Prayut To Be Held Accountable For His Deeds Over Last 9 Years: Pita

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pita Limjaroenrat said today (June 6) caretaker prime minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is yet to be held accountable for whatever loss and damage which he may have caused to the people and country over the last nine years.

what about tony woodsome? :goof:

23 minutes ago, h90 said:

Not "the people" Most people did not vote for him. He is just the strongest party who needs coalition partner. And many would not vote for him again (The Marijuana for example are horrified). Strongest party is an important position but it is not "the people".

Well ok but Most people are against a Military Government, weed has, and always will, be available.

6 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

So much for the "Move Forward Party"

Starting off by dwelling in the past.

Pathetic.

This has to be the STUPIDEST MOVE anyone could make.

He wants to be PM 

He wnts to change the way things are done.

He wants Prayut appointed Senators to ote for him.

Then he starts the same old song and dance that Thaksin, the Dem Party, Prayut and the military have been dong for centuries.

Timne for a new election and a new nominee this guy is just as bad as the previous generations and has learned nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

As an unrequited junta shill I won't convince you,but for others there's the small matter of overthrowing by force a democraticly elected government,the poor economic performance Vs ASEAN peers ,poor procurement of vaccines (given you mentioned COVID) plus lack of FDI that a junta causes

To correct the details: overthrowing an expired (and therefor not legal) caretaker government, that just had broken elections and so preventing a civil war. There was no democratic elected government anymore.
Poor Economic performance: I agree 100%. Specially the first 4 years as dictator would have been a huge chance for reforms that you couldn't do normally. He complete failed.

I agree on that. But that doesn't make it a nightmare.
Covid: yes a mismanagement, whatever the opinions on Covid and vaccine it could have been done better. He did fear mongering, but not buying the western vaccine. That is not understandable. But in international comparison he avoided the polarization / massive split in society and anger and did not treat to shoot people (Like in the Philippines). Would give him a 3 out of 10 points on it....Not good but not a nightmare.
FDI....yes...

That makes him the average politician...neither a hero nor a villain. And with the red/yellow/Abhisit/Yingluck/Samak/Floods/RiceScam I am satisfied with average inefficient boring....Instead of missed opportunities you could have like 1.5 Meter water in the house while the government loosed a second year of rice harvest....
Instead of Prayuth I would prefer the first term (not the second) of Thaksin. Or the Dems government before. But I take Prayuth over Abhisit, Yingluck and Samak or Pita

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Well ok but Most people are against a Military Government, weed has, and always will, be available.

Most people want to have a good life, don't want to stay in jail for having a bit weed in the pocket and don't care much what corrupt politician stealing their money as long as it is not too much. Not different than in China....if you get 10% more every year you are happy....if you are stagnant or get less every year you want to change...and that happened with Prayuth....But people don't want civil war....or no military when there are the next floods.

4 hours ago, stoner said:

should of kept your mouth shut until you were actually going to take action pita. very dumb move my friend. 

should have, should HAVE... dammit!

Back on topic: No, he should not have kept his mouth shut. If you explore the fuller text in the linked news article, Pita's alluding to legal due process and not to personal vendettas.

"Pita confirmed Prayut will be legally bound to take responsibility for his own deeds which may have practically incurred losses and damage to the people and country.

“There will be nothing personal about the established process under which Prayut will be held accountable for whatever he may have done. There’ll be no personal revenge against him as may have been earlier anticipated,” the Move Forward leader said without elaborating."

• Love It 2

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Pita's alluding to legal due process and not to personal vendettas.

do we live in the same country or ?

i live in thailand. legal due process with coup makers. good one you win the internet for today. 

I would think Pita will try his best but if he doesn't get support from the people he will eventually agree, nothing can beat the might of a ruler in charge if the people allow it be such this way. He will thank those that did support but agree to fact that it's not possible with such little interest from the public. As compared to France where half the city would be burnt down by now. Please don't burn down anything. Everybody be calm and compromise.

Edited by TimeMachine

2 hours ago, h90 said:

Where do you take from that millions want Prayuth punished? I often voted in my country a other party than in power but never wanted the current party punished. And normally in a democracy we don't punish politicians who didn't brake the law (unfortunately we don't even punish these who do brake the law).

If Prayuth broke the law, everyone can go to court about it.

