Non-O visa (Retirement purpose)

On 6/7/2023 at 9:14 AM, brianthainess said:

I second that, last time in January my Krungsri bank took 20min and them paying 0.9% on Mee Tai account up to 2mil, is quite satisfactory for me.

On a side note yesterday I closed my SCB "Easy net" account as I have NEVER been able to access their site since i opened it. I even took my laptop with me, they re-issued the password and username, and even with a member of staff helping me, (out of 9 staff members not one could speak English) they couldn't do it 2.5 hours! later i walked out with my cash went next door to Krungsri and deposited it with them. :coffee1:

SCB Easy Net service has been discontinued from this month, app only now. Similar situation with KTB recently too. 

On 6/7/2023 at 1:17 PM, zenplay said:

Thank you for your informations ! ????????

Will I get the 90 days visa on the same day of application, or will I have to wait for some days to get it ?

As noted the time to get the 90-day type-O visa (for reason of retirement) likely varies from office to office.

Last year I applied for a type-O 90-day visa in Phuket immigration, with about 30-days left in my (then 45-day visa exempt entry) ...  It ended up taking much more than the 30 days. 

I applied and Phuket immigration told me to report to the immigration a few days prior to my Visa exempt expiring (ie almost 30 calendar days after my applying), and when I reported they assured me all was on track to get the 90-day BUT it had not yet been approved.  They then at that time took and kept my Passport.   It was more than 10 days AFTER that before I was able to get my passport back with my 90-day Type-O visa approved and inside.   Phuket needs to send the approval outside of Phuket province, and that can take time.

Needless to say , for the more than 10 days when I had no passport (and I had already passed the permission to stay stamp in the passport that I did not have (as Thai immigration had my passport) i was a bit nervous.  (I did have photocopies of my passport and its stamps) ...  But it all worked out in the end.

Now when applying for a 1 year extension on your 90-day Type-O Visa (for reason of retirement) is is VERY quick (pickup next day for me in Phuket).

But for applying for your 90-day type-O visa?  My advice?  Go the very first day that your immigration office will allow you to go to apply for such. 

Edited by oldcpu

15 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

As noted the time to get the 90-day type-O visa (for reason of retirement) likely varies from office to office.

Last year I applied for a type-O 90-day visa in Phuket immigration, with about 30-days left in my (then 45-day visa exempt entry) ...  It ended up taking much more than the 30 days. 

Phuket immigration had me report to the immigration a few days prior to my Visa exempt expiring (ie almost 30 calendar days after my appying), and when I reported they assured me all was on track to get the 90-day BUT it had not yet been approved.  They then at that time took and kept my Passport.   It was more than 10 days AFTER that before I was able to get my passport back with my 90-day Type-O visa approved and inside.   Phuket needs to send the approval outside of Phuket province, and that can take time.

Needless to say , for the more than 10 days when I had no passport (and I had already passed the permission to stay stamp in the passport that I did not have (as Thai immigration had my passport) i was a bit nervous.  (I did have photocopies of my passport and its stamps) ...  But it all worked out in the end.

Now when applying for a 1 year extension on your 90-day Type-O Visa (for reason of retirement) is is VERY quick (pickup next day for me in Phuket).

But for applying for your 90-day type-O visa?  My advice?  Go the very first day that your immigration office will allow you to go to apply for such. 

Your post is weird from start to finish.

Once application for a non O from visa exempt entry is made then under consideration period kicks in.

The current permission of stay becomes irrelevant. 

You also state immigration kept your passport.

Please show me ONE post of immigration taking  someone's passport and holding for 2 weeks.

Did you use an agent

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Please show me ONE post of immigration taking  someone's passport and holding for 2 weeks.

Two cases:

#1 - A friend of mine that stayed several years in Thailand on a Non Imm O-A Visa wanted to get rid of the for him unnecessary health-insurance requirement for the 1-year extension of that original Non Imm O-A.

He did a border-run without re-entry permit in the final weeks before expiry of his permission to stay and returned Visa Exempt.  When applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (retirement) at his SriRacha Imm Office, they kept his passport for the full 'under consideration' period (almost two weeks). And he didn't even get some form/document stating that Immigration kept his passport, which made it impossible for him to do any in person bank-transactions during that period. 

#2 - Similar case with another friend, but this time at Jomtien Imm Office.  Without a receipt they also kept his passport for the full under consideration period of approx two weeks.

>> Is this even legal?  What if they get stopped by Police and have to explain that their Passport is at Immigration and don't even have a receipt for it?  Or if they need to leave the country for a family emergency abroad and they are informed about on a Friday with Immigration closed till monday? 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Two cases:

#1 - A friend of mine that stayed several years in Thailand on a Non Imm O-A Visa wanted to get rid of the for him unnecessary health-insurance requirement for the 1-year extension of that original Non Imm O-A.

He did a border-run without re-entry permit in the final weeks before expiry of his permission to stay and returned Visa Exempt.  When applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (retirement) at his SriRacha Imm Office, they kept his passport for the full 'under consideration' period (almost two weeks). And he didn't even get some form/document stating that Immigration kept his passport, which made it impossible for him to do any in person bank-transactions during that period. 

#2 - Similar case with another friend, but this time at Jomtien Imm Office.  Without a receipt they also kept his passport for the full under consideration period of approx two weeks.

>> Is this even legal?  What if they get stopped by Police and have to explain that their Passport is at Immigration and don't even have a receipt for it?  Or if they need to leave the country for a family emergency abroad and they are informed about on a Friday with Immigration closed till monday? 

