archery equipment wanted

Pouatchee

Hi

i am an ancient archer without a bow and arrows. i now have enough land to start shooting again. does anyone know, in the area of rayong, pataya, chonburi... where i can find an outfitter? I am looking, if possible, for a bow of at least 90 pull maximum. i would settle for an olympic style bow. 

i have enough connections  with machinists i could probably design the arrows myself. the bow...maybe too

i never see nor hear about archery in thailand. i know guns are easily available for any connected person, and i know .177 pellet guns are impossible to get. however, if anyone can guide me in the right direction nearby i would be willing to travel to re-equip myself. 

I found a couple of places selling archery equipment just using google, also there is a fairly large archery club in Pattaya, it my be worth contacting them to see if they can steer you to a decent supplier of kit... anyway good luck, and if you find any good suppliers do put a follow up on this forum with their contact details,

Cheers...

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

I found a couple of places selling archery equipment just using google, also there is a fairly large archery club in Pattaya, it my be worth contacting them to see if they can steer you to a decent supplier of kit... anyway good luck, and if you find any good suppliers do put a follow up on this forum with their contact details,

Cheers...

These clubs often have shops to sell all sorts of bows arrows and other equipment. Try "archery Thai" in Bangkok. My son decided he wanted to try archery and ended up buying equipment from them. He also ordered older style bows from overseas. Not too expensive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

archery is very popular in Thailand and my grandson is shooting regular tournements in Rayong, Chonbury , Lampang, Phrae. He is using imported bows as his trainer and club suggests that Thailand does not make bows.

check N.A.A.T. National archery association of Thailand, they will have clubs in your neighbourhood for a start in your search.

• Thanks 1

Dear all, thanks for all the help in pointing me in the many directions available. i have one question i forgot to ask. is it legal for foreigners to own a bow and some arrows. seeing how guns are illegal. 

https://shopee.co.th/30-70lbs-ธนู-Compound-Bow-ชุด-320fps-ขวามือ-Stabilizer-Bow-Sight-Bow-อุปกรณ์เสริมสำหรับล่าสัตว์กีฬากลางแจ้ง-i.476186705.13736523490?sp_atk=ad672d0f-f0ad-49b0-a364-5f8f2da63e60&xptdk=ad672d0f-f0ad-49b0-a364-5f8f2da63e60

this is what i am interested in. i shot olympic style in college, but later on i bought a pully later on and i fell in love with it

thanks all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Dear all, thanks for all the help in pointing me in the many directions available. i have one question i forgot to ask. is it legal for foreigners to own a bow and some arrows. seeing how guns are illegal. 

https://shopee.co.th/30-70lbs-ธนู-Compound-Bow-ชุด-320fps-ขวามือ-Stabilizer-Bow-Sight-Bow-อุปกรณ์เสริมสำหรับล่าสัตว์กีฬากลางแจ้ง-i.476186705.13736523490?sp_atk=ad672d0f-f0ad-49b0-a364-5f8f2da63e60&xptdk=ad672d0f-f0ad-49b0-a364-5f8f2da63e60

this is what i am interested in. i shot olympic style in college, but later on i bought a pully later on and i fell in love with it

thanks all

Not illegal for falangies to own.

Compound bows I found boring, an Olympic type bow or traditional English long bow requires skill.

Just saying.????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not illegal for falangies to own.

Compound bows I found boring, an Olympic type bow or traditional English long bow requires skill.

Just saying.????

a tad true :crazy: you have to be able to keep the bow drawn and deal with the psi's which i figure is about 30-40. i like the pully bow for the distance they can reach. in my opinion, any bow is cool... a great way to focus and relax. thanks for the reality check that they are not illegal

cheers

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

a tad true :crazy: you have to be able to keep the bow drawn and deal with the psi's which i figure is about 30-40. i like the pully bow for the distance they can reach. in my opinion, any bow is cool... a great way to focus and relax. thanks for the reality check that they are not illegal

cheers

Yeah difficult at moment for me taking up my archery as it so hot this time of year and I'm not an early riser these days.

