The future of masking -- will it ever end?

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

It saddens my heart when I see little kids going to school all masked up. Wished they would stop the foolishness.

Have you considered that masking can be effective in reducing transmission of airborne disease and that the children value the lives of their grandparents and could be happy to help protect them.

It saddens me to see political ideology at odds with expert medical advice.

Yes, masks reduce the risk of spreading COVID, despite a review saying they don't (theconversation.com)

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

39 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Have you considered that masking can be effective in reducing transmission of airborne disease and that the children value the lives of their grandparents and could be happy to help protect them.

Yes, masks reduce the risk of spreading COVID, despite a review saying they don't (theconversation.com)

NO!

Get rid off them as standard wear,  To be used (not worn) except possibly in crowded places.

In Greece wearing your mask is mandatory in hospitals (where doctors and nurses express their displeasure to wear) but its not mandatory to wear outside or in stores.

Indeed, when visiting a tourist destination like Thailand, seeing the local citizens wearing cloths over their mouths is disgusting for the health safety of the visitors....Restrictive measures have a negative impact on tourist destinations.
We are at a stage where the American economy has gone bankrupt and is devaluing the dollar in order to reduce the debt. American debt hasbeen nominated in .....USA$....
In the other economies, colpo grosso we have inflation of 7.5% and growth of 1% ........and the Government Debt is reduced by 7.5% + 1% = 8.5%. This is Mickey Mouse economy!

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Edited by Paris333

Just now, Paris333 said:

In Greece wearing your mask is mandatory in hospitals (where doctors and norces express their displeasure to wear) but its not mandatory to wear outside or in stores.

I agree with the use of masks in hospitals/clinics etc, especially if they have covid patients and also local markets and crowded places.  

2 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I will share with you if you share your educational level and political lean with me , deal?

What a crass response!

Are you saying you/we wear/use a mask all the time outdoors/indoors/markets etc.  Where  and when or are you saying we should only use/wear the rags?

PS; What has anyone's  "educational level and political lean" got to do with my questions/statements?

Edited by scottiejohn
PS Added
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Pink Mist said:

Yes, we did in elevators if we were sick.  However, this was on an escalator by the way, and we wore them prior to covid if we were sick and needed to go out. It's called common courtesy.  It was something I did in the US long ago if I was sick when I went to a doctor's office.  However, if I am ill I tend not to go out.

i never wore a mask in my life pretty much prior to coming to live in thailand. i don't recall much mask wearing ever in canada before covid. not even in hospitals. the only people wearing masks at hospitals were some of the people that worked there. 

there was no common mask wearing in most of the world prior to covid. yes there are places where masks were worn and you did which is great for you but pretending it was common and that many people did it out of courtesy on a regular basis is being disingenuous. which is the sentiment of many posters on here. 

Edited by stoner

1 hour ago, stoner said:

i never wore a mask in my life pretty much prior to coming to live in thailand. i don't recall much mask wearing ever in canada before covid. not even in hospitals. the only people wearing masks at hospitals were some of the people that worked there. 

there was no common mask wearing in most of the world prior to covid. yes there are places where masks were worn and you did which is great for you but pretending it was common and that many people did it out of courtesy on a regular basis is being disingenuous. which is the sentiment of many posters on here. 

'pretending it was common and that many people did it out of courtesy on a regular basis is being disingenuous'

You're entitled to your opinion but not your own facts.

Thai do frequently ware masks when ill to prevent transmitting disease to others. The concept is not new, I grew up aware protecting others was a thing, my mom was a nurse.  It's also widely known and always has been that if you are sick and in close contact with others they are likely to catch it. They knew that in 1918, and wore masks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They still mask like it's mandatory at many government schools, private schools now are mainly demasked though - possibly the seeding of critical thinking.

I think when MFP take control of the health department revised guidelines that are more inline with the rest of the world will be announced and then hopefully the 24/7 mask madness ends.

On 6/8/2023 at 5:26 AM, ultramarine said:

And yet it is unfortunate that there is this awkward thing that separates us farang from Thai.  

Thailand has been my home for more than 20 years, over the years the only separation between foreigners (farang) and Thai's is the negativity, the constant moaning and complaining from some foreigners about Thailand and it's people. 

It's quite childish and immature, if you are uneasy or don't like Thailand and it's quirks and features, GO, get lost and mind your own business, go back to your own country of citizenship and be miserable. 

Some people are just rude and annoying, never happy or satisfied, possibly due to poor parenting.

I don't know what's wrong with society, seems to be way too many people whinging and whining. 

I read comments from members saying that they like to discuss,  talk about and debate Thailand's different issues.

You members are encouraging the weak to follow you with your miserable, nasty thoughts. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

52 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Thailand has been my home for more than 20 years, over the years the only separation between foreigners (farang) and Thai's is the negativity, the constant moaning and complaining from some foreigners about Thailand and it's people. 

It's quite childish and immature, if you are uneasy or don't like Thailand and it's quirks and features, GO, get lost and mind your own business, go back to your own country of citizenship and be miserable. 

Some people are just rude and annoying, never happy or satisfied, possibly due to poor parenting.

I don't know what's wrong with society, seems to be way too many people whinging and whining. 

I read comments from members saying that they like to discuss,  talk about and debate Thailand's different issues.

