Trump says he's been indicted in classified docs probe

Scott

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If the documents were declassified , wouldn't that make him not guilty of retaining classified document ?

He's not been indicted for whether they are classified or not, how can he be found not guilty if the indictment is not for this?

Charges include false statements and conspiracy to obstruct. All charges are related to retaining documents and obstructing justice, at least one charge related to the Espionage Act, "several obstruction-based type charges, and then false statement charges.

Did you read up on the presidential records act?

Did you read the first link in the OP?

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Trump first claimed that the FBI planted classified documents in his BR. 

Can you provide a link to support that claim ?

(BTW , Trumps lawyer stating that  she was concerned about the FBI planting evidence is not an accusation by Trump that the FBI planted classified documents )

So, can you back up your claim ?

(And BTW again, Trump saying that the FBI put the documents on the floor showing they were not properly kept in a safe environment , isn't showing that Trump claims that the FBI planed the documents .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I did not say that I knew what offences he has been charged with, I said that others committing the same offences that he has been indicted for should be treated in the exact same way. 

How do you know, you don’t know what he’s been indicted for?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Can you provide a link to support that claim ?

(BTW , Trumps lawyer stating that  she was concerned about the FBI planting evidence is not an accusation by Trump that the FBI planted classified documents )

(And BTW again, Trump saying that the FBI put the documents on the floor showing they were not properly kept in a safe environment , isn't showing that Trump claims that the FBI planed the documents .

Did Trump’s lawyer back up her claim?

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are you for real or just trolling the OP.  Do read the OP to understand the significance of the OP and what it entails as far as the posts being made.

8 years of hating on Trump. Who knows what happens next. 

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have only been viewing from afar and may not be fully informed .

Could you tell me what other documents are in question ?

What were other other documents taken from the Mar le go ?

Were they potentially personal documents or were they highly sensitive  documents which could have been used mischievously ?

You have to be joking or seriously deficient in the grey matter department to post this, especially after all of the pro trump nonsense you have been posting...........get real and try to understand what is going on, but then again maybe too difficult for you. Get a life.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

.only if it applies to the others that committed the exact same offences.

Who are you implying it applies to?

And what "exact same offences."

"Who are you implying it applies to?"

I can't say...read the first few posts on this thread, I don't need a holiday right now.

"And what "exact same offences.""

Whatever Mr Trump has been indicted for, those offences, the same ones, the same rules should apply to everyone for the same offences, whatever they are.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

You have to be joking or seriously deficient in the grey matter department to post this, especially after all of the pro trump nonsense you have been posting...........get real and try to understand what is going on, but then again maybe too difficult for you. Get a life.

Can we stick to the subject and leave the personal abuse out of it ?

Thanks 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Am I missing something ?

If Trump has been charged with making false statements saying he handed over all the requested classified documents and he's been charged with obstructing the FBI from doing their work .

If its found that there were no classified documents , wouldn't that make Trump not guilty of all charges ?

You keep ignoring the fact (which has been pointed out to you multiple times already) that since none of the charges relate to the documents being classified, it makes not a single iota of difference, whether they were classified or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Sorry, can't name them, apparently that would be considered derailing, deflecting and off-topic, so you'll just have to use your imagination.

I did and came up with nobodies name.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Don’t feed the troll comes to mind it’s been explained over and over again come Tuesday we should know what he’s charged with

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I haven't ignored that and I have replied previously to that point 

It makes ALL the difference whether the documents were classified or not .

If the documents were not classified, then Trump has no obligation to hand them over to anyone .

If the letters between  him and NK Kim were his  own personal property , then its no business of the FBI's 

Your first point is as previously explained simply not true. You can't take away documents from the governments possession nilly willy. Doesn't matter if classified or not.

Why are you claiming the documents were personal letters to the leader of North Korea? That's absurd.

• Thumbs Up 1

"...a good day for the rule of law!"

...only if it applies to the others that committed the exact same offences.

I don't buy that.

If in previous cases offenders weren't caught or caught and not prosecuted that doesn't mean that a current offender should not be charged.

A question to all: Imagine If your wife, child, mother was murdered;

- Would you accept the cops saying 'we have the murderer but we can't charge him/her because other murderers have been identified but never charged?'

The real bottom line is that cases where proven offenders went free of any charges then the cases should be reopened and appropriate faie action taken and the cops who didn't carryout their duties severely punished.

In the meantime someone caught just recently with very strong evidence of guilt should

be prosecuted and the case properly continued. 

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Trump personally made the claim that he de classified all the documents .

Has the tape been verified as it being genuine and does it actually exist ?

Is it a genuine tape ar yet another "someone told me about it" report ?

“I determined that the materials in that binder should be declassified to the maximum extent possible”.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-declassification-certain-materials-related-fbis-crossfire-hurricane-investigation/

https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/DCPD-202100044

Its in the courts hands now .

There is no denying while POTUS,that he declassified docs.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1