Dental crown replacement

voyagerUSA

Looks like I may need to have a crown replaced soon. What should be the price range for a porcelain crown and what is a good place to do it in Bangkok? The one I have now lasted only about 10yrs and is now leaking apparently, I am hoping for something that will last longer.

A little off topic but I have had three implants all with Zirconia Crowns.  The dentist told me the Zirconia crown is the most durable and were 15,000 baht per crown.  I got all of dental work done in Chiang Mai. 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Depends on the crown material. Better material, in Bangkok, around 20k. That is assuming no need to replace the post.

Yeah I was quoted 23k including prep work by my current place, but sounded a bit high and also the crown they did before lasted only 9 years which is on the low end from what I understand so I am inclined to shop around. There are several places with fancy english language websites but perhaps a more local oriented place would do as good a job but at lower cost? Or is it just that the cost of the crown itself so high that they cant discount much?

2 hours ago, voyagerUSA said:

There are several places with fancy english language websites

I avoid them. 

Reports a mixed at best. 

I have used Dental Hospital at Onnut (formerly at soi 49) but never for crowns and not in the last 5 years. They used to be the best dental care in Bangkok. Expensive. 

Dentista dental clinic at Onnut is good for crowns. Not cheap.

13 hours ago, voyagerUSA said:

Yeah I was quoted 23k including prep work by my current place, but sounded a bit high and also the crown they did before lasted only 9 years which is on the low end from what I understand so I am inclined to shop around. There are several places with fancy english language websites but perhaps a more local oriented place would do as good a job but at lower cost? Or is it just that the cost of the crown itself so high that they cant discount much?

The main cost driver is the cost of the crown itself.