Sukhothai - things to do?

Neeranam

Thinking of opening a seafood restaurant in Sukothai. 

Are there decent golf courses there?

Many farang?

Is it easy to get to Chiang Mai/Bangkok?

Actually, if it is not in Central Thailand, maybe someone could move it to the Northern region, of there is one. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

There is a small airport outside of the city if that is what you mean by easy... it is probably a 4.5 hour drive to CM and maybe 6 hours to Bkk - 

Oh, farther than I  thought, thanks.

3 hours ago, ignore it said:

Sukhothai administration officials may object to moving North.

Sukhothai province is quite large and labelled as central Thailand but goes up to Phrae province past 2 provinces that are classed as upper North.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Oh, farther than I  thought, thanks.

Without long stops driving within limits from Sukhothai to Outskirts of Bkk can be done 4. 1/2 hours.

CM can be done from Sukhothai in 3 hours.

Non stop I did it on my bike in 2. 1/4 hours.

I think we need a good steakhouse in Sukhothai!  I'm yet to find a decent Eye Fillet or T-bone in this town cooked for me at a restaurant. Plenty of seafood eateries around plus the seafood in the normal Thai eateries. 

Muang Kaow is more touristy (by day) than downtown. 

Explore there first! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bangkok19 said:

I think we need a good steakhouse in Sukhothai!  I'm yet to find a decent Eye Fillet or T-bone in this town cooked for me at a restaurant. Plenty of seafood eateries around plus the seafood in the normal Thai eateries. 

Explore there first! 

There's a steak house outside New Sukhothai town on the 101 called Steak 500.

Not sure of a steakhouse in New Sukhothai, pork steaks there are a few places one it the Lee Tree.

Waste of time Old City Sukhothai = Muang Kao, I live there, there's more shut restaurants than open ones all dead by 10 o/c.

New Sukhothai many places open till 12 o/c off a road near Toyota at the traffic light cross roads going out of New Sukhothai centre.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

I stayed 2 nights with my niece, apart from the wonderful park which is worth a good visit, there was nothing to do, and very little choice in restaurants. Very quiet everywhere, even in the Historical park which was practically empty, this was a weekday before Covid. 

23 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

Explore there first! 

I'm a vegetarian, so that won't be happening! 

• 2 months later...