Do you own a manbag?

bignok

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It doesn't... BUT.. because females commonly use handbags, there is a projected femininity and metrosexualisation surrounding carrying a similarly sized bag (man-bag), such that some may levy the accusation of being a little fruity... 

Even my Wife nick-names my 'man-bags' my 'gay-bags'.... and now someones going to do their nut and squeal homophobia at the mere thought of the suggestion !!!... 

My ex Mrs use to accuse me of homophobia,, said I had a phobia of coming home 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

... then they can then either dress like Yellowtail look like they've time travelled from the 1940's and use any one of their seven pockets... 

... Dress to worgeordies disapproval and wear combat shorts and use any of their six to ten pockets....

... Or...  get their 'man-bag' thang goin' awnnn....  

Math's not a strong huh? 

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

This sounds interesting.  Could you post a picture of what it looks like please?  Just a google one is fine.

This is the one I have, though pretty sure I didn't pay that price, more like 500 baht.  With shirt out, as usually is, you can barely see the bag, maybe lower half will be visible.image.png.fc4509d030ff91437930c645e6450acf.png

If on scooter, I just take wallet & phone in pant's pocket.  If in car, usually take bag, but I'm rarely far from the car, so rarely actually carry it, unless out & about exploring.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/men-waterproof-waist-drop-leg-bag-thigh-pack-zipper-multifunction-adjustable-for-cycling-outdoors-351933cm-i3610370782-s13518915786.html?spm=a2o4m.tm80167383.2074280300.1.40476BIL6BIL0x.40476BIL6BIL0x&priceCompare=skuId%3A13518915786%3Bsource%3Alazada-om%3Bsn%3A6bf057a9-1dc1-4db5-b691-2f017a20e143%3BoriginPrice%3A95472%3BvoucherPrice%3A95472%3Btimestamp%3A1686057342233

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely. And it demonstrates a high level of insecurity. Real men just don't care what others think. We don't need their approval. 

If I needed to carry a lot of stuff around with me, I would use a bag and not worry about it. I carry the same stuff now, that I've been carrying with me since I was a kid, except for the phone and glasses. The phone goes in my shirt pocket, and I wear the glasses. If I want to tke the glasses off for a while, I move the phone in my left front pants-pocket, and put my glasses in my shirt pocket. 

I'm not worried about people thinking I'm gay, I just don't have stuff to put in a bag. 

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely. And it demonstrates a high level of insecurity. Real men just don't care what others think. We don't need their approval. 

I quite enjoy wearing more 'colorful' shirts, always did.  Print/flowers/bird, brighter colors; Peach or Buddha forbid, pink-ish tone shirt.  One of my friends, commented about one pink shirt ... just replied "I'm quite secure in my sexuality, so don't care what men think", got a few smiles from the women in the room.

Looking gay isn't necessarily a bad thing, as some women may go out of their way to 'cure you' ... who am I to prevent them from showing me the way ????

I used to have neon peach wind breaker, I wore on scooter or if hiking, boating, out scuba diving.  Again, friends would comment, one when diving ... reply was ... "when we're cast in sea after an oops, who's jacket do you think the rescuers will see". 

Same with trekking, nobody going to mistake me for a deer.  High vis on a scooter never hurts.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I quite enjoy wearing more 'colorful' shirts, always did.  Print/flowers/bird, brighter colors; Peach or Buddha forbid, pink-ish tone shirt.  One of my friends, commented about one pink shirt ... just replied "I'm quite secure in my sexuality, so don't care what men think", got a few smiles from the women in the room.

Looking gay isn't necessarily a bad thing, as some women may go out of their way to 'cure you' ... who am I to prevent them from showing me the way ????

I used to have neon peach wind breaker, I wore on scooter or if hiking, boating, out scuba diving.  Again, friends would comment, one when diving ... reply was ... "when we're cast in sea after an oops, who's jacket do you think the rescuers will see". 

Same with trekking, nobody going to mistake me for a deer.  High vis on a scooter never hurts.

Same with EVs. What other people think does not matter. 

I don't have any "pinkish" shirts, they're salmon or coral. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

My trousers typically have four pockets and my shirts have one. 

Wallet, keys, phone, change, handkerchief and comb. Still have one empty pocket. 

Same, but not needed a comb for the last 30 years. :cheesy:

Ps Think it would be more interesting to know what exactly do people keep in  there man bags ?

We all know the tons of shxxxxt that the wife keeps in her bag.

Do you guys do the same. ?

I don't have a man bag. always traveled light.

Edited by quake
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, quake said:

Same, but not needed a comb for the last 30 years. :cheesy:

Ps Think it would be more interesting to know what exactly do people keep in  there man bags ?

We all know the tons of sxxxxxt that the wife keeps in her bag.

Do you guys do the same. ?

I don't have a man bag. always traveled light.

In my laptop bag i have books, tablets, vitamins, passport, power bank, water bottle etc. Too big for daily travel.

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

My is waterproof, carry phone, wallet, glases in glasses case, pack of wet wipes, face mask, flick knife, Bluetooth earphones.

Let's see now, phone (left front pocket), wallet (right front pocket), glasses (on my nose), pack of wet wipes (?), face mask (??), flick knife (!!!), bluetooth earphones (in my ears).

Still got 4 other pockets available for the likes of car keys, a wee notebook with a stubby pen and some lint.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you put inside such bag? Hair spray and lip gloss?

Much more convenient for when I draw 100,000 baht for living expenses, pockets are too small.

I have a bigger man bag for when I draw larger amounts.

I would not be surprised if some posters use them to hold KY and condoms.

I also have a man cave.

Edited by Lacessit
Tautology

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Much more convenient for when I draw 100,000 baht for living expenses, pockets are too small.

Yes, But there's no real need to draw the whole years worth out in one go.

Edited by quake
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have a bigger man bag for when I draw larger amounts.

I would not be surprised if some posters use them to hold KY and condoms.

I also have a man cave.

I've always used backpacks and laptop bags but backpackers can be picked more easily and can't share a bike. Laptop bags too big for a motorbike or walking too. A sling bag is more practical.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Evidently, you do not have a GF. Why am I not surprised?

Oh dear, sense of humor failure. 

Do you carry tissues in your man bag,  they could come in useful.

Edited by quake
  • Haha 1