Move Forward leader vows to fight all attempts to stop him becoming prime minister

webfact

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Pita will most likely become PM . AFTER this , the Constitutional court will decide if he violated the law by posing his candidature as PM because of the shares .

It will need a whole lot of courage to send Pita's appointment for royal endorsement assuming he gets sufficient bicameral votes while the case still with the CC.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Desperate, desperate, desperate.

Out of curiosity, which do you believe is the greater crime (and should lead to parliamentary disqualification) inheriting 0.0035% of a defunct media company or being a convicted (in Australia) international drug dealer?

BTW - Samak was “convicted” of receiving payment for having a second job because of his one off appearance on a cooking show - there is no law about PM’s and cooking shows…., once again, you remember wrong.

a conviction should be disqualifying.....the media company law is rubbish....but it is law. You can't apply laws in case you like the person or not.

I am not desperate, I am no fanboy....I am libertarian...for me is every government bad. An inefficient lazy government like Prayuth is the least problem for me...not because they are good, because they are not doing nothing beside pocket some money. And a left wing government is the worse for me.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, h90 said:

They are still reporting turnover and are legally active. Legally it is an active company that could anytime resume working. Depends on the courts if they follow the letter of the law or more the intention. If follow the intention of the law the iTV is a complete nothing.....If they follow the law exactly it is a media company.

I remember Samak.....The intention of the law wasn't to prevent a prime minister having a non political cooking show, still it killed him.

Actually Thaksin killed him, not the court. Samak had the right to stand as PM again and indeed went to Parliament expecting to be re-elected but Thaksin instructed the party to vote for his brother - in- law, Somchai Wongsawat instead 

Edited by bannork
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

Actually Thaksin killed him, not the court. Samak had the right to stand as PM again and indeed went to Parliament expecting to be re-elected but Thaksin instructed the party to vote for his brother - in- law, Somchai Wongsawat instead 

Yes....Thaksin :cheesy:...
I think Thaksin is also enjoying the iTv situation....and has his plan B ready

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

It's a Muppet show, Thai's should be ashamed, you voted for this constitution!! muppets

They are currently in the process of correcting their past wrongs. Not everyone awakens at the exact same time, there is inertia to be overcome. Not sure prattling on about muppets is adding any value to anything - then again, muppets do tend to like prattling.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bannork said:

Let’s not put the cart before the horse. Samak was PM and would have remained PM if not for the ridiculous courts.

Strange comment when the just concluded election saw record turnout and a clear message that they want the elites/military government out. In yellow shirts Bangkok, all military and ally parties were voted out. Seem they got off their backsides and did a lot. 

Edited by Pink Mist
quoted post removed
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Strange comment when the just concluded election saw record turnout and a clear message that they want the elites/military government out. In yellow shirts Bangkok, all military and ally parties were voted out. Seem they got off their backsides and did a lot. 

Yes they turned out to vote  and they want the elites/military government out. But look whats haping now A <deleted> show, The elites/military  are now fighting back and winning, this is making Thailand a laughing stock world wide, the average thai does not care he has voted and thats it  enjoy the show

How are they correcting their mistakes? Just look at the recent election - a clear vote for change and this time the Bangkok urbanites joined their rural cousins in sending a resounding message the the junta, time’s up, your nonsense will no longer be tolerated.

BTW - why all the hatred, anger, insults and hostility…., did a Thai lady of the night get the better of you? Surely not, only a muppet would get fleeced like that eh?

Edited by Pink Mist
quoted post removed
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Yes they turned out to vote  and they want the elites/military government out. But look whats haping now A <deleted> show, The elites/military  are now fighting back and winning, this is making Thailand a laughing stock world wide, the average thai does not care he has voted and thats it  enjoy the show

What is happening now are a result of laws written by the military government. The election give a chance for a civilian government to re-write those laws. Still it is a political impasse currently though I am not sure who is winning. The dynamics now are very different from the last time both coups were staged. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Let’s not put the cart before the horse. Samak was PM and would have remained PM if not for the ridiculous courts.

Sorry Jim, the fact is Samak could have been PM again, but because he wasn't as malleable as the rather timid Somchai, married to the most formidable of Thaksin's sisters, so he had to be thrown under the bus.

39 minutes ago, bannork said:

Sorry Jim, the fact is Samak could have been PM again, but because he wasn't as malleable as the rather timid Somchai, married to the most formidable of Thaksin's sisters, so he had to be thrown under the bus.

You got it backwards sunshine.

