Do you own a manbag?

bignok

I let the wife carry my stuff,  drivers license , credit cards, keys ,etc , the only thing I carry

is cash, a notebook and pen in my shirt pocket, I don't like carrying stuff , one reason

I never took up smoking , so you boys that have and use a manbag ,what do you carry

in it, full of stuff like a ladies ,no doubt.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Is it more comfortable than stuffing pockets in shorts with stuff? 

Of course.

I see it as a necessity in Thailand as you can't always guarantee that any toilet you go into has anything more than just a dribble of water.  It's also good to have an umbrella with you most of the time in case of rain or being stuck in the sun.  Also a book is useful if you're using Thai public transport or visiting any Thai government office.

3 hours ago, bignok said:

look girly.

a girly one

Western males seem afraid to own them.

It's all down to how much you let what other people think rule your life.

If you want a shoulder bag, get a shoulder bag.  Plenty that don't look feminine.

The biggest stumbling block is having to deal with Thai shop assistants.

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

I let the wife carry my stuff,  drivers license , credit cards, keys ,etc , the only thing I carry

is cash, a notebook and pen in my shirt pocket, I don't like carrying stuff , one reason

I never took up smoking , so you boys that have and use a manbag ,what do you carry

in it, full of stuff like a ladies ,no doubt.

regards worgeordie

You only go out with your wife ???.... :passifier:

Time to man up, get a man-bag and get out there on your own big boy !!!!  :giggle:

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 22.11.46.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Not quite sure what 'man bag' is, but I certainly have more than a few bags. Most with a specific purpose.

My daily bag, which I even occasional put on my person, is called a leg bag.  Wear around waist, but predominately hangs/lays against your leg.  Long downward vs long across/fanny pak style.

Holds quite a bit, wallets, PP, yellow/bank book, TDS pen, blade, specs.

Though I cut he 'holster' straps off, as that's just silly, unless riding a MC.

Takes the weight off my spine, and every little bit less, helps.  Any weight above my waist, is accumulative as the day goes on, and I'll feel at night, when resting.  I rarely carry anything, except from house to vehicle.

This sounds interesting.  Could you post a picture of what it looks like please?  Just a google one is fine.

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

You only go out with your wife ???.... :passifier:

Time to man up, get a man-bag and get out there on your own big boy !!!!  :giggle:

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 22.11.46.png

Most of the time yes , It would last about 5 mins , I would leave it somewhere ,thats a given , 

regards worgeordie

Never thought about it, used one for years, remember buying my 1st one in 1978 so over 43 years, just the normal  thing in France where I lived at the time...

Ideal when gong out + always must also take Med's and my Insulin Pen

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I believe the common vernacular would be: man purse

....within this non binary [whatever that is] universe that some have invented for themselves.

Real men sport purses and aren't ashamed.

A purse is only for holding money in.

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

People who wear glasses day and night need 2 sets if using sunglssses as well. Really hard to carry a case without some sort of bag. I think room for small book is good too. 

Keep them in the car. Maybe you are a pedestrian?

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

My trousers typically have four pockets and my shirts have one. 

Wallet, keys, phone, change, handkerchief and comb. Still have one empty pocket. 

But just think... with the juxtaposition of the handkerchief and comb with a 'man-bag' you can highlight your 1940's traditionalism while showing off your metrosexuality and score a respecting female who'll carry your belongings for you rendering trouser pockets redundant !!!   :cool:

10 minutes ago, bignok said:
1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Keep them in the car. Maybe you are a pedestrian?

Not everyone has a car with them.

... then they can then either dress like Yellowtail look like they've time travelled from the 1940's and use any one of their seven pockets... 

... Dress to worgeordies disapproval and wear combat shorts and use any of their six to ten pockets....

... Or...  get their 'man-bag' thang goin' awnnn....  

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

It must be tiring to have your lifestyle held to ransom by the fear of "looking gay", whatever that means.

The thought never even entered my mind that it might look gay. I really wouldn't care, but I am not a particularly gay looking guy... gays are usually much better looking than I am... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

The thought never even entered my mind that it might look gay. 

It doesn't... BUT.. because females commonly use handbags, there is a projected femininity and metrosexualisation surrounding carrying a similarly sized bag (man-bag), such that some may levy the accusation of being a little fruity... 

Even my Wife nick-names my 'man-bags' my 'gay-bags'.... and now someones going to do their nut and squeal homophobia at the mere thought of the suggestion !!!... 

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ll admit to owning a few, I’ve been given stick for them over the years but they’re just too convenient...  Especially when travelling and out in the day time. 

If out at night - its thin-wallet and phone only.... 

For travelling especially on a flight the ‘man-bag’ is extremely useful...  

My later 34 years working life required a brief case so a man bag as they call em was something I got when I first retired here.

For me a brief case would look a bit daft here in Thailand.