The share saga that threatens to end Thai hopes for a liberal prime minister

webfact

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister, and self-appointed "legal expert", Wissanu Krea-ngam is squawking about this share saga leading to a voiding of the entire election, and the need for a new election.

So there's that.

I don't think this will go well with the Thai people. Oh wait. perhaps not. Will the voters get paid 500 baht to vote again? If so they would not mind if they have an election every week.LOL

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bignok said:

Why didnt he sell the shares before the election?

Because apparently the company was bankrupt, or ceased operating - something like that - and who would be likely to buy shares in a defunct operation? I also heard that the shares were in his mother's name? Maybe somebody on here can shed more light on it?

1 minute ago, sambum said:

Because apparently the company was bankrupt, or ceased operating - something like that - and who would be likely to buy shares in a defunct operation? I also heard that the shares were in his mother's name? Maybe somebody on here can shed more light on it?

So the whole story is a big nothing. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, bignok said:

The buyer. Private shares are bought and sold all the time. Pre IPO private shares are how most get rich. An IPO is Initial Public Offering ie stock market listing. He could have just transferred ownership into a trust.

But not sold for a corporation that is out of business

• Like 1

The party had FOUR years to make sure they were whiter-than-white. They could have gone through every rule with a fine-tooth comb to ensure they were in compliance and there was nothing that could be used against them.

If they can't do that properly, they would be hopeless in government. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zapitapi said:

a true statement left alone.. but in context its wrong as the outflow is unusually high by foreign investors

Is it? What are the figures same time last year?

SET50 is up last 3 months 

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister, and self-appointed "legal expert", Wissanu Krea-ngam is squawking about this share saga leading to a voiding of the entire election, and the need for a new election.

So there's that.

They will want at least 3 months, more probably 6 or even a year, to set in place all the means possible to guarantee the correct result for the "right" people.

Wissanu will no doubt explain, the social, political and economic disruption caused by too precipitous a second election in too short a time span.

Isn't that the same ITV which used to be owned by a former Prime Minister on self imposed exile? If the brouhaha is about that ITV, then, something is probably wrong with whoever lodged the complaint against Pita because those in Thailand around when the station was taken over could easily remember how it all played out. 

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Is it? What are the figures same time last year?

SET50 is up last 3 months 

yes it is.. figures? if u really interested look them up... 

can u explain how if an index is up that automatically means the capital outfow isnt high? its like saying there is no inflation because my interest is higher.. means nothing tough in indirect correlation but still means nothing

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bignok said:

Why didnt he sell the shares before the election?

I believe he does not own the shares but is the administrator of a member of his families estate. This prevents him selling them until the estate is settled. So this shows doubt as to whether he is the owner or just the person in charge of the shares at this time.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zapitapi said:

yes it is.. figures? if u really interested look them up... 

can u explain how if an index is up that automatically means the capital outfow isnt high? its like saying there is no inflation because my interest is higher.. means nothing tough in indirect correlation but still means nothing

You made the claim. Where are the figures? The media lies all the time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zapitapi said:

can u explain how if an index is up that automatically means the capital outfow isnt high?

It means buying is stronger. SET50 has been going up and down in a range for several years.

1 minute ago, bignok said:

You made the claim. Where are the figures? The media lies all the time.

hahaahah i am in full agreement on the media part.. but the figures are the figures.. in terms of me doing ur job if u are really interested: no check for urself (pro tip ..check numbers where they are released not via media)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zapitapi said:

hahaahah i am in full agreement on the media part.. but the figures are the figures.. in terms of me doing ur job if u are really interested: no check for urself (pro tip ..check numbers where they are released not via media)

Link to figures??

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

After what happened to Thanathorn he was still dumb enough to have media shares worthless or otherwise he does not deserve the pm position. 

Sad but true... if he had these shares then it was a massive oversight and will cost him and the country dearly.

• Like 1