You members are encouraging the weak to follow you with your miserable, nasty thoughts. 

Personally, I think it's the opposite. As a Brit I find I have plenty to moan and complain about my country of origin. Having now lived in Thailand for 18+ years, I also find plenty to moan and complain about my adopted country (not just the ridiculous fixation with masks!).

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 9:09 PM, LosLobo said:

yes and kids should get all kind of airborne disease....it is the normal way that the kids get something new all the time. That will than be the background immunity we have as adults. Humanity survived millennia without masks. If they are sick and the grandparents weak than don't visit them....keep distance. But let the kids grow up normal.

• Thanks 2

On 6/18/2023 at 3:37 PM, farang9392 said:

They still mask like it's mandatory at many government schools, private schools now are mainly demasked though - possibly the seeding of critical thinking.

I think when MFP take control of the health department revised guidelines that are more inline with the rest of the world will be announced and then hopefully the 24/7 mask madness ends.

Do you think MFP is more reasonable on that? If yes I would immediately have a better opinion about MFP

17 minutes ago, h90 said:

yes and kids should get all kind of airborne disease....it is the normal way that the kids get something new all the time. That will than be the background immunity we have as adults. Humanity survived millennia without masks. If they are sick and the grandparents weak than don't visit them....keep distance. But let the kids grow up normal.

You seem to know little about typical family life in Thailand where most grandparents and children live in the same household. 

Edited by LosLobo

32 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

You seem to know little about typical family life in Thailand where most grandparents and children live in the same household. 

It's still sad to see the little ones all masked up. Leave the kids alone. My kid wasn't vaxxed, never sick, stopped wearing masks at school whenever the school stopped the mandate. No problem.

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

and they started to live so 2019 or did they live so without any problems and without any masks for centuries?

8 minutes ago, h90 said:

and they started to live so 2019 or did they live so without any problems and without any masks for centuries?

You seem to forget many millions in the world did not live from COVID and many more did suffer  problems.

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

You seem to forget many millions in the world did not live from COVID and many more did suffer  problems.

Yes that happens from time to time....it is tragic but we must continue living, we can't hide in fear forever and damage our immune system with that even more.

In Europe since month...maybe a year? No one...not even my 80 year old parents even remember the masks and here we force children?

I don't want to ban masks, and they may make sense for older people but not for children...they need to have a normal life, get in contact with viruses and need to learn from facial expressions. With the addiction to the mobile phones it is bad enough, we should not add masks to it.

And again....I am not advocating for not wearing masks in the hospital...I only mean schools and children.

3 hours ago, h90 said:

Do you think MFP is more reasonable on that? If yes I would immediately have a better opinion about MFP

I hope so, Pita is young, most of the uniquely Thailand covid forever media fear non-sense is driven by the old unhealthy dinosaurs that are soon to be shown the door, never seen Pita masked at least not in recent publicity, although six silly clot shots at his young age makes you think if he really is that smart. And if he, or his third cousin's wife have shares in a defunct mask company then who knows, in that event we could still be talking about covid next decade whilst the rest of the world will need to look it up on wikipedia or learn about it in history lessons.

Edited by farang9392

43 minutes ago, h90 said:

Yes that happens from time to time....it is tragic but we must continue living, we can't hide in fear forever and damage our immune system with that even more.

In Europe since month...maybe a year? No one...not even my 80 year old parents even remember the masks and here we force children?

I don't want to ban masks, and they may make sense for older people but not for children...they need to have a normal life, get in contact with viruses and need to learn from facial expressions. With the addiction to the mobile phones it is bad enough, we should not add masks to it.

And again....I am not advocating for not wearing masks in the hospital...I only mean schools and children.

The real tragedy here is the political/ideological interference in evidence-based medicine/science.

Edited by LosLobo

57 minutes ago, farang9392 said:

I hope so, Pita is young, most of the uniquely Thailand covid forever media fear non-sense is driven by the old unhealthy dinosaurs that are soon to be shown the door, never seen Pita masked at least not in recent publicity, although six silly clot shots at his young age makes you think if he really is that smart. And if he, or his third cousin's wife have shares in a defunct mask company then who knows, in that event we could still be talking about covid next decade whilst the rest of the world will need to look it up on wikipedia or learn about it in history lessons.

In several countries some young Prime Ministers were much harder than the old Dinos.....And 6 shots....that also seems like someone has a bit of a learning disabilities.....So I don't share your hope.

6 shots and 3 times covid....But I am sure the 7th will work.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The real tragedy here is the political/ideological interference in evidence-based medicine/science.

In several ways....medicine is not politics and it got total mixed up.....Doctors made politics and politicians decided what medicine works and what not and on top of it complete BS studies that are obviously biased from both sides and the people on facebook fought about them.....

But neither side looked at the reality...

Covid is not harmless...I know someone who died.....but Covid has not a death rate of 30% (as many people believed in a poll in New York).

The vaccine is not 94% efficient in preventing Covid. But also these people who said that the vaccinated will die in autumn 2021 still don't admit that they were wrong...

One side believed the mask will total protect them.....the other side claimed that from the CO2 in mask we'll get brain damage.

Masking up schoolchildren because Covid can be deadly for 80 year old is also such a case.

In this pandemic truly the common sense died