Unlimited SIM cards

I have a sim card with a package that has unlimited internet. I chose the speed I wanted but other speeds are available. Slower speeds are cheaper, faster speeds are more expensive. I use AIS. I pay 1800 baht for 6 months at 6Mbps download speed. I don't know what the upload speed is. It is pre-paid/Pay as you go. 

Here's what's available from the 'myAIS' app. 

AIS packages.jpg

Edited by asf6

I don't know about the situation in other places of Thailand, but in Korat, most of the DTac outlets have been closed and their website refers to True for all their SIM Cards.
Most likely, the DTac sim cards will be pulled out of the market and will be merged with TRUE. 

• Like 1

I bought a 1 year unlimited download 30Mbs dTac SIM for approx 1.500 THB, and download speed in my area is close to that 30 Mbps. You can only get those SIMs at Lazada or Shopee. My previous one stopped working after 10.5 month, but for that value I am not complaining.  Only drawback is that you after that 1 year you can only top up again with the much more expensive dTac subscription options.  Of course you can also simply buy a new one but it will have a different number, but if you have a separate SIM for calls you don't face the inconvenience of having to contact everybody that you have a new number.

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

but if you have a separate SIM for calls you don't face the inconvenience of having to contact everybody that you have a new number.

I have a separate SIM-Card since 15 years which is only for phone-calls and SMS (3G).
The unlimited SIM Card would be used in a separate GSM and used only for Internet browsing. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, patman30 said:

1400 baht AIS bought on lazada
1 year, 70GB/month (slower after 70GB)

111222.png

Many answers here are NOT really "Unlimited".

They are LIMITED to a certain amount of GigaBytes, and once reached that amount they go to a slow pace of a few Mb/Sec.

70Gb may seem a lot, but I did a simple test, reading ASEANNOW for about 30 minutes and 5GB was downloaded on advertising movies and photo's.
So, if you spend 30 minutes each day to only read the AseanNow, your package will not last a month.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Many answers here are NOT really "Unlimited".

They are LIMITED to a certain amount of GigaBytes, and once reached that amount they go to a slow pace of a few Mb/Sec.

70Gb may seem a lot, but I did a simple test, reading ASEANNOW for about 30 minutes and 5GB was downloaded on advertising movies and photo's.
So, if you spend 30 minutes each day to only read the AseanNow, your package will not last a month.

although this is my backup connection, i have been on it for 2 months, absolutely fine, and thats using it for my mobile too

not sure how you think ads take 5GB in 30 mins
sounds off to me, how did you measure this?
you can use ad blockers etc like the rest of us
the speed will drop after the 70GB is used, which equals unlimited.
obviously these are not for heavy surfing or streaming
for that you get fiber installed

Edited by patman30

40 minutes ago, patman30 said:

although this is my backup connection, i have been on it for 2 months, absolutely fine, and thats using it for my mobile too

A limited amount of fast data, slowing down to unusable, means it’s limited, no matter how you try to spin it. 
Unlimited refers to capped speed and non-capped speed plans that don’t slow down after a volume of data is utilised. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, patman30 said:

WINDOWS may be your friend ...

Clipboard02.jpg

10 minutes ago, asf6 said:

^ I use a different browser. My browser does not allow ads or annoying pop-up videos. 

Which browser do you use?

Can you use it in a mobile?

I haven't tested it yet, but many sites refuse to load if there is an ad-bloc active.

Let's ask a moderator if this is true for this forum.

6 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I haven't tested it yet, but many sites refuse to load if there is an ad-bloc active.

Well, I don't want to break forum rules by posting how to get round the ads on the forum so I won't post the name of the browser but it is a well-known browser that's easily available for computers and mobile devices. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I have a dtac 30mb unlimited sim similar to the one mentioned above. When I was using it for streaming, etc my monthly usage was over 300GB with no throttling. 

30 MB seems to be very low to me.

Typing error maybe?

1 hour ago, NextG said:

A limited amount of fast data, slowing down to unusable, means it’s limited, no matter how you try to spin it. 
Unlimited refers to capped speed and non-capped speed plans that don’t slow down after a volume of data is utilised. 

AGAIN
i never used the word "unlimited"
and even then you are wrong
the connection is "unlimited", only the speed is throttled after x use

please do show me where i stated otherwise in the comment below

22 hours ago, patman30 said:

1400 baht AIS bought on lazada
1 year, 70GB/month (slower after 70GB)

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

I have a dtac 30mb unlimited sim similar to the one mentioned above. When I was using it for streaming, etc my monthly usage was over 300GB with no throttling. 

what speeds are you getting on speedtest?
i see a lot of these, maybe providers have been told to advertise actual expected speeds....?
saying this for streaming you only need the connection to be fast enough for you to watch, that speed would probably be about right, faster speeds dont play the movies any quicker lol
this is same for CCTV hard drives, they throttle the speed early as they know max transfer speed is not needed for CCTV

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Try Brave

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

WINDOWS may be your friend ...

you are using a lot more than myself
i have done about 15GB total since start of month
and 3.3GB of that was downloading something just now

Edited by patman30

Did anyone tried this sim?

UNLIMITED

But only for 6 social media applications  (Facebook, Line, etc.).

Social 4G+ SIM: Prepaid SIM from TrueMove H

SIM for Social People. Enjoy 6 social apps with unlimited data.

22 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Can you provide a little bit more information about the card?
Type?
Link?

I have one of these also

5g operates at 4g+

Similar speeds

Model Net Marathon 5g 70 gb/m

Browser Opera Mini

IMG_20230609_185054.jpg

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, patman30 said:

he speed will drop after the 70GB is used, which equals unlimited.

Did someone use your fingers without your knowledge?

Looks as if you wrote “unlimited”. You wrote it in arguing against someone who stated that your description of an unlimited plan(usable to unusable) is in fact, limited. 
So yes, you wrote unlimited and we say it’s misleading and incorrect.