American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

webfact

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm telling you how I perceived it. Hostile. You don't get to dictate how your rhetoric is perceived by readers.

And I'm disagreeing with your opinion. ???? 

I'm afraid your opinion does not count as fact, as much as you would like to think it does.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And I'm disagreeing with your opinion. ???? 

I'm afraid your opinion does not count as fact, as much as you would like to think it does.

This is quite hilarious now!

You're disagreeing with how I personally perceive your tone.

Sounds like you think you're God.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This is quite hilarious now!

You're disagreeing with how I personally perceive your tone.

Sounds like you think you're God.

Wow.  You really think that whatever you believe just magically becomes fact, huh?

Yes, I'm disagreeing with your opinion.  My tone is not hostile, so your perception is wrong.

You are too emotionally attached to the subject, therefore you are unable to be objective.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Wow.  You really think that whatever you believe just magically becomes fact, huh?

Yes, I'm disagreeing with your opinion.  My tone is not hostile, so your perception is wrong.

You are too emotionally attached to the subject, therefore you are unable to be objective.

Perception is not opinion. It's something experienced. You will never control other people's perceptions. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, glegolo18 said:

Probably because they just like to play with dolls not footballs, and dress in girli-clothes and not mens clothes... Nature is not always nice to us humans....

Well many women take a TShirt and blue jeans and a bit too old for dolls and foootball

16 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Essentially, they're expanding it to cover as many groups as possible that don't come under the definition "heterosexual".  This then gives them an advantage in the Oppression Olympics as they can claim all the collective oppression of every group within LGBT.

But it allows us to apply for diversity hires....being gay....my wife would leave me...not good....same as transgender.....but by combining L and T I am in the green again. Can still love women and still get the diversity job. And we would have had all these genders 30 years ago I might be able to wiggle out of being drafted my the military.
(Sarcasm...of course)

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Perception is not opinion. It's something experienced. You will never control other people's perceptions. 

I don't need to control your perception.  Perception is affected by beliefs, opinions and feelings, and perception can be wrong.

Your perception is wrong.  You have a very strong bias which prevents you from being objective.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't need to control your perception.  Perception is affected by beliefs, opinions and feelings, and perception can be wrong.

Your perception is wrong.  You have a very strong bias which prevents you from being objective.

Unbelievable hubris.

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2023 at 7:24 AM, Pouatchee said:

disagree. this is a social problem and people are so afraid in these times to go against the current for fear of being cancelled. i dont want to be on the bible belt bible thumping coservative team, but i also dont want to be on the left liberal side where anything goes except if you disagred with them.  as bill maher says the problem starts with parents and the education kids get. when heroes become drag queens reading stories to kids in schools what role model do the kids havd left to follow? prime time tv is so much after ratings that nearly all tv shows have gay sex scenes now. frankly i have always hated sex scenes be they hetero or gay in movies and tv. this is a societal problem which for now seems to have no ending.

In a nutshell, the olny reason the lgbtqwerty acronym keeps getting bigger is because WE as a society let it run amock

yes...I consider myself as liberal (in the way it was 40 years ago). But now as Atheist I have more in common with some bible belt conservatives. That is a very strange place to be....

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, h90 said:

yes...I consider myself as liberal (in the way it was 40 years ago). But now as Atheist I have more in common with some bible belt conservatives. That is a very strange place to be....

Left used to believe in free speech, right was against it. Now it is the opposite.

22 minutes ago, h90 said:

It's weird.  Suddenly saying that everyone is equal and deserves the same rights and protections becomes controversial and conservative.  People saying "hang on, this doesn't seem fair" or "I'm not sure these people are being honest" are labelled as "right-wing Nazis".

What a time to be alive...

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

No hostility there.

To point out that someone is deluded is "hostile" to you?

I should just ignore it and say that you are right?  Otherwise I risk being labelled as "hostile"?

So, I can either agree with you or be wrong?

That's very convenient for you.

27 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

To point out that someone is deluded is "hostile" to you?

I should just ignore it and say that you are right?  Otherwise I risk being labelled as "hostile"?

So, I can either agree with you or be wrong?

That's very convenient for you.

I'll let you have the last (inane) word on this matter just to make it stop.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, this person transitioned not just from male to female, but from straight to lesbian? It doesn't really matter, they can live their own lives as they see fit, but I wonder if they ever feel slightly confused when they first wake up in the morning.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, charmonman said:

So, this person transitioned not just from male to female, but from straight to lesbian? It doesn't really matter, they can live their own lives as they see fit, but I wonder if they ever feel slightly confused when they first wake up in the morning.

Gender identity and sexual orientation are different things.

She liked women as a man and she still likes women as a trans woman.

It always mystifies me why so many people don't even try to make sense of such things. It's not rocket science.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Especially if their tackle is intact and they essentially have "heterosexual sex".

It's like when you get a trans-man who gets pregnant.  They obviously feel "wrong" living as a woman and having a woman's body, but then they go through pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.  I'm not sure how that helps to make someone feel like a man.

As you say, it's up to them how they want to live, but it does make you wonder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Especially if their tackle is intact and they essentially have "heterosexual sex".

It's like when you get a trans-man who gets pregnant.  They obviously feel "wrong" living as a woman and having a woman's body, but then they go through pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.  I'm not sure how that helps to make someone feel like a man.

As you say, it's up to them how they want to live, but it does make you wonder.

Do you wonder about the choices of cisgender heteronormatives that you don't know? As you said, it's up to them. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do you wonder about the choices of cisgender heteronormatives that you don't know? As you said, it's up to them. 

I wonder about many things.  I don't let ideology blind me.  That's why I can debate things rationally.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1