Thai woman shoots neighbour dead over door-kicking dispute, history of issues

webfact

image.jpeg

A heated dispute led to a shocking incident in Thailand‘s Nonthaburi province, where a 42 year old woman shot her 35 year old neighbour dead, allegedly over a door-kicking incident and a history of disagreements between the two.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sompol Wongsrisunthorn, deputy chief of Nonthaburi Provincial Police, was informed of the shooting at Eua Arthorn Bang Bua Thong housing complex. Upon investigation, the deceased was identified as Krisak, a 35 year old motorcycle taxi driver and general labourer. He was found with three gunshot wounds from a .38 calibre gun and a folding knife at his waist.

The alleged murderer, Sujitra, was found hiding inside her room with the firearm. After an hour of police negotiations, she surrendered and was taken into custody. During the search, more ammunition was discovered hidden in her wardrobe.

The investigation revealed that the deceased’s wife did not know the Sujitra personally but she had a history of conflict with others.

by Samantha Rose

Top Photo by Khaosod.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/woman-shoots-neighbour-over-door-kicking-dispute-history-of-issues

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If some armed (with a knife) guy started kicking my door in an attempt to enter my home, I'd feel completely justified in shooting and killing him.

Very macho, but the guy "armed with a knife" was actually wearing it folded at his waist, according to the report, and it is not stated that he attempted to enter. You may feel justified, but that wouldn't count for much in court and we would miss you on this forum.

• Haha 1

Lots of trigger happy Thais this week! 

I did a global comparison recently of gun crime after a particularly bloody week in the US, and was surprised to learn Thailand is about two slots below the USA on the global gun violence leaderboard. 

Also, in the 1970s there were sub-machine guns, among other hardware, for sale at Robinsons!

All that heat is still out there in some local psychos hands to this day!

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The investigation revealed that the deceased’s wife did not know the Sujitra personally but she had a history of conflict with others

Not clear. the killer had a history or the deceased. either way i rarely believe what others say when a crime is perpetrated.  people will always say negative and incriminating things after the fact. no one wants to bd blamed and often times the first to complain wins. it is not my duty to pass judgement here. the nitty gritty truth will likely never be revealed

On 6/12/2023 at 9:05 AM, webfact said:

a history of disagreements between the two.

The investigation revealed that the deceased’s wife did not know the Sujitra personally but she had a history of conflict with others.

How does a guy have a history of disagreements with his neighbour while his wife doesn't know her?

• Like 1