Do you own a manbag?

bignok

Disclosure: I only use my man bag when I go to the bank to withdraw money.

The rest of the time, 500 - 1000 baht in one pocket, scooter keys in another. Phone in a shirt pocket.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I dare you to call me a poof to my face.... I have a black-belt in Tai-Chi and I used to sit in beer bars and meet up with Special forces from all over the world...    

... you’d be taken down with one swing of the man-bag in seconds !!... ????

Would be a funny fight to see..... probably just man bags.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I dare you to call me a poof to my face.... I have a black-belt in Tai-Chi and I used to sit in beer bars and meet up with Special forces from all over the world...    

... you’d be taken down with one swing of the man-bag in seconds !!... ????

Sounds like it would be a crap fight.....just manbags

44 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I have a bag that cobntains chargers, phone, tablet and other i need when i travel or do something atheltic.

otherwise i canrry a phone, rarely do i even carry cash or a wallet.

So lets rename the manbag. Now called Phone bag. So much more masculine.

Blue Planet bag ... easily seen in the malls. Back pocket, iPad, paper for jotting things down. Inside this pocket is a zippered pocket where I keep my Passport, bank books. Outside back pocket holds my keys. Large inside pocket, wallet with credit cards, medical cards and cash, reading glasses, iPhone, small card holder for Makro, BigC, 1Card, etc., small flashlight, phone/iPad charger, earphones. In front of the main pocket is another, tissues, camping roll of TP, cloth kerchief, folding Japanese hand fan. Ha there is another zippered pocket on the front where I keep a couple of bandaids, toothpicks. What can I tell you ... Be Prepared was the Motto ... OK, OK but I am not in danger of leaving it and I do not frequent dicey places ... anymore. B9921 looks close.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Much more convenient for when I draw 100,000 baht for living expenses, pockets are too small.

I have a bigger man bag for when I draw larger amounts.

I would not be surprised if some posters use them to hold KY and condoms.

I also have a man cave.

What do you wear that you can't get 100K in your pocket, Speedos? 

That's only one bundle of bills. I regularly get 30K in my wallet, and I could easily get at least 600K in my two front pockets. 

Oh, and I have a card in my wallet (that I keep in my back pocket) that holds about four million. 

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. Several. I use them when traveling. Water, sunglasses, reading glasses, a raincoat, a small umbrella, snacks, etc. Very practical. I don't care one iota what others think of me. You think I look gay? Where I come from in New York, that is considered a compliment, by all but the most insecure of men. Don't like my look? So what? Means less than zero to me. None of that is a factor. 

There are alot of good ones out there. Have a couple by pacsafe. 3000 baht and up. Worth it. 

MetrosafeLS_200ECONYL_40116138_Black_7_2aa85218-c10f-474d-a152-94e656204c63_2000x.jpg

Brilliant post!  Especially where you say "Don't like my look? So what? Means less than zero to me"  Abso-bloody-lutely!!!

Anyone who wastes their time and energy worrying about MY appearance is a very sad individual and can "do one"

By the way, i have a very similar bag to yours  - ideal when flying and going through security.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Disclosure: I only use my man bag when I go to the bank to withdraw money.

The rest of the time, 500 - 1000 baht in one pocket, scooter keys in another. Phone in a shirt pocket.

Bit :offtopic:but a mate of mine got drunk in Pattaya one night and a ladyboy approached him on the street (he says ????) and lifted his phone out of his shirt pocket. I keep mine in a zipped shorts pocket...and avoid ladyboys as it happens! 

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I let the wife carry my stuff,  drivers license , credit cards, keys ,etc , the only thing I carry

is cash, a notebook and pen in my shirt pocket, I don't like carrying stuff , one reason

I never took up smoking , so you boys that have and use a manbag ,what do you carry

in it, full of stuff like a ladies ,no doubt.

regards worgeordie

All the stuff you mention plus when travelling passport, tickets, phones (one UK, one Thai), Kindle, pen, spectacles daily meds.

As i said in my earlier post, very handy when travelling, going through security - I just place the bag on the belt and retrieve it after going through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Who's the insecure one again? I mean if you don't care and don't need approval, why bother telling us you don't care and don't need approval?

