The share saga that threatens to end Thai hopes for a liberal prime minister

webfact

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Both coup entities. As I've said before how to win when you lose. They must know what the consequences will be. The hatred for this mob of military elites was written on the ballet papers and be in no doubt that this hatred will be reflected on the streets. Problem is these buffoons have absolutely no consideration for the people only their own power and wealth. I have stated many times now and I will state once again. Revolution is on the doorstep of this country.

Edited by tandor
comment deleted.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

It means buying is stronger. SET50 has been going up and down in a range for several years.

the point was that foreign outflow is high.. has nothing to do how the SET is reacting.. its only an indirect correlation index can go up or down regardless of foreign capital..its a thai index

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Based on having been here for 20 plus years and 3 coups I think it is highly unlikely for the average Thais to rise up and contest who is in government, or who leads that goverment. Does not seem to be in their nature.

Things have changed very much indeed. The youth have risen and the average Thai as you say will join them. Do not underestimate the hatred the majority of Thai people have for this regime.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Both coup entities. As I've said before how to win when you lose. They must know what the consequences will be. The hatred for this mob of military elites was written on the ballet papers and be in no doubt that this hatred will be reflected on the streets. Problem is these buffoons have absolutely no consideration for the people only their own power and wealth. I have stated many times now and I will state once again. Revolution is on the doorstep of this country.

I doubt it, a few demonstrations perhaps but if the army stay in the barracks it will die down quick enough, only the French stay at it but even they get tired of it once they've wrecked enough and been ignored. This was almost an expected outcome, no surprise here, poor planning and a few aggressive statements regarding the elite before he was handed the scepter doesn't show competent leadership abilities, too much noise to catch the prey.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, bignok said:

Why didnt he sell the shares before the election?

Exactly. Not good PM material it Thai politics if he didnt see that coming. But good luck to him I hope gow gai can make it.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, kennw said:

Exactly. Not good PM material it Thai politics if he didnt see that coming. But good luck to him I hope gow gai can make it.

He could not sell something which is worthless

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

After what happened to Thanathorn he was still dumb enough to have media shares worthless or otherwise he does not deserve the pm position. 

A whiff of entitlement if you ask me. Either that or crass stupidity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Prayuth IS an outsider and has never stood for an election in his life. That is why the constitution was written the way that it was.

Simply to allow him to become the NON ELECTED PM.

2019 elections......

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Plus headlines today "A potential knockout blow..." (for Khun Pita).

Just more totally unsubstantiated headlines to keep this matter in the news. 

Boring repetitative reporting, not journalism.

The same could be said for the average American, German, French etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

FDI below. Looks like normal movement up and down. Media story bs as usual.

https://tradingeconomics.com/thailand/foreign-direct-investment

Screenshot_20230608-134715_Brave.jpg

"The Thai stock market now has the third-highest fund outflows in the world this year amid massive sell-offs following the election, according to brokerage firm Asia Plus Securities."

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/trading-investment/40028297

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

I think it was just dumb to hold on to these shares. Probably ill-advised by his legal team. 

Held via trust. He wouldn't have thought about it. Business hasnt held a media licence since 2007!

Don’t know why TV continues to run this story over and over ? Are they Uncle sympathisers ????

it’s very clear this is a stupid irrelevant technicality…

I hope the serial pest Leekitwattana meets his maker soon, I think it’s only a matter of time ????

6 hours ago, anchadian said:

What Pita stated on the 06 June:

“On March 16, 2007, the court assigned me the administrator of my father’s estate, with the ITV shares no longer having any economic value. In 2014, the ITV shares were delisted from the Stock Exchange of Thailand, so they can no longer be traded on the stock exchange. Since becoming a Member of Parliament, I have disclosed my assets and liabilities to the National Anti-Corruption Commission and have been extremely transparent in this matter.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2023/06/06/pita-fights-against-itvs-revival-already-transferred-shares/

OK, so in 2007 he was named administrator of his father's estate.  Unless I am missing something, probate should not have taken more than a year or two--it took about a year for my father's rather extensive estate to be organized and then go through probate in the US.  So, by 2009, or perhaps 2010 at the latest, I should think Pita's father's estate would have been distributed to the beneficiaries under the terms of his Will. 

If Pita was the beneficiary of these media shares, he had years to dispose of them.  Certainly, that should have been the very first thing he did after he witnessed what happened to Thanathorn with his media shares.  Like many, including my Thai partner, I find it inexplicable that he did not do so. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

After what happened to Thanathorn he was still dumb enough to have media shares worthless or otherwise he does not deserve the pm position. 

So true, this guy has a degree from Harvard, he should know better.