Prospective PM Pita clears a hurdle… next the parliamentary vote

webfact

59 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I've decided MFP's only hope is to have Pita resign. That would clear all hurdles away. Basically, he's created this fiasco through his own political naivety. MFP still have PM candidates, and I think much of the opposition would melt away, senators would be appeased by the sacrifice, and they could form a government with the coalition as is. My 10 satangs worth.

MF only have one PM candidate, Pita 

13 minutes ago, bannork said:

MF only have one PM candidate, Pita 

I'm sure they could find one to replace him. People who think I am arguing against MFP's right to govern are wrong. I'm arguing that Pita and his team were ridiculously naive and negligent to imagine the opposition, in all its various manifestations, wouldn't seize on this. I'd say, whatever the outcome, the damage is done. They should have offloaded the shares years ago. I don't see there's any excuse. But I guess it's down to the courts to decide. I wouldn't have allowed them the opportunity, that's all.

Edited by bradiston

On 6/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, Olav Seglem said:

As said before, Thailand is quickly becoming  "banana kingdom" of the sivilized world.

And make this all by themselves ????

I thought Thailand already was a "Banana" Kingdom, or a Banana Republic. What's the difference?

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Yes. But did he own them? Were they his shares or his father's held in trust? It's just nit picking now. Mongrel losing, power hungry, filthy rich, absolute AH, minority once again. It worked last time but it will not work this time. If it does, however, as I have been saying for a long time this country will explode. 

Hopefully, a new era has dawned. 

After such gets a foothold, the cleansing of the fetid rot needs to be thorough......not just in rhetorical form.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 9:55 AM, Eric Loh said:

The EC vetted his eligibility in 2019 and in 2023 elections. He was the MP from 2019-2023 and the EC didn’t find the need to probe his qualification. Now EC want to investigate his eligibility. EC should be 

investigated for dereliction of duty in their vetting process. 

And they should be investigated for what is likely extreme corruption, and a total lack of much needed objectivity.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, bannork said:

Worth a read, but as I mentioned earlier, there are doubts the court will consider the case as the chance of proving him guilty is very slim 

But it gives Senators an excuse not to vote for him.

The falsely placed and appointed Senators?

Those Senators?

Disregarding any such reflective standard for a moral compass. 

22 hours ago, neeray said:

Your last sentence is the crux of the matter. ("The question remains: What will happen on the streets if it plays out like this?")

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Yes. But did he own them? Were they his shares or his father's held in trust? It's just nit picking now. Mongrel losing, power hungry, filthy rich, absolute AH, minority once again. It worked last time but it will not work this time. If it does, however, as I have been saying for a long time this country will explode. 

You have to really wonder whether there is an appetite for street violence. Thais do not seem particularly keen on fighting for change, especially when so much is stacked against them. The civil unrest of 2010 was brutally crushed. That protest and the overthrow of the Yingluck government were organised. Other methods, (strikes) would have a severe impact on the livelihoods of the poorest. The powers that be are weighing up their options, and are probably pretty sure they can get away with it again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, samtam said:

You have to really wonder whether there is an appetite for street violence. Thais do not seem particularly keen on fighting for change, especially when so much is stacked against them. The civil unrest of 2010 was brutally crushed. That protest and the overthrow of the Yingluck government were organised. Other methods, (strikes) would have a severe impact on the livelihoods of the poorest. The powers that be are weighing up their options, and are probably pretty sure they can get away with it again.

I don't see any signs of it. I think a compromise will be found that keeps everybody so so. As long as the overall result stands, there'll be peace. My prediction.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, samtam said:

Oh yeah. Rest assured that they are certain that they can regain systematic infrastructure they still cling to - and still influential within particular power circles. 

That's why the subliminal call for a cleanse and reshifting of the dominant paradigm is so vital. 

That being said - I believe that the greater percentage of everyday Thais are ok with things the way they are or once were. They know they're not that controlled nor repressed in broader circumstances and in comparative [worldwide] note. 

It is what it is.