My Cartel olympic bow is 80 lb pull and set up with a bow loop so I can trigger shoot same as a compound bow.

I have a target stand set up of 25 metre, 35 metres and 50 metres.

I enjoy archery and shooting my b.i.l. 2.2 rifle on my small bit of farmland.

Motorbike tours around tours is also one of my hobbies. 

Edited by Kwasaki

Are you able to rent equipment at these archery clubs and sort of have a try for 20 mins or so ? I have no experience in this at all but feel it would be something I would like. I went down the rabbit hole a while ago with ancient archery and was surprised to learn that their techniques were more draw the bow look at target and release. No real sighting just muscle memory I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, Kevin Taylor said:

ancient archery and was surprised to learn that their techniques were more draw the bow look at target and release. No real sighting just muscle memory I suppose. 

it has more or less evolved into an art form imho. archery is a beautiful sport and i stopped before things like trigger shooting, but i am eager to try the new tech available. not sure, buy i think they even have laser sights. some might say, if it exists, that it takes the S outta sport, but i would love to try it

18 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

sorry, i searched that but i dont know what it is. i know bb guns .177 are illegal for us to own (horse crap if you ask me). 80 lbs is a pretty heavy draw. 

Thai brother in law has a •22 air-rifle I should of wrote which shoot on my farmland where I set targets up to as far as 90 metres.

My archery target board is a permanent set up to, I just move to 3 set out distance positions 

35 metres is my favourite distance.

22 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thai brother in law has a •22 air-rifle I should of wrote which shoot on my farmland where I set targets up to as far as 90 metres.

My archery target board is a permanent set up to, I just move to 3 set out distance positions 

35 metres is my favourite distance.

it actually is as difficult to get an air gun , for a thai, as it is an actual gun. foreigners arent allowed to own them. i miss my .177 pellet gun. 

35 metres is a very good practice distance. not too close, not too far

nice set up

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah 35 metres I can get rusty when not taking up my archery so I am glad when I get all 10 or 15 arrows on the target board taking wind into account and concentration is quite relaxing.

i like your pvc arrow holders. will remember that when the time comes

12 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

nice set up

i like your pvc arrow holders. will remember that when the time comes

Just a note for you I have found the aftermarket arrow vanes that give a good flight the vanes that were put on the carbon arrows initially were not that good.

The ones that are plastic but look like real feathers are good, the ones that are one piece plastic shape are smaller and I found didn't give such and good accuracy flight.

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Just a note for you I have found the aftermarket arrow vanes that give a good flight the vanes that were put on the carbon arrows initially were not that good.

The ones that are plastic but look like real feathers are good, the ones that are one piece plastic shape are smaller and I found didn't give such and good accuracy flight.

was wondering bout that. what kind of glue do you use. in canada i had them changed at the shop that sold me my bow

17 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

was wondering bout that. what kind of glue do you use. in canada i had them changed at the shop that sold me my bow

I use super glue the elephant one ???? in 7-11.

Of course with use vanes come off and I keep packs of spare.

It is not easy but with practice I do place the vanes on my carbon arrows myself so they are properly in place and the arrows are exactly the same.

I make my own loops for the bow string so I can use my trigger release equipment which gives me more accuracy than using finger method.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

i am an ancient archer without a bow and arrows. i now have enough land to start shooting again. does anyone know, in the area of rayong, pataya, chonburi... where i can find an outfitter? I am looking, if possible, for a bow of at least 90 pull maximum.

Hi, Just saw your post. Used to shoot the longbow for 20 years; had to give it up now.

Would have high quality bows with arrows, and some arrow making equipment for sale. You can contact me by <<<< Email removed, please use PM function to contact >>>> 

Edited by metisdead
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2023 at 12:09 PM, Staffywolf said:

Hi, Just saw your post. Used to shoot the longbow for 20 years; had to give it up now.

Would have high quality bows with arrows, and some arrow making equipment for sale. You can contact me by <<<< Email removed, please use PM function to contact >>>> 

The thread has already given for archery info for Thailand.