BREAKING NEWS: Burisma executive who allegedly paid Biden has audio recordings of conversations with Joe, Hunter, Sen. says

Social Media

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

How does the justice department under William Barr not pursuing this allegation about Joe Biden mean your assertion is correct?

Quit making things up. I did not say the justice department pursued it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

In other words all you've got is a claim that has already been vetted by the FBI special team created by William Barr and not pursued any further. You've got virtually nothing.

I haven't "GOT" anything.  Not claiming to either. Just speculation. As I said, let's wait until the evidence comes, if there is any.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

In other words, a sleazy way of tarring someone baselessly.

Like that never happens around here.... besides, Biden is ridiculously easy to tar. Almost feel guilty doing it. 

Almost. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Then on what basis are you claiming that you were right?

For one, based on you having agreed with me. Now you seem to be back-peddling,

I what basis are you (apparently) claiming I'm wrong? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As per my previous post, I'll wait till incontrovertible proof of this, so far whistle in the dark, comes out before condemning the man, but should it do so then I will condemn him.  However, wouldn't it be funny if the two main candidates for next year's presidential election are running their campaigns from the same prison cell?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

For one, based on you having agreed with me. Now you seem to be back-peddling,

I what basis are you (apparently) claiming I'm wrong? 

I've already told you. William Barr set up a special unit of the Justice Dept to vet all info that come from Ukraine. You think Barr and Co. wouldn't have investigated it already?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

So, Hunter is a grifter? I thought the laptop was Russian disinformation, no?

I don't recall ever saying that.  If I remember correctly, the FBI said it bore the earmarks of Russian disinformation, and I have no reason to doubt them.  Also, after all this time, I have no reason to believe that there was anything to incriminate President Biden on the laptop.  If there had it would have been acted upon by now.

Of course the right likes to take hyperbole to the point of outright lying.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Good for him. But while he was VP he may have been thinking about his future as a retired politician.   A quick five mil from some eastern European oligarch may have been tempting. Still, all speculation until the evidence comes. If it comes...

"Still, all speculation until the evidence comes. If it comes exists..."

With that small change I agree with the statement.

2 hours ago, candide said:

Why not introduce a few facts, for a change?

Thanks to the excellent timeline provided by Just Security, it may be noticed that:

- Hunter was recruited before the investigation into Burisma was opened

- before Shokin was appointed, as well as during his office, the Obama administration has been continuously complaining about Ukraine's prosecutor's burying the Burisma case instead of investigating it.

April 2014 – Hunter Biden joins Ukrainian firm Burisma

Aug. 5, 2014 – Ukraine investigation of Burisma

Ukrainian Prosecutor General Vitaly Yarema opens an investigation of Burisma owner Mykola Zlochevskiy on suspicion of “unlawful enrichment.”

Feb. 3, 2015 — Obama administration conveys harsh criticism of Ukraine Prosecutor General’s Office for its coverup of Zlochevskiy/Burisma

Kent, who had long pushed Ukrainian prosecutors for investigations into Zlochevskiy, “scolded” the deputy prosecutor for having “shut the criminal case”

Feb. 10, 2015  – Viktor Shokin takes office as Ukraine’s prosecutor general, replacing Yarema.

Sept. 24, 2015 – U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt excoriates officials in the Prosecutor General’s Office for stymying anti-corruption investigations, including those involving Burisma

Quote from his speech:

"For example, in the case of former Ecology Minister Mykola Zlochevskiy, the U.K. authorities had seized 23 million dollars in illicit assets that belonged to the Ukrainian people. Officials at the PGO’s office were asked by the U.K to send documents supporting the seizure.

Instead they sent letters to Zlochevskiy’s attorneys attesting that there was no case against him. As a result, the money was freed by the U.K. court and shortly thereafter the money was moved to Cyprus."

Dec. 8, 2015 – Vice President Biden makes a speech to Ukraine’s Parliament urging the country to step up anti-corruption measures.

Feb. 16, 2016 – Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin resigns, then returns to office before finally being ousted

Plenty of details and other facts here:

https://www.justsecurity.org/66271/timeline-trump-giuliani-bidens-and-ukrainegate/

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Good for him. But while he was VP he may have been thinking about his future as a retired politician.   A quick five mil from some eastern European oligarch may have been tempting. Still, all speculation until the evidence comes. If it comes...

A quick five mil for what? Incite Ukraine to stop burying the Burisma investigation? It doesn't make sense at all.