unfair experience, why would he have any hint of anything to do with a media company?  If the shares are worthless, he should have burned them--or did whatever else was required to rid him of them--at a widely-covered press event in public before joining MFP and running for PM.   I really like the guy but not a smart move on his part to leave this as an issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

The "2001 Playbook", but with a different ending.

Election January 2001

Charges brought against PM Thaksin Shinawatra (concealing wealth) April 2001

Acquitted by Constitutional Court vote 8-7 August 2001

Spoiler alert...Thaksin overthrown by illegal coup in 2006.

Thaksin had a much, much, much stronger electoral mandate than Pita/MVF.

There is no way the Powers that Be will allow Pita/MVF to lead the new government.

The caretaker government will remain until a favorable election outcome can be arranged.

17 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

I just cannot comprehend why he did not deal these shares years ago...

Even more so after seeing how they brought down Thanathorn.

????‍♂️

Such short-sightedness doesn't bode well for him as leader of the country, does it. Sad that he's so careless, as it could well deny Thailand the fresh start that it so desperately needs. Why he left the door wide open for him to be denied his victory is extremely worrying and defies belief.

• Sad 2

The EC met to consider whether Move Forward PM candidate Pita knowingly violated election laws by applying to be an MP despite knowing he holds media shares or not. Meeting was adjourned after they realized they need more evidence & details abt the probe petition

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1666287893374197762

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Accusing a politician of owning shares in a media company is a convenient way to get rid of any political enemy with little regard to the intention of the law. The law is not an issue as politicians controlling media outlets can manipulate opinion and slander rivals BUT the intent of the law has now been perverted beyond all reasons recently.

In the case of Thanatorn, hos shares in V-Luck Media was in the process of closing pending some debt collection. V-Luck Media published lifestyle magazine and inflight magazine for Nok Airline but the EC still find sufficient faults to disqualify him. There was another case before Thanathorn and also involved MFP predecessor party FFP in which K Henlod was disqualified. His shares were in the company involved in engineering but the EC claimed that the business objectives was to operate radio and TV. That was a 360 pervertion of the law. Now this case with Pita shares in iTV which the government had terminated its contract in 2007 suddenly became a problem. As I said the law has been perverted by the powers to go after their enemies. 

Yes, but of course Pita knew all that and saw what happened to those others. So it's quite mind-boggling that a bright mind like him didn't deal with it proactively.

I sincerely wish him the best and hope he will become PM as is the Thai people's wish, but he has left himself vulnerable and I fear his impressive victory might end in tears. Can't say I'm not somewhat disappointed and expected more awareness. 

29 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Yes, but of course Pita knew all that and saw what happened to those others. So it's quite mind-boggling that a bright mind like him didn't deal with it proactively.

I sincerely wish him the best and hope he will become PM as is the Thai people's wish, but he has left himself vulnerable and I fear his impressive victory might end in tears. Can't say I'm not somewhat disappointed and expected more awareness. 

More or less we know the facts of the case and the EC a sock puppet of the regime. The facts are pretty strong that iTC ceased to become a media company in 2007 and Pita had declared his assets and liabilities to the NACC before he was elected as MP in 2019 that was certified by the EC. He had also transferred his shares to his relatives. Pita and his party legal advisers have dealt with it as best as they possibly can. However the EC can find ways to pervert the law. If EC disqualify him as MP, he still can be nominated as PM. It is the media angle that may ban him politically and disqualify him as PM candidate. I believe that the party and their elected MPs will not be affected and will still be the majority in the coalition. 

• Thumbs Up 1