My Pinay girlfriend is wasting money

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Let's face it 99% of the ladies from SE Asia with a foreigners boyfriends are in for the money and a residency chances abroad thus bringing the rest of the family with them, and if it wasn't clear to you already, well, know you know.

What are a vast majority of older western men in SE for? A better life!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall ...........

Nobody said anything about destruction, just man up, and be a man with what you have to offer.

A good man I would add

54 minutes ago, saakura said:

What are a vast majority of older western men in SE for? A better life!

Most there for cheap ladies? Seems like it, and they expect them to be their servant and make their own money to

OP, maybe she wasting money - maybe not.

Does she live together with family and many siblings, maybe some baby too?

Mother is a housewife, father has a low income work?

Her mother would nag your "gf" almost every day, trust me on that.

As you already been kind generous, too kind, they think you have lots of money.

I have lived together with a family in philippines over a year, I seen how much they spend on just essentials, easily 25k++ if 8 people in the household. IF this sound similar to your "gf", she's not wasting your money. Her family do!  On essentials.

Red flag that she keep her friends hidden on FB..

I would ask for her fb password, or at least that she change her settigs, so friends become visible. If she decline this, you walk.

If you deside to continue send money each week @2,500  that she Has To manage on for a week.

Make clear that there will not be additional transfers.

Been there, done that, I would only send 5k per month. 

You known her for 2 years, but only spend a few months together ...

More than likely that she has other suitors. You don't really have a gf, you are only her "guest".

Now, if she live alone, rent for bed-spacer room are less than 1k.

Does she work? Although extreme unemployment, work can be found, but monthly salary as low as 3k. When other pinays survive on 3k alone in survival mode, your "gf" say she need nore than 10k monthly, I also agree that she likely up to no good, just milking you - IF she live alone. She's wasting your money.

If it was me, I would walk away. Philippines most be the easiest country to find a real gf, but if you don't stay together with her, don't expect to be her only one,  Mahal.

Next time when you find a new gf, buy some piglets as this is a very easy good income for the family, everyone love Lechon. Alternative a small sari-sari store at their home, smaller earnings but still.

21 hours ago, jts-khorat said:

Another cliche on the heap: "but mine is different"!

Good luck to you sir, to manage to find the sole unicorn in the magic forest.

There are loads of them if you look further in life than the girly bars and Go Go's

1 hour ago, Shop mak said:

OP, maybe she wasting money - maybe not.

Does she live together with family and many siblings, maybe some baby too?

Mother is a housewife, father has a low income work?

Her mother would nag your "gf" almost every day, trust me on that.

As you already been kind generous, too kind, they think you have lots of money.

I have lived together with a family in philippines over a year, I seen how much they spend on just essentials, easily 25k++ if 8 people in the household. IF this sound similar to your "gf", she's not wasting your money. Her family do!  On essentials.

Red flag that she keep her friends hidden on FB..

I would ask for her fb password, or at least that she change her settigs, so friends become visible. If she decline this, you walk.

If you deside to continue send money each week @2,500  that she Has To manage on for a week.

Make clear that there will not be additional transfers.

Been there, done that, I would only send 5k per month. 

You known her for 2 years, but only spend a few months together ...

More than likely that she has other suitors. You don't really have a gf, you are only her "guest".

Now, if she live alone, rent for bed-spacer room are less than 1k.

Does she work? Although extreme unemployment, work can be found, but monthly salary as low as 3k. When other pinays survive on 3k alone in survival mode, your "gf" say she need nore than 10k monthly, I also agree that she likely up to no good, just milking you - IF she live alone. She's wasting your money.

If it was me, I would walk away. Philippines most be the easiest country to find a real gf, but if you don't stay together with her, don't expect to be her only one,  Mahal.

Next time when you find a new gf, buy some piglets as this is a very easy good income for the family, everyone love Lechon. Alternative a small sari-sari store at their home, smaller earnings but still.

How to waste 6000,- in one month?

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

There are loads of them if you look further in life than the girly bars and Go Go's

Bragging about the 'difference' on an anonymous message board, mentioning really specific details, raises red flags right away (usually it is, how much money the girl supposedly earns, here it is that she has a degree -- details not even remotely relevant to the discussion).

That is not to say that there are not good girls to be found; as in: "some of my best friends are good girls". Displaying visible "owners' pride" about them just looks wrong to me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jts-khorat said:

Bragging about the 'difference' on an anonymous message board, mentioning really specific details, raises red flags right away (usually it is, how much money the girl supposedly earns, here it is that she has a degree -- details not even remotely relevant to the discussion).

That is not to say that there are not good girls to be found; as in: "some of my best friends are good girls". Displaying visible "owners' pride" about them just looks wrong to me.

"owners pride"

What are you on about. i don't own my wife.