Well, that little detail of the constitution that was in effect at the time of the coup actually provided the death penalty for coup plotters. In his self-made constitution, Prayut anchored a general amnesty for himself and the putschists in a snap action. The world of "laws", what is right and wrong is not so simple as black and white.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Headline - Thailand opposition crushes military parties in election rout

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/old-rivalries-new-battle-thailand-goes-polls-2023-05-13/

What planet you on?

What is your argument? MF won 150 of 500 MPs...350 are with other parties and that might be a bit less if there is a new election.

You have to get into power first Pita, which means you have to explain away the ITV media shares you were holding as they will be the first domino to make the entire MFP collapses.  And by the way, simply divesting yourself of those shares before you ran would have solve your dilemma, but?  You didn't.  So you're saying you're above the law, all the while pointing fingers???  Take the log out of your own eye first son.  You need to get into power before you can make change, and you need to be squeeky-clean in order to get into power.  Unfortunately you thumbed your nose at the election laws as though you were above these laws.  So? Don't complain. 
To tread the moral high-ground you need to have impeccable morals and follow establish laws to the letter.
Then after you get into power, legitimately, you can then address the wrongdoing of others.  Your stance at the moment is just a little bit hypocritical.  Sad.  :sad:

Edited by connda

48 minutes ago, stoner said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Pita's alluding to legal due process and not to personal vendettas.

do we live in the same country or ?

i live in thailand. legal due process with coup makers. good one you win the internet for today. 

Oh, so it really is a reading comprehension thing with you and not just rubbish grammar.

A post using all Capital letters has been removed.

5. Do not post text with all capital letters or with over-sized fonts, all bold font, non-standard fonts, colored fonts or unusually large emojis. Do not use emojis or any other form of graphics in the title of your poll or topic.

1 minute ago, connda said:

You have to get into power first Pita, which means you have to explain away the ITV media shares you were holding as they will be the first domino to make the entire MFP collapses.  And by the way, simply divesting yourself of those shares before you ran would have solve your dilemma, but?  You didn't.  So you're saying you're above the law, all the while pointing fingers???  Take the log out of your own eye first son.  You need to get into power before you can make change, and you need to be squeeky-clean in order to get into power.  Unfortunately you thumbed you nose at the election laws.  Don't complain. 

But Prayuth's pretty much admitted that he won't get another crack at the top job so, keeping in mind your strictures of not being "above the law" and a "need to be squeeky-clean", who do you suggest now, son?

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Putting wrongs to rights... is moving forwards not swelling in the past

showing that history will never repeat itself again now that the people have spoken and showing the military they do not belong in politics.

Not pathetic

He's not the PM.

He doesn't even come close to having a majority.

Prosecuting crimes is the job of the judiciary not politicans cheap talk with no backup.

Maybe if he ever achieves anything, then he can talk.

My guess is,  if he becomes PM, then in a few years the membership of AN who now sing his praises will be lambasting him in the same manner as they do Prayut today.

History always repeats, whether people learn from it or not. We are a creature of habit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

He's not the PM.

Prosecuting crimes is the job of the judiciary not politicans cheap talk with no backup.

My guess is,  if he becomes PM, then in a few years the membership of AN who now sing his praises will be lambasting him in the same manner as they do Prayut today.

History always repeats, whether people learn from it or not. We are a creature of habit.

I think it will be too much for Thaksin and he'll form a government without MF. Thaksin doesn't want to get banned again because MF makes nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

All of the millions of Thais that want to see Prayuth pay for his crimes…,, this tough talk from Pita is exactly what they want to hear and it is exactly the sort of thing that will keep them fired up and proactive in this ridiculous post election lull.

And into their disenfranchised status once Pita and MFP are banned.

It was inevitable, no matter what he said or did, that he was going to be banned; might as well continue keeping the flames alive.

6 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

He's not the PM.

Is there anyone closer to having a majority than Pita?

Politicians can certainly set up commissions to run investigations which can then recommend charges (what do you think the Asset Scrutiny Commission set up in 2006 was).

Your guess, like the rest of your post, is probably wrong.

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Is there anyone closer to having a majority than Pita?

Politicians can certainly set up commissions to run investigations which can then recommend charges (what do you think the Asset Scrutiny Commission set up in 2006 was).

Your guess, like the rest of your post, is probably wrong.

Wait till the election commission is finished than there will be a new parliament. I can well imagine that PTP can win over MF. Currently MF is doing everything to not get voted in.

I am sure someone in Dubai enjoys it already.