Require someone reliable to trim 3 trees.

giddyup

Finding it difficult to find someone to just trim 3 trees at the front of our house on the Dark Side. Gardeners say they will come but then find excuses not to.  The trees are about 10m high and need a couple of metres trimmed so they don't hit power lines etc.

Can anyone recommend someone reliable?

We have two very large trees, one inside and one outside the wall, we contacted PEA who came along with a  crane and basket thing.

I think they did it on a weekend and suspect did it in their own time. 

They did a lousy job and were VERY expensive.

Sorry I am not much help am I?

I think wife has a number of the people we eventually used, I will ask her when she wakes up.........

Crane.jpg

• Thanks 1

Are the trees on your property?

Where I live, recently all trees that threaten to go into the electrical or internet wiring were cut. Maybe by orbotor, PEA or ISP's, but I guess they finally realized it is cost-effective to act preventative.

That is of course only those that are on public property.

Edited by BenStark

52 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Are the trees on your property?

Where I live, recently all trees that threaten to go into the electrical or internet wiring were cut. Maybe by orbotor, PEA or ISP's, but I guess they finally realized it is cost-effective to act preventative.

That is of course only those that are on public property.

No, on our property.

My gardener did a fair job on getting rid of a Banyan tree that threatened to tip my walls and take over. He brought a helper and a  chain saw. How he got rid of all the cuttings in his little 50 year old truck heaven knows. He left the stump but poisoned it... or it would be back. Cost me 2000 baht.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

My gardener did a fair job on getting rid of a Banyan tree that threatened to tip my walls and take over. He brought a helper and a  chain saw. How he got rid of all the cuttings in his little 50 year old truck heaven knows. He left the stump but poisoned it... or it would be back. Cost me 2000 baht.

And your gardener is located where?

You might want to consider breaking this job up into two jobs: (1) felling the tree and (2) cutting up the wood for sale and hauling away the debris.

For part (1) I would contact PEA. They have a vested interest in keeping the power lines clear and may even fell the tree for free. They are probably the most likely to have liability insurance as well if something goes wrong. At the very least, they may be able to steer you towards a tree feller or give you a guesstimate about how much it might cost.

For part (2) all you need to do is find someone with a chainsaw. Presumably, there is somewhere in your vicinity an operation which buys wood such as this. The guy with a chainsaw cutting the tree into manageable pieces will possibly do this for free in exchange for the wood, or a small fee plus the wood.

The debris may turn out to be the trickiest part. I have been cutting down scrub trees for months on end recently, and give the smaller limbs and branches away for free to local households for cooking firewood and charcoal making.

The remaining leaves and other debris leave a big mess. You can compost them, haul them to the dump (if there is one), or burn them if permitted.

Edited by Gecko123

11 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

You might want to consider breaking this job up into two jobs: (1) felling the tree and (2) cutting up the wood for sale and hauling away the debris.

For part (1) I would contact PEA. They have a vested interest in keeping the power lines clear and may even fell the tree for free. They are probably the most likely to have liability insurance as well if something goes wrong. At the very least, they may be able to steer you towards a tree feller or give you a guesstimate about how much it might cost.

For part (2) all you need to do is find someone with a chainsaw. Presumably, there is somewhere in your vicinity an operation which buys wood such as this. The guy with a chainsaw cutting the tree into manageable pieces will possibly do this for free in exchange for the wood, or a small fee plus the wood.

The debris may turn out to be the trickiest part. I have been cutting down scrub trees for months on end recently, and give the smaller limbs and branches away for free to local households for cooking firewood and charcoal making.

The remaining leaves and other debris leave a big mess. You can compost them, haul them to the dump (if there is one), or burn them if permitted.

Not cutting them down, trimming them. Most gardeners also dispose of branches themselves.