• Confused 2

On 6/8/2023 at 10:18 AM, freedomnow said:

Speak for yourself.

Mine has a masters and supports herself.

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

"owners pride"

What are you on about. i don't own my wife.

Interesting @FritsSikkink, that you feel like I talked to you; some real loud protesting going on...

But my original answer was very clearly to the post of @freedomnow above.

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2023 at 6:18 PM, freedomnow said:

Speak for yourself.

Mine has a masters and supports herself.

If I had 1000 baht for every poster on ASEAN/TV who has made this claim, I'd be driving a new 7-series Beemer by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

If I had 1000 baht for every poster on ASEAN/TV who has made this claim, I'd be driving a new 7-series Beemer by now.

Yes, well mine does....so go buy your car.

Being a part of the pick-up community in another Asian country back in day set my head straight..thank you very much.

What is cost of gaming a chick off the street in your area into bed for 1-night...? Zero.

I don't need to pay whores or that tier of females. Never have - maybe when I hit 10 years later I might but I'm under 50 and have never had issues dating chix.

There just happens to be a pervasive chump club in Thailand that seems to think you do need to p4p in some aspect - and its the only way...

Your basically faceless to me. Try factoring in age/looks and dating skills into your commentary. Majority of long-termers here are 50+ retirees. Not me.

Cue Batman "This one is different" p4p chump club meme gif...

Edited by freedomnow

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Yes, well mine does....so go buy your car.

Being a part of the pick-up community in another Asian country back in day set my head straight..thank you very much.

What is cost of gaming a chick off the street in your area into bed for 1-night...? Zero.

I don't need to pay whores or that tier of females. Never have - maybe when I hit 10 years later I might but I'm under 50 and have never had issues dating chix.

There just happens to be a pervasive chump club in Thailand that seems to think you do need to p4p in some aspect - and its the only way...

Your basically faceless to me. Try factoring in age/looks and dating skills into your commentary. Majority of long-termers here are 50+ retirees. Not me.

Cue Batman "This one is different" p4p chump club meme gif...

You are faceless to me too. The problem with anonymity: one can make any claims on this and other social media. They may be true, or completely false. Hence my scepticism.

I can accept there are plenty of non-p4p women in Thailand - caddies, nurses, teachers etc. However, claims a woman is self-funding in a relationship is a bridge too far for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/8/2023 at 2:00 PM, Jaycomet said:

5 months in the Philippines(2 trips) and around 2 years online

i don’t know how many foreigner friends she has on Facebook as I can’t view it due to her profile settings being private 

Lord have mercy brother.

Here you go:

1. Register a new counterfeit FB account complete with actual photo of a decent looking guy with a well rounded out profile. Don't make it obvious it is you. Same hometown, phone #, anything. A completely anonymous and separate FB profile.

Install on a separate device altogether if you are not PC savvy.

-OR-

2. Ask someone to use their FB

Contact your sig other in PI via one of these 2 methods and see how she plays it.

Stay calm as doing this can create an "Aha! gotcha b++++" moment.

3. Option 3: go and visit her and install spyware on her phone or just ask her to hand over her phone for inspection lol. If she won't show you her phone then she be cheating you.

I can help you if you like. I have no need of a pinay btw. or have someone you know at home do it ????

good luck

Hope for the best but expect the worst.

5 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Amazing how we've been socially engineered to think this way.

Amazing how we socially have been engineered not to think like that! 

I take care of her, she take care of me, and if we had children? 

Anyway, many reasons for why doing it, and not, not more complicated than we all have different needs.

As long Im the only one making money, she take care of the farm and home, and since she is not working we have tome together also for travelling whenever I can travel. 

Edited by Hummin

8 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

In what way does she support herself?

Oh god, I can't be bothered with this thread...

It's kind of self-explantory isn't it ?

How do you support yourself...?

By working and then with your own money.

Title really should have been "I'm wasting my money giving it to someone I have no trust in", that's your starting point, once you get that you can reconsider how to address that. Putting the blame on her for wasting money should not be your starting point.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/16/2023 at 5:25 PM, freedomnow said:

Oh god, I can't be bothered with this thread...

It's kind of self-explantory isn't it ?

How do you support yourself...?

By working and then with your own money.

Well, everyone's situation is different.

As a single parent, I support myself and my kid. 

In the past, I supported my EX too.

If she was working, she had her own pocket money, but it never crossed her mind to contribute to the household or her children.

I suppose that's what I'm getting at: a lot of guys say their wife supports herself, but really they mean she just earns her own pocket money and wouldn't be responsible enough to pay some bills or rent.

• 3 months later...
On 6/8/2023 at 3:22 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Filipinas are all about coming to the US. I'd bet every lady in PI has a friend or relative in Calif. One nice thing about Thailand is the ladies are content at home.

Rubbish....plenty want to get out.