Because that is the nature of the topic. Duh. Not like I just brought it up in a casual conversation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

When does a 'man-bag' become 'just a bag' ??

When it fits a lap-top or iPad ??

I have all of these (pic below) all used at different times under different circumstances or in different combinations.

#1) Fits Phone & Wallet & Glasses (soft case).

#2) Fits 2x Phones & Wallet & Passport & Glasses & AirPods

#3) Fits above + iPad

#4) For formal meetings (Fits everything).

#5) For travelling (formal) + #1

#6) For travelling (casual) + #2

image.thumb.png.e6eb261542a146c0e2d93d9d746a9198.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, VBF said:

All the stuff you mention plus when travelling passport, tickets, phones (one UK, one Thai), Kindle, pen, spectacles daily meds.

As i said in my earlier post, very handy when travelling, going through security - I just place the bag on the belt and retrieve it after going through.

I think it safe to say that even heterosexual men take a bag when traveling. 

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have all of these (pic below) all used at different times under different circumstances or in different combinations.

#3) Fits above + iPad

Sir Manbag

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

#3) Fits above + iPad

When a guy is secure enough where they do not worry about what it's called, do not ask others what they carry, and don't post pictures of their bags. 

But, if you need reassurance, I would only call #1, #2 & #3 f-bags, #4 I'd call a bag, computer-bag or satchel, #5 I'd call a backpack and #6 I'd call a duffle or stuff-bag. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When a guy is secure enough where they do not worry about what it's called, do not ask others what they carry, and don't post pictures of their bags. 

But, if you need reassurance, I would only call #1, #2 & #3 f-bags, #4 I'd call a bag, computer-bag or satchel, #5 I'd call a backpack and #6 I'd call a duffle or stuff-bag. 

Went to shopping centre today to eat. Lots of straight guys with manbags. A couple of ladyboys no manbag.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Au contraire dear yellow tail....  I care little for the naming of anything I own or wear..... 

However, in the interests of this topic the question is somewhat topical... 

But... F-Bags... do you mean? fanny-packs ?... 

These are 'fanny-packs'  as they are termed across the pond, 'bum-bags' on my side of the pond... 

One I wouldn't ever wear...   the other I used to wear when out on the motorcycle. 

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 15.42.54.png

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Went to shopping centre today to eat. Lots of straight guys with manbags. A couple of ladyboys no manbag.

Dude, you do not need me to validate you, if you want to carry a man-bag carry one, it makes no nevermind to me. 

And to be clear, when I go shopping, I also carry a bag (typically rolled up in my left front pocket) but honestly, I don't spend much time checking out the ladyboys and the number of "straight" guys with man-bags.

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Au contraire dear yellow tail....  I care little for the naming of anything I own or wear..... 

Yet you posted pictures and asked. 

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No. 

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

However, in the interests of this topic the question is somewhat topical... 

These are 'fanny-packs'  as they are termed across the pond, 'bum-bags' on my side of the pond... 

One I wouldn't ever wear...   the other I used to wear when out on the motorcycle. 

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 15.42.54.png

Shoulder bags, sling bags - shoulder

Bum bags - waist

Some are combo

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. Several. I use them when traveling. Water, sunglasses, reading glasses, a raincoat, a small umbrella, snacks, etc. Very practical. I don't care one iota what others think of me. You think I look gay? Where I come from in New York, that is considered a compliment, by all but the most insecure of men. Don't like my look? So what? Means less than zero to me. None of that is a factor. 

There are alot of good ones out there. Have a couple by pacsafe. 3000 baht and up. Worth it

I believe that is what backpacks are for!?  Cannot image why you want a single thin strap cutting into your shoulder when you can use a backpack with padded straps when travelling. 

To each their own, travel light or travel whatever way you like!  5555

Yes, I own one and never leave home without it.  Don't know what I did before they became popular.  In my man bag you will find:  cell phone, wallet, spare masks, throat spray for polluted days, spare coins, kleenex, pen, small notepad, MRT and BTS fare cards, keycard to open the Bangkok condo door and operate the elevator, cloth tape measure, salt and pepper packets, Equal packets, a foldable shopping bag, and a few Werther's caramels.  Sometimes passport and bank books if I am doing banking.  Can't imagine trying to stuff all that into my pockets.

• Thumbs Up 1