Trump says he's been indicted in classified docs probe

Scott

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Wow, now we have to imagine images.

Who knows,the United States wasent represented when he had his chat with that criminal putin in helinsky then he’s statement who could forget that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trump should have kept the docs next to his corvette in the garage. Oh wait.....

Oh wait old Donnie still likes show and tell so he can brag to his pals I pray that’s as far as it went and he didn’t sell the information humm……..

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I read one article that said interesting enough all of their reactions by current Republicans are all political and not one reacted that Trump did anything wrong.

That being said Fox' legal expert response is quite different:

Fox News' top legal commentator says the indictment against Trump is 'extremely damning'

Fox News Legal Commentator Calls Trump Indictment 'Extremely Damning' (businessinsider.com)

24 hours is a long time in politics. I think it will be a different kettle of fish today when they see the extent of the charges and the potential crimes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

24 hours is a long time in politics. I think it will be a different kettle of fish today when they see the extent of the charges and the potential crimes. 

I’m sure many republican lawmakers are privately rejoicing but they are terrified of their constituents and will play along for now hopefully that changes soon 

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Can you provide a link to support that claim ?

(BTW , Trumps lawyer stating that  she was concerned about the FBI planting evidence is not an accusation by Trump that the FBI planted classified documents )

So, can you back up your claim ?

(And BTW again, Trump saying that the FBI put the documents on the floor showing they were not properly kept in a safe environment , isn't showing that Trump claims that the FBI planed the documents .

So, can you back up your claim ?

"Donald Trump has made fresh claims that the FBI planted evidence in the August 8 search of his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida – an argument notably absent in legal filings by his attorneys. 

The former US president repeated the claim in a posting on his Truth Social network Thursday, after the Justice Department demanded that a federal judge reinstate access to hundreds on classified documents the FBI retrieved in its recent search of his Palm Beach residence...

“They leak, lie, plant fake evidence, allow the spying on my campaign, deceive the FISA Court, RAID and Break-Into my home, lose documents, and then they ask me, as the 45th President of the United States, to trust them. Look at the I.G. Reports on Comey, McCabe, and others."

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-returns-to-fbi-planted-evidence-accusation-in-wild-rant-after-doj-appealed-special-master-ruling/

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Are you referring to posters trying to keep a sense of perspective surrounding the classified documents - a President's authority to possess them vs a career politician and senator, whether under lock and key and security at MAL vs dumped in a garage rented by a degenerate junkie, length of time in possession etc etc? Doing so will allow a reasoned understanding of the situation.quid-pro-quo-with-trump-drop-charges-leaves-2024-race

No, the weren't kept under lock and key. In fact, as we now know, they were found in his bedroom, his bathroom, and the Mar a Lago ballroom.

Photos included in the federal indictment filed against Donald Trump show boxes allegedly containing classified documents stored in unusual locations — stacked on a ballroom stage and in a bathroom next to a shower and toilet at Mar-a-Lago, the former president's residence in Florida.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-indictment-pictures-photos-documents-boxes-mar-a-lago-bathroom/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

No, the weren't kept under lock and key. In fact, as we now know, they were found in his bedroom, his bathroom, and the Mar a Lago ballroom.

Photos included in the federal indictment filed against Donald Trump show boxes allegedly containing classified documents stored in unusual locations — stacked on a ballroom stage and in a bathroom next to a shower and toilet at Mar-a-Lago, the former president's residence in Florida.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-indictment-pictures-photos-documents-boxes-mar-a-lago-bathroom/

You would have thought the man would have built himself a large secure storage vault in the house protected and guarded like Fort Knox if he wanted to play the game he is playing now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

Trump revealed highly classified info to Russians during White House visit: report

" Trump relayed information that came from a US partner through an “intelligence-sharing” deal so sensitive that details had been withheld from America’s allies and were even kept under wraps within most of the US government, the Washington Post reported.

The partner had not given the US the OK to share the material with Russia, and the officials said that Trump risked losing the cooperation of an ally that had deep access to ISIS strategies.

After Trump’s Oval Office meeting — from which the US press was barred, though a Russian photographer was allowed — senior administration officials scrambled to minimize the damage, frantically calling the CIA and National Security Agency to give them the heads up."

https://nypost.com/2017/05/15/trump-revealed-highly-classified-info-to-russians-during-white-house-visit/

I read through the indictment and some of the charges look solid.  A new name popped up:  Nauta.  The conspiracy charge(s) look solid and showing classified information to non-cleared people also look solid.  

Edited by Pink Mist
Portions of the quote and Post have been edited