Both rogue offices.

Your two examples are irrelevant.

Immigration offices sometimes do rubbish 

As they did in your examples.

There are approx 75 immigration offices in Thailand.

Show me this behavior in more than 2

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Both rogue offices.

Your two examples are irrelevant.

Immigration offices sometimes do rubbish 

As they did in your examples.

There are approx 75 immigration offices in Thailand.

Show me this behavior in more than 2

If you intend to stay stay in Chonburi province and apply in either of those two rubbish offices (Jomtien or SriRacha) for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa from your VisaExempt or TouristVisa entry, it is quite relevant to know that the Immigration Office there can hold your passport for the full under consideration period, which can take more than 10 days. Knowing this it would be wise to make copies of your Passport ID-page and latest entry stamps, in case your passport gets lost in that chaos office, and ensure that for that period you do not have to do any business at your Thai bank branche or other service that requires your passport.  

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 1:44 PM, Red Phoenix said:

And these offices also KEEP your Passport during the under consideration period, which is extremely inconvenient.  

I am currently holding mine whilst "under consideration". My current stamp expires on the same day they said to return to pick up the non-O. At Jomtien.

On 6/6/2023 at 9:48 PM, Red Phoenix said:

YES, you will be able to get hold of the required Bank-documents on the same day that you apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (retirement).

is this fairly new? I have applied and recieved 3 Non-O's over the last 10 years and the last two I don't recall having to date the letters that same day of application? Perhaps I'm mistaken.. for the extension of stay is a letter a day or two old still accepted? I know I've not ever needed to show same day documents for extension of stay.. all this was at Jomtien Soi 5 office.

28 minutes ago, Peabody said:

I am currently holding mine whilst "under consideration". My current stamp expires on the same day they said to return to pick up the non-O. At Jomtien.

Yes, keeping your passport during the 'under consideration' period is standard practice.

And it's strange that some 2-3 months ago Immigration of Jomtien and SriRacha kept the passports of two friends of mine when they applied for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa (retirement ). Immigration kept their passports during the whole under consideration period and did not even provide them with a receipt. For sure this must have been an exception, but it was not clear why Immigration did so and their passport was only returned with the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (retirement) at the end of the under consideration period.

43 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

is this fairly new? I have applied and recieved 3 Non-O's over the last 10 years and the last two I don't recall having to date the letters that same day of application? Perhaps I'm mistaken.. for the extension of stay is a letter a day or two old still accepted? I know I've not ever needed to show same day documents for extension of stay.. all this was at Jomtien Soi 5 office.

It is not new, but depends on the Imm Office whether that Office requires the bank statement letter to be issued on the same day as the 1-year extension application.  Some offices are more lenient, and allow that the bank statement letter (or Passbook update) was issued the day beforehand or even a couple of days beforehand. 

12 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

SCB Easy Net service has been discontinued from this month, app only now. Similar situation with KTB recently too. 

:DesktopEN_Easy%20Net%20Sunset%20-%20Easy

Edited by zzzzz
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/23/2023 at 10:10 PM, DrJack54 said:

Your post is weird from start to finish.

Once application for a non O from visa exempt entry is made then under consideration period kicks in.

The current permission of stay becomes irrelevant. 

You also state immigration kept your passport.

Did you use an agent

No I did not use an agent.

And yes immigration did keep my passport for 2 weeks.

This was an application for a 90 day Type-O visa in Phuket in the late October to early December timeframe last year.

I posted previously on this.

You may find it weird but those are the facts. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2023 at 8:15 AM, oldcpu said:

Krungsri bank is pretty good at providing one all the required documents in one day (contrary to Bangkok Bank where it can take up to a week).  I've had Krungsri bank provide me your item 5.1 and 5.2 on one day (I went as soon as they opened and I had same provided in less than 30-minutes).  I did not need to obtain your item 5.3 from Krungsri so I can't verify that from experience.

My Bangkok Bank branch required two weeks.  

On 6/7/2023 at 10:38 AM, Red Phoenix said:

No problem then, as there will be no surprises when applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (retirement) at CW when you meet the requirements.

Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement application requirements.pdf 136.82 kB · 9 downloads TM-87 - Application for Visa from Visa Exempt.pdf 73.39 kB · 5 downloads

One more question ???? :

I can see on TM87, that they need "Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord".

I am living in my own condo unit that I bought 8 years ago.

So I guess that a copy of the Title Deed is sufficient.

Am I right ? Thx.

2 hours ago, zenplay said:

One more question ???? :

I can see on TM87, that they need "Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord".

I am living in my own condo unit that I bought 8 years ago.

So I guess that a copy of the Title Deed is sufficient.

Am I right ? Thx.

You are correct. The chanote is sufficient.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2023 at 6:26 PM, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, at the Chonburi Imm Offices (Jomtien and SriRacha) they deliberately try to make the 90-day Visa and 1-year extension process as difficult, non-transparent and unpleasant as possible. This to make confused and disgusted applicants that tried to do the application on their own and are confronted with those deliberate hurdles, to seek the help of a Visa agent.  And obviously the Imm Officers receive a brown envelope with content under the table from the Visa agents for 'services rendered'.  Corruption is the Name of the Game...

I managed a Non O with the Soi 5 "dragon lady" back in 2018 just before they Nixed the Embassy affidavit deal. Stayed calm, wai'd and bowed my way through it.. I brought all my documentation but she still seemed mad as hell to see me there! I was begrudgingly given my stamp.. The extension desk there is way more accommodating and polite IMHO.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1