Trump says he's been indicted in classified docs probe

Scott

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm just stating the obvious. Posting a pic of boxes means nothing. If this can get him out of the 24 race, roast him I don't care. Posting the obvious doesn't make me MAGA. 

The obvious is that you failed to click the link that accompanied that pic and would have told you the context.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Far from done, half of the US can see the false claims. 

What the latest polling says about Trump's classified documents indictment

Meanwhile, 63% of Americans, called "taking highly classified documents from the White House and obstructing efforts to retrieve them" a serious crime.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/latest-polling-says-trumps-classified-documents-indictment-rcna87478

Given the release of so much new damning evidence, it's hard to believe that Americans will now be more likely believe that the prosecution of Trump in the Mar a Lago case is unfair.

• Like 2

Trump-appointed judge in documents case had key decision reversed

June 9 (Reuters) - Aileen Cannon, the Florida judge initially assigned to oversee Donald Trump's classified documents case, made headlines last year when she decided in favor of the former U.S. president at a pivotal stage of the case and was later reversed on appeal.

After federal agents searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence last year in Palm Beach, Florida as part of their probe, Cannon was thrust into the spotlight when Trump's lawyers asked her to halt the FBI's review of records.

Cannon agreed with Trump's lawyers that the FBI should not review the records until an independent third party scrutinized them for materials that could be covered by attorney-client privilege or executive privilege, legal doctrines that might shield some documents from disclosure.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/summons-indicates-trump-appointed-judge-will-initially-oversee-documents-case-2023-06-09

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

A decision that met the judicial equivalent of being laughed out of court when the three member panel of judges, including two very conservative ones, her decision decisively and quite harshly.

So let's just say Judge Cannon would likely not be SC Jack Smith's first choice to hear the (at least preliminary) case.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Lie after lie after lie, lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit.

I know how many more Trump lies will the world be subjected to after this indictment and the next few which will be coming sooner rather than later.  How many lawyers has he lost so far?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So let's just say Judge Cannon would likely not be SC Jack Smith's first choice to hear the (at least preliminary) case.

I suggest Trump's POTUS run is only to escape legal jeopardy.

Otherwise he  would have been satisfied with his grift from donors/supporters and his past POTUS position.

His playbook has always been to seek delay in any court action.

Although Jack Smith is seeking a 'speed trial' and Florida has a 'rocket docket' policy,  I would suggest Judge Cannon based on her past performance, may grant Trump a stay until at least the GOP Primaries. next year.

Then Trump, as it is DOJ policy not to prosecute candidates during elections, he may get to election day where he thinks he may find a way to run out the clock.

Edited by LosLobo

6 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I suggest Trump's POTUS run is only to escape legal jeopardy.

Otherwise he  would have been satisfied with his grift from donors/supporters and his past POTUS position.

His playbook has always been to seek delay in any court action.

Although Jack Smith is seeking a 'speed trial' and Florida has a 'rocket docket' policy,  I would suggest Judge Cannon based on her past performance, may grant Trump a stay until at least the GOP Primaries. next year.

Then Trump, as it is DOJ policy not to prosecute candidates during elections, he may get to election day where he thinks he may find a way to run out the clock.

Yes that's clearly why trump is running.

The sad part is that it may work. 

If these trials get delayed into the heat of the general election season (assuming trump is nominated) I reckon they will be forced to delay them until the election as they don't want to be accused of trying to influence it.

I say trials plural because more very serious indictments are coming.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No, this is just your opinion. Trump really wants to make the US better and many people want him to do exactly that.

He'd level up the playing field militarily with the US's enemies by handing over the secrets.

I wonder if he will have to surrender his passport? There is still at least one missing document for a start. He has to be a flight risk.

Edited by ozimoron

9 hours ago, riclag said:

“I determined that the materials in that binder should be declassified to the maximum extent possible”.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-declassification-certain-materials-related-fbis-crossfire-hurricane-investigation/

https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/DCPD-202100044

Its in the courts hands now .

There is no denying while POTUS,that he declassified docs.

Aside from the fact that stealing government documents is a crime whether they are classified or not, the subject of your link is:  "Declassification of Certain Materials Related to the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation".  Classified relating to many other subjects were found at Mar-a-Lago.

• Like 1