Unlimited SIM cards

18 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

2mbps won't get you streaming movies 

10 Mbps is more likely..

Not everyone understands these things. They are happy enough that it’s unlimited and that it works for them. 

Edited by NextG
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Why wouldn't people be happy with a net access plan that is cheap, unlimited, and does everything that they want and need?

When I first started looking at a sim router solution I didn’t really expect it work as well as it has. I have the option of installing fiber but what more would it get me? Much much faster speed numbers that it turns out I have no use for?

If everything works fine for them, then no need to change or be a nerd.

But when a package doesn't meet your expectations after you spend money on it, it can be frustrating.

So better be informed before chosing a sim card that should meet your expectations.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

If everything works fine for them, then no need to change or be a nerd.

But when a package doesn't meet your expectations after you spend money on it, it can be frustrating.

So better be informed before chosing a sim card that should meet your expectations.

Can always try Meteor for what services are available in your area.

Screenshot_20230709_160805.jpg

Screenshot_20230709_161056.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

So only AIS in your area? ????

Today AIS is depicted as strongest signal and from a DTAC node.

The previous shot is from a TRUE node.

My previous sim was DTAC ,

Poor signal from DTAC node and would sometimes fall back to AIS 

Screenshot_20230710_130811.jpg

3 hours ago, norbra said:

Today AIS is depicted as strongest signal and from a DTAC node.

The previous shot is from a TRUE node.

My previous sim was DTAC ,

Poor signal from DTAC node and would sometimes fall back to AIS 

Screenshot_20230710_130811.jpg

I have no idea as to what you are writing. DTAC node? Do you mean a DTAC SIM?

Using a DTAC SIM the application indicates that AIS has the strongest signal at that location?

Try to write in a manner that most will understand. What is a ‘node’ by your definition?

“Poor signal from DTAC node would sometimes fall back to AIS”? What does this mean? I have no idea. Does anyone else understand?

Edited by NextG
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

This is my plan and it's unlimited and not throttled.  I know because my last plan was. It's a micro sim if that matters

Screenshot_2023-07-10-13-30-01-623_com.ais.mimo.eservice-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-10-13-32-41-753_org.mozilla.firefox-edit.jpg

Erm… unlimited at 10 Mbps but you are posting a speed test of showing 60 Mbps ????

Try a test that will show you the real speed you can attain: https://testmy.net/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Screenshot_20230710_203538.thumb.jpg.a84c8989cf0421785a6add1032b2b345.jpg

3 hours ago, NextG said:

I have no idea as to what you are writing. DTAC node? Do you mean a DTAC SIM?

Using a DTAC SIM the application indicates that AIS has the strongest signal at that location?

Try to write in a manner that most will understand. What is a ‘node’ by your definition?

“Poor signal from DTAC node would sometimes fall back to AIS”? What does this mean? I have no idea. Does anyone else understand?

Ok maybe I should have used cell instead of node.

The cells I am connecting to are certainly not "towers."

See attached ss showing locations of AIS cells near my home

Screenshot_20230710_201120.jpg

Edited by norbra

• 6 months later...

This thread seems to focus itself mainly upon only three mobile operators (AIS, TRUE and NT)  of which two of them currently have relative large market shares. Thailand (NBTC) seeks to create four new MVNOs by 2026. That's sufficient reason for adding my Thai postpaid SIM card of redONE which applies theirs unlimited package (approx. 700 Baht per month), which hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread about Unlimited SIM cards. RedONE is currently one of the few Mobile Virtual Network Operators in Thailand. An apk of corresponding app is available for doing monthly payments online. Believe during their introduction in Thailand their postpaid packages were the cheapest one available...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jacnl2000 said:

This thread seems to focus itself mainly upon only three mobile operators (AIS, TRUE and NT)  of which two of them currently have relative large market shares. Thailand (NBTC) seeks to create four new MVNOs by 2026. That's sufficient reason for adding my Thai postpaid SIM card of redONE which applies theirs unlimited package (approx. 700 Baht per month), which hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread about Unlimited SIM cards. RedONE is currently one of the few Mobile Virtual Network Operators in Thailand. An apk of corresponding app is available for doing monthly payments online. Believe during their introduction in Thailand their postpaid packages were the cheapest one available...

