Do you own a manbag?

bignok

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

I've always used backpacks and laptop bags but backpackers can be picked more easily and can't share a bike. Laptop bags too big for a motorbike or walking too. A sling bag is more practical.

Man bags leave the hands free, and they are at the front where I can see any attempt at theft.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely. And it demonstrates a high level of insecurity. Real men just don't care what others think. We don't need their approval. 

Who's the insecure one again? I mean if you don't care and don't need approval, why bother telling us you don't care and don't need approval?

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Who's the insecure one again? I mean if you don't care and don't need approval, why bother telling us you don't care and don't need approval?

Why do you care that he says he doesn't care?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, quake said:

Oh dear, sense of humor failure. 

Do you carry tissues in your man bag,  they could come in useful.

I am merely pointing out anyone funding themselves on 100,000 baht/year could not afford to provide support for a GF, even one from the hill tribes.

I'm sorry you were asleep during logic and inference classes.

I do carry bandaids in the man bag, as a precaution in case I get lacerated by someone's wit. Thank you for reminding me to change them out, they are well past their use-by date.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I am merely pointing out anyone funding themselves on 100,000 baht/year could not afford to provide support for a GF, even one from the hill tribes.

I'm sorry you were asleep during logic and inference classes.

I do carry bandaids in the man bag, as a precaution in case I get lacerated by someone's wit. Thank you for reminding me to change them out, they are well past their use-by date.

Like I said a sense of humor failure. yawn. :coffee1:

When i first came to Thailand i thought cargo shorts were the answer for the phone, wallet, loose change, reading glasses, car/mc key, etc but insecurity at hopping on and off the mc or walking through busy markets led me to try a man bag.

Never looked back, cheap, vast range, more security, comfort and not out of place here in Thailand ( didn’t take it on my trip back to the U.K.).

Have had a few , but currently use a Cross Body Bag .

IMG_0727.jpeg.f1367762240516a5cadd8648b681d6f2.jpeg

• Haha 1

I have a couple the first one I bought was a nice leather one, It fits my samsung tablet in perfect and my phone, and I bought a smaller one from Uniqlo I dont like stuffing my pockets with things, they come in handy,

1 hour ago, bignok said:

In my laptop bag i have books, tablets, vitamins, passport, power bank, water bottle etc. Too big for daily travel.

In my camera bag; 3 cameras w/lens, underwear & socks ???? and too many extras.

Laptop bag; laptop, speaker, lots of money & too many extras; chargers/card readers.

Man bag; more money, important docs, TDS pen, specks, blade, cayenne pepper, straws, fork/spoon.

Go bag in the car, JIC feeling spontaneous.

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Yes I have a few!

They are called, amongst many things, my wallet which I keep in one back pocket and sundries that I keep in my other pockets etc in various items of apparel !

Wallet in back pocket is a dream for pick pockets.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Much more convenient for when I draw 100,000 baht for living expenses, pockets are too small.

I have a bigger man bag for when I draw larger amounts.

Wow, so much money. I am impressed.

Personally, I use also use credit cards and now online payment. It's so much easier than carrying around a wad of cash.

overstuffedwallet.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Wow, so much money. I am impressed.

Personally, I use also use credit cards and now online payment. It's so much easier than carrying around a wad of cash.

overstuffedwallet.jpg

I have Australian and Thai debit cards. I only use them for emergencies in Thailand, as getting skimmed is apparently a constant risk. Lose a card, it's a nightmare getting it stopped and replaced. Lose a few hundred baht to a pickpocket, mai bpen rai.

As I partly live in a village, and also buy food in the day markets, cash is more practical. Yet to see a street vendor armed with an EFTPOS terminal.

Payment by phone is the new frontier in Thailand, to me that is even more of a security risk.

In Australia, different story. I use a debit card for everything, can't remember the last time I paid in cash.

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Without the need of a so called "man bag"!

I call them "pockets"!

Yes I use pockets too, handkerchief, cash etc. But I'd struggle, and look rather ridiculous, trying to stuff all the things I need when I'm travelling into my pockets; passport, mobile phone, credit card wallet, Kindle, spectacles case, medicines, charger and house keys.

I use the man-bag when not needing to take the laptop, when I have the laptop bag I generally leave the man-bag. 

I don't need the man-bag on a daily basis because normally I carry very little, mobile, handkerchief, cash and keys, and they do all fit comfortably in my pockets.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Let's see now, phone (left front pocket), wallet (right front pocket), glasses (on my nose), pack of wet wipes (?), face mask (??), flick knife (!!!), bluetooth earphones (in my ears).

Still got 4 other pockets available for the likes of car keys, a wee notebook with a stubby pen and some lint.

There's 6 separate pockets OK I'm bored.

Phone No. 1 double pocket to take care from scratch.

Don't wear glasses all time.

No.2 pocket Driving glasses and reading glasses in hard cases and Bluetooth ear plugs hard case.

No.3 Front top zipper pocket wallet.wet wipes mask 

No.4 back pocket small flick knife.

Small pocket No.5 vertical zipper electric tester screwdriver and tape.

Pocket No 6 next to No.1 pocket wet wipes and notebook.

Pen in glasses hard case.

Truck keys use a press open hook and hang on side where shoulder strap is fixed.

18 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I believe the common vernacular would be: man purse

....within this non binary [whatever that is] universe that some have invented for themselves.

Real men sport purses and aren't ashamed. 

Murse, bro. 

18 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

????

I first began to notice these things 2 decades ago in Saudi Arabia. They were used mostly by Lebanese. Others began to call them "Catch Me; Eff Me Bags".

Now they are mainstream.

Personally, I have no idea why I would need one. I try to carry as little as possible when out and about. I have a mini-wallet that contains a few credit cards and an insurance card. I keep a wad of cash in one front pocket, and maybe a single key unchained. I hand carry my phone or else slip it into the other front pocket. What else do I need to carry? It seems cumbersome and also a great opportunity to lose everything all at once.

Maybe if I chose to go back and live in the US I could use it to carry a Sig P229, extra mags, and a Walther PPK in .380ACP, since my home country does tend toward extreme violence.