Do you own a manbag?

bignok

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Bought something similar from Ali Express for $4.

Shure, ????????

Looks the same and same quality as Samsonite. Most of my Samsonite last 10- 12 years, and one of my suitcases I used for 20 years travelling all over. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

A bundle of thousand-baht bills is about the size of a large phone and from about 12 to 18 mm thick depending on how dirty they are.

Then why carry around a bag full of money? 

Apparently very tight trousers if you can't get a bundle of bills in them without a big bulge. Try not folding them over. 

They'll overnight me a new one. 

I only carry that much money once a month.

You clearly don't understand the point I was making. Someone clones your credit card by walking past you, your 4 million will be gone before you realize what has happened. It's theft in cyberspace, not physical theft of the card.

• Haha 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:45 PM, Stocky said:

I really don't give a flying f$%k what anyone thinks, other folks hang-ups aren't my concern, I just like travelling comfortably.

Why would anyone need to know about it? Nobody cares!

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

What does that have to do with you wearing tight trousers? 

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You clearly don't understand the point I was making. Someone clones your credit card by walking past you, your 4 million will be gone before you realize what has happened. It's theft in cyberspace, not physical theft of the card.

I did understand the point you were making. Perhaps it just that you are not clear on how credit cards work? If the card is cloned, they cancel it and overnight a new card to me.

Shoulder sling pack. Travel & when on cycle doing shopping around town. The leather & canvas 'bags' seem a bit much. The Indy Jones one is ok, but when I ran onto Simon Reeve traveling with one, I nearly had a fit of projectile vomiting.

osprey-daylite-sling-deep-peyto-green-tunnel-vision-one-size-deep-peyto-green-tunnel-vision-0.jpg

Edited by Dcheech
  • Haha 2

On 6/6/2023 at 7:14 PM, scottiejohn said:

Yes I have a few!

They are called, amongst many things, my wallet which I keep in one back pocket and sundries that I keep in my other pockets etc in various items of apparel !

Wallet in back pocket?? Are you not taking a chance there?

6 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Shoulder sling pack. Travel & when on cycle doing shopping around town. The leather & canvas 'bags' seem a bit much. The Indy Jones thing one be ok, might, but when I ran onto Simon Reeve traveling with one, I nearly had a fit of projectile vomiting.

osprey-daylite-sling-deep-peyto-green-tunnel-vision-one-size-deep-peyto-green-tunnel-vision-0.jpg

Looks like a backpack had a child, born with 1 arm.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bignok said:

Looks like a backpack had a child, born with 1 arm.

It works and does not look anywhere near as ridiculous as Simon Reeve toting around a leather and canvas bag from Dolce & Gabbana. That can make a person throw tinnies at the flat screen.

Edited by Dcheech

6 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

It works and does not look anywhere near as ridiculous as Simon Reeve toting around a leather and canvas bag from Dolce & Gabbana. That can make a person physically sick.

Who is Simon?

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have my cards in RFID sleeves now don't know if they work. The cloning problems I have endured seemingly always after a swipe (hotel, gas pump etc.). Never lost a satang my companies are very good at shutting this nonsense down. One time I supposedly had bought physical gold and quote "High End Audio Equipment" in Bangalore India (never been there) whilst I was actually in Manila.????

IMG_1703.jpg

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I have my cards in RFID sleeves now don't know if they work. The cloning problems I have endured seemingly always after a swipe (hotel, gas pump etc.). Never lost a satang my companies are very good at shutting this nonsense down. One time I supposedly had bought physical gold and quote "High End Audio Equipment" in Bangalore India (never been there) whilst I was actually in Manila.????

IMG_1703.jpg

I am not concerned with card skimming in Australia, because getting card fraud rectified by financial institutions is only a phone call or email away.

In Thailand, a combination of the language barrier and institutional sclerosis is a different story.

• Like 2

Yep.  Just large enough to carry my phone, my glasses (or sunglasses), and knickknacks like pens.  I used to carry a day pack but the suckers are too large for what I want to carry (glasses/phone).  Fill the extra pocket with lead and it makes a pretty good sap as well.  But, then there goes the phone and glasses.  :whistling:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surasak said:

I have enjoyed a life to the full thank you. Worrying about the unlikely is never worth the effort and I have managed the past 80+ years without it. Lets see how you are doing in the next ten years, then you may have something to worry about?

Ok so how many beers, women etc?

14 minutes ago, jimn said:

Whenever I see someone with a man bag out and about town in the evening, I immediately think drug dealer. To me they look horrible and girly. Just my honest opinion

80% of Thai guys have them. Lots of drug dealers then.

3 hours ago, Surasak said:

I have enjoyed a life to the full thank you. Worrying about the unlikely is never worth the effort and I have managed the past 80+ years without it. Lets see how you are doing in the next ten years, then you may have something to worry about?

Well it is all about timing ????

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Enlighten me please. How do "they" know the card is cloned unless you inform them of an unauthorised transaction?

I would let them know. 

How can you be sure you will get the money back, particularly when dealing with a Thai bank?

How is one sure of anything? My US card is the big one, the Thai Citibank card is only about 1M. 

You do not carry a credit card? Citibank has been great to me so far, but their consumer business is/has been taken over by UOB so not sure how that will pan out. 

BTW, I don't wear tight trousers. I don't wear trousers that look like Bedouin tents either.

You're the one that claimed you could not get a bundle of bills in your pocket without an obvious bulge, not me. 

22 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

An "F-bag may" be a homophobic slur. I do not usually carry my man bag, man purse, or "murse", but it is prepared always in a larger bag when I fly. If I ever have to evacuate off the airplane or escape a hotel fire my passport(s), keys, IDs/cards and wallet are coming with me!

My mobile is always in my pocket or nearby. Everything else can burn up for what I care

I used to get them at the a pack shop at the now defunct Kajd Suan Kaew mall in Chiang Mai.  Metal cables in straps and locking zippers for the close in slash/pull attacks.

pacsafe is the brand I used to give them to friends as gifts. High quality  and durable not sure where to find now

IMG_1700.jpg

30 sec in Google: https://shopee.co.th/pacsafe_officialshop#product_list