"Biden is trying to jail his leading political opponent"

Social Media

9 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

"Trump said that 'the ridiculous and baseless indictment… will go down as one the worst abuses of power on record.'

'This vicious persecution is a travesty of justice,' Trump insisted. 'You're watching Joe Biden [try] to jail his leading political opponent – an opponent that is beating him by a lot in the polls – just like they do in Stalin-ist Russia, or communist China. No different.'

'Our country has gone very bad. Just think of it – in three years.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12181341/Trump-attends-rally-Georgia-indicted.html

Seems I am an odd one out. I am about the only forum user here that just cannot comprehend how an ex President having some classified documents in safe storage while negotiating their return is the worst crime ever, while the senator and career politician that is persecuting his political opponent with a weaponized DOJ can have classified docs strewn around several unsecure locations including a house rented by his chummy with multiple foreign adversaries drug addict son and it is the GOLD STANDARD of good storage and certainly not a crime. I just don't buy it, sorry.

How can a President not have the power to see classified docs? How can a senator have more legal ability than a President to have classified documents at home? Why was Trump's classified document scandal dealt with by dozens of hysterical threads yet when it was known biden did the same an urgent message appeared stating it's absolutely normal for govt people to have classified docs at home no big deal? Is a vindictive 3rd world justice system used to attack political opponents really in the left's best interest after the euphoria wears off?

Seeing America hurtle toward civil war thanks to a broken justice system is heartbreaking but not in the least surprising. 

What about the theft of national secrets and showing them to people without a security clearance? Does that matter?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Just curious, is there any evidence that the well publicised photos of boxes of documents in the crapper and on the stage, or spilling onto the floor- any of those the "top secret" documents in the indictment? Or are they just photos of boxes that were stored haphazardly. 

No doubt Trump is a braggart and wanted to look like a big man by showing off to his friends.  Not sure if he will see jail time over it.  Problem is, that it would set a rather disturbing precedent for other Presidents and former presidents. 

"Mar-a-Lago Club was not an authorized location for the storage possession, review, display, or discussion of classified documents," the indictment reads. "Nevertheless, Trump stored his boxes containing classified documents in various locations at the Mar-a-Lago Club — including in a ballroom, a bathroom and shower, and office space, his bedroom, and a storage room." 

Trump stored classified documents in a shower at Mar-a-Lago, unsealed indictment shows (businessinsider.nl)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Just curious, is there any evidence that the well publicised photos of boxes of documents in the crapper and on the stage, or spilling onto the floor- any of those the "top secret" documents in the indictment? Or are they just photos of boxes that were stored haphazardly. 

No doubt Trump is a braggart and wanted to look like a big man by showing off to his friends.  Not sure if he will see jail time over it.  Problem is, that it would set a rather disturbing precedent for other Presidents and former presidents. 

Future deeply disturbed and deranged Presidents will have much to fear from this precedent.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, placeholder said:

"Mar-a-Lago Club was not an authorized location for the storage possession, review, display, or discussion of classified documents," the indictment reads. "Nevertheless, Trump stored his boxes containing classified documents in various locations at the Mar-a-Lago Club — including in a ballroom, a bathroom and shower, and office space, his bedroom, and a storage room." 

Trump stored classified documents in a shower at Mar-a-Lago, unsealed indictment shows (businessinsider.nl)

Thanks, I wasn't sure.  If they were classified, not a big deal. Stupid but not serious  Top secret, we have a problem.  I wonder at the policital end game though.  For the GOP, getting Trump out of the race is the best thing that could happen.  

27 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Thanks, I wasn't sure.  If they were classified, not a big deal. Stupid but not serious  Top secret, we have a problem.  I wonder at the policital end game though.  For the GOP, getting Trump out of the race is the best thing that could happen.  

Which is an argument against this prosecution being politically inspired.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 4:18 PM, SunnyinBangrak said:

"Trump said that 'the ridiculous and baseless indictment… will go down as one the worst abuses of power on record.'

'This vicious persecution is a travesty of justice,' Trump insisted. 'You're watching Joe Biden [try] to jail his leading political opponent – an opponent that is beating him by a lot in the polls – just like they do in Stalin-ist Russia, or communist China. No different.'

'Our country has gone very bad. Just think of it – in three years.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12181341/Trump-attends-rally-Georgia-indicted.html

Seems I am an odd one out. I am about the only forum user here that just cannot comprehend how an ex President having some classified documents in safe storage while negotiating their return is the worst crime ever, while the senator and career politician that is persecuting his political opponent with a weaponized DOJ can have classified docs strewn around several unsecure locations including a house rented by his chummy with multiple foreign adversaries drug addict son and it is the GOLD STANDARD of good storage and certainly not a crime. I just don't buy it, sorry.

How can a President not have the power to see classified docs? How can a senator have more legal ability than a President to have classified documents at home? Why was Trump's classified document scandal dealt with by dozens of hysterical threads yet when it was known biden did the same an urgent message appeared stating it's absolutely normal for govt people to have classified docs at home no big deal? Is a vindictive 3rd world justice system used to attack political opponents really in the left's best interest after the euphoria wears off?

Seeing America hurtle toward civil war thanks to a broken justice system is heartbreaking but not in the least surprising. 

Political persecution by biden doj/fbi and his numbers continued  to rise!!!!!!! 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/cbs-news-poll-most-see-security-risk-after-trump-indictment/

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Political persecution by biden doj/fbi and his numbers continued  to rise!!!!!!! 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/cbs-news-poll-most-see-security-risk-after-trump-indictment/

Not if you take the average from all polls, in fact its the opposite.

image.png.5d39e56c78d1780818565fbb2f800671.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/favorability/donald-trump/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Do you understand that the people CBS polled were republcians? And nowhere in the article did it say that Trump's numbers continue to rise.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

His party fully supports him and the two polls shows his lead has increased. Many in the GOP had claimed he has the nomination sewn up now after these indictments. File the likelihood he is "out" under "not likely to happen"

3 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

His party fully supports him and the two polls shows his lead has increased. Many in the GOP had claimed he has the nomination sewn up now after these indictments. File the likelihood he is "out" under "not likely to happen"

I agree but i would like to see a much younger man at the helm!