The share saga that threatens to end Thai hopes for a liberal prime minister

webfact

12 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Can they though?

Who would set the price?  

Like any private sale, the buyer and seller agree on a price. In this case, if they're essentially worthless he could have sold the lot to someone else for perhaps 1 baht, just to rid himself of them. It'd be a shame to see this technicality end up being his downfall.

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

I read that the company is no longer listed on the stock exchange, so does he really control shares?

A stock exchange is a convenience for the buying and selling of shares.

It doesn't create shares, nor does it destroy them by delisting them. It just means they won't facilitate the trading of them. They still exist.

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

Doubtful PT wants the election scrapped as MF will gain even more votes.

A revolution will be bad in the sense that there will be massacres of civilians. 

Students up against tanks and machine guns? Really? 

Best defence, quietly negotiate. I am sure the EC realize they are out of a job if they pursue the iTV case. 

STOP! Just stop with this revolution talk, that you and others have assured yourselves that's gonna take place. 

There won't be any such grand common rebellion as a collective - it's not in their nature. And they're not repressed anyway - why revolt? 

A handful [well....ok, more than a handful] of loyal activists protesting in the streets of BKK does not define a revolution.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

STOP! Just stop with this revolution talk, that you and others have assured yourselves that's gonna take place. 

There won't be any such grand common rebellion as a collective - it's not in their nature. And they're not repressed anyway - why revolt? 

A handful [well....ok, more than a handful] of loyal activists protesting in the streets of BKK does not define a revolution.

Spot on.

I would add ‘and paid supporters’

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

"A handful [well....ok, more than a handful] of loyal activists protesting in the streets of BKK does not define a revolution."

That's how it always starts......with a "handful".

Imagine you......being so blind.

Very disappointing.

Edited by Enoon

8 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Er, you do understand that i am against revolution and stated there is not going to be one because the military will win? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Denim said:

Wishful thinking. These elite do not mix much with the hoi pollie.  They all go to the same schools and are members of the same clubs etc.  More likely is that if any senators break rank and give Pita the thumbs up they will be ostracized by their peers and ' cancelled ' to use the voguish term.

Hopefully, if they were cancelled by dinosaurs, it would not matter much, as they are becoming less relevant, and more extinct by the minute. Times are a changing. Everything is different now. Hope is here. Progress is possible. The people have spoken. Defy their will at your own peril!

Edited by spidermike007

20 hours ago, Screaming said:

And you are taking a risk by posting this as you are inciting.

I am ok with that. And besides, how many Thais read this forum? It is largely ex-pats, and unfortunately we have to remain on the sidelines. If I could get more involved, I would. But, we all know the potential perils, as a foreigner.

On 6/8/2023 at 9:08 AM, sirineou said:

Thank you for that,correction, but excuse my ignorance in the terminology,  I am American and we have a different much supperior governing system :tongue:

But as appreciate the correction is , it does not answer my question 

Had Trump as your POTUS and say that its a superior system ......ROFLMAO ????????

On 6/8/2023 at 1:27 PM, RandolphGB said:

The party had FOUR years to make sure they were whiter-than-white. They could have gone through every rule with a fine-tooth comb to ensure they were in compliance and there was nothing that could be used against them.

If they can't do that properly, they would be hopeless in government. 

It’s a fair point.

As much as we are eager to get rid of the present incumbents, the next mob probably won’t be able to manage a fish supper either.

1 hour ago, steevjee said:

Had Trump as your POTUS and say that its a superior system ......ROFLMAO ????????

If you can stop laughing for a moment you can notice the tongue in cheek emoji after that statement.