Getting a tourist visa

Yes.

Requires appointment 

Note: you can obtain one 30 day extension to each visa exempt entry 

Depending on your history can can obtain 2 visa exempt entries via land per calendar year. 

Edited by DrJack54

I dont know..can you?    jk  ????

I dont see why not....Ive done it many times.......i hate the long haul so just do a burma border bounce and extend that one...and i dont need to buy a laos visa that i use for a day or 2 just so can get a thai visa

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If, as I suspect, you have spent limited time in Thailand as a tourist, you will be able to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane. As advised above you need an appointment (see https://www.thaivisavientiane.com/ThaiConsular/). When you apply for the visa, ensure you meet the requirements specified in https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/page/tourist-visa-2?menu=63bcd875e8b39d00fd0e7513.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You should definitely do the extension to your current Visa Exempt (permit to stay) as DrJack has suggested. Be sure that you either have a copy of the TM30 or that you carry a properly signed TM30 document with you to immigration. (In past I have been able to submit one with the owners signature and their proof of ownership and then apply for extensions... PerCOVID). If you're in a hotel ask them if they filed the TM30). BritTim or DrJack will have to give you the particulars about that.

You will want to 'save' your land border run for the 2nd visa exempt as long as possible. IMHO

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

Requires appointment 

Note: you can obtain one 30 day extension to each visa exempt entry 

Depending on your history can can obtain 2 visa exempt entries via land per calendar year. 

If i go to Vientiane and get a single entry tourist visa, can i come back to Thailand over the friendship brige?

Or is that crossing only possible with a visa exempt?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, ketilnm said:

If i go to Vientiane and get a single entry tourist visa, can i come back to Thailand over the friendship brige?

Thanks

Yes at friendship Enter with tourist visa no problem

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ketilnm said:

Thanks

you come back in the same way you exited....can get a laos visa at the bridge too while u wait

as noted did you already extend your 30 day"exempt" stamp....you dont want to go to burma and do a border hop ..you would get another 30 and could extend that same as your first one