Some speed tests via https://testmy.net/ with approximate location could be helpful. 
They are on LTE Band 1 & Band 40. TOT(Now NT) network.  Some idea of how you fare with coverage may also be helpful. 

17 hours ago, NextG said:

Some speed tests via https://testmy.net/ with approximate location could be helpful. 
They are on LTE Band 1 & Band 40. TOT(Now NT) network.  Some idea of how you fare with coverage may also be helpful. 

Performed a comparison test (see picture below) using a VPN server in Bangkok while actually being 'in the sticks' in Issan at approximately 40 km distance of Laos. Btw. the VPN server of Laos of ExpressVPN happens to be located in Khon Kaen. Strangely, speedtest outcomes show that network wise I'm closer located to Bangkok than Khon Kaen while being physically more close to Khon Kaen. Unless, of course, Laos has also a place named Khon Kaen, which I was not able to find yet, in Laos.

Please don't get upset by the numbers I found. I do not have the intention to startup a speedcontest. In relation to redONE following notions apply:

a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) is a wireless communications services provider that does not own the wireless network infrastructure over which it provides services to its customers. An MVNO enters into a business agreement with a mobile network operator (MNO) to obtain bulk access to network services at wholesale rates, then sets retail prices independently. Due to less overhead being more cheap. That's a well known fact. Hardware of Thailand MNOs and its speeds have already been discussed in this thread. However, generally, download speeds of a MVNO using a MNO are always lower or by exception at its best equal to the maximum speeds available of the network of the MNO applied In this case probably TOTs 3G and 4G. Thus far, personally, for my usage, regarding redONE, I do have no complaints yet here 'in the stcks' in Issan quite close to Laos. Coverage isn't a problem for me. Luckily for me those problems seem to belong to the past when we were forced to use large antennas here on our houses. Experienced no problem in capital city and province Sakon Nakhon and no problems in Udon Thani and no problems in-between. Number of towers of MNOs have increased rapidly during the last 10 years.

Speedtest with VPN server in Bangkok.png

5 hours ago, jacnl2000 said:

Performed a comparison test (see picture below) using a VPN server in Bangkok while actually being 'in the sticks' in Issan at approximately 40 km distance of Laos. Btw. the VPN server of Laos of ExpressVPN happens to be located in Khon Kaen. Strangely, speedtest outcomes show that network wise I'm closer located to Bangkok than Khon Kaen while being physically more close to Khon Kaen. Unless, of course, Laos has also a place named Khon Kaen, which I was not able to find yet, in Laos.

Please don't get upset by the numbers I found. I do not have the intention to startup a speedcontest. In relation to redONE following notions apply:

a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) is a wireless communications services provider that does not own the wireless network infrastructure over which it provides services to its customers. An MVNO enters into a business agreement with a mobile network operator (MNO) to obtain bulk access to network services at wholesale rates, then sets retail prices independently. Due to less overhead being more cheap. That's a well known fact. Hardware of Thailand MNOs and its speeds have already been discussed in this thread. However, generally, download speeds of a MVNO using a MNO are always lower or by exception at its best equal to the maximum speeds available of the network of the MNO applied In this case probably TOTs 3G and 4G. Thus far, personally, for my usage, regarding redONE, I do have no complaints yet here 'in the stcks' in Issan quite close to Laos. Coverage isn't a problem for me. Luckily for me those problems seem to belong to the past when we were forced to use large antennas here on our houses. Experienced no problem in capital city and province Sakon Nakhon and no problems in Udon Thani and no problems in-between. Number of towers of MNOs have increased rapidly during the last 10 years.

Speedtest with VPN server in Bangkok.png

Thanks. How about utilising https://testmy.net/ as requested?

Why are you utilising a VPN server? That doesn’t replicate being in Bangkok. 
If you please, just a naked speed test utilising Test My.