Samak was Thaksin’s choice prior to the election against the wishes of many red shirts (Samak was always a very right wing conservative politician), after the judicial coup, Thaksin lacked the clout to push Samak through against the wishes of so many red shirts a second time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samak_Sundaravej

Here’s a snippet:

Samak was also was prominent in the events leading to the 6 October 1976 Massacre at Thammasat University, in which leftist students protesting against the return of a former military dictator were killed by rightwing mobs. Samak had played a crucial role in instigating the violence that ensued against the protestors, whom he considered to be disloyal communists.

• Thanks 1

Overly negative comments regarding Thai people have been removed. Personal attacks have been removed as well as replies to the negative comments.

As a reminder:

14. You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, Thai people, Thai culture, Thai institutions such as the military, judicial or law enforcement system or specific locations within Thailand.

34 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You got it backwards sunshine.

Samak was Thaksin’s choice prior to the election against the wishes of many red shirts (Samak was always a very right wing conservative politician), after the judicial coup, Thaksin lacked the clout to push Samak through against the wishes of so many red shirts a second time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samak_Sundaravej

Here’s a snippet:

Samak was also was prominent in the events leading to the 6 October 1976 Massacre at Thammasat University, in which leftist students protesting against the return of a former military dictator were killed by rightwing mobs. Samak had played a crucial role in instigating the violence that ensued against the protestors, whom he considered to be disloyal communists.

Right! Thaksin chose Samak despite knowing his rabid right wing background..

21 minutes ago, bannork said:

Right! Thaksin chose Samak despite knowing his rabid right wing background..

Exactly.

He attempted a similar ploy in the 2019 election, except this time with a princess.

Samak was Thaksin’s attempt to prove to those behind the 2006 coup that he could be trusted - he has always (at least tried to) maintain a foot in each camp.

MF got both feet firmly in the people’s camp, thus their recent victory.

57 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Exactly.

He attempted a similar ploy in the 2019 election, except this time with a princess.

Samak was Thaksin’s attempt to prove to those behind the 2006 coup that he could be trusted - he has always (at least tried to) maintain a foot in each camp.

MF got both feet firmly in the people’s camp, thus their recent victory.

And Jim, that is why Thaksin and his subordinates, Pheu Thai, can't be trusted .

They have their feet in both camps.

15 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

An army of near on 30 million citizens who have well and truly had enough of military theft and incompetence.

Using live ammunition in its own citizens is no longer an option - the economy would instantly collapse, the difference being Myanmar was always an international pariah that wasn’t integrated into the global economy therefore, no downside for them, China’s teat is enough to fund the lifestyle of their Generals. Not so Thailand.

If the Japanese ceased investing in Thailand its all over as far as achieving first world economic status is concerned, not to mention the travel bans the rest of the world would implement on those responsible for gunning down citizens.

Pita will be PM, despite the desperate death throes of the archaic Thai establishment.

Nothing happened after Rajaprasong in 2010.

This time will be no different, unfortunately.

16 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

An army of near on 30 million citizens who have well and truly had enough of military theft and incompetence.

Using live ammunition in its own citizens is no longer an option - the economy would instantly collapse, the difference being Myanmar was always an international pariah that wasn’t integrated into the global economy therefore, no downside for them, China’s teat is enough to fund the lifestyle of their Generals. Not so Thailand.

If the Japanese ceased investing in Thailand its all over as far as achieving first world economic status is concerned, not to mention the travel bans the rest of the world would implement on those responsible for gunning down citizens.

Pita will be PM, despite the desperate death throes of the archaic Thai establishment.

No argument at all with this summary, I'm all for progress.

But I'm not the establishment, who like it or not, still hold considerable sway over the population because they do!

They may not have thier hearts and minds, but in many ways, they can make life utterly miserable for the masses, for generations. There's form all over the planet, not just next door. 

What I probably failed to convey in my post is that a can't see a velvet revolution here, I could be wrong, but find it more likely the status quo will persist. 

A "watermelon" faction of the army (Taksin Red on the inside) won't likely solve anything long term for progressive ambition as far as what Pita and his supporters want to achieve, which is radical.

I hear from my politically engaged wife, that the message to the masses is repeatedly to keep calm and carry on. 

The idea is not to give the gammon an excuse to even consider military force.

The plan is to just outlive the gammon. And try again in four more years.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bannork said:

And Jim, that is why Thaksin and his subordinates, Pheu Thai, can't be trusted .

They have their feet in both camps.

Without Thaksin having had a foot in each camp, there would never have been a Move Forward.

Step by step is. How progress is made.

20 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

It will need a whole lot of courage to send Pita's appointment for royal endorsement assuming he gets sufficient bicameral votes while the case still with the CC.  

Yeah.

The key to all of this. 

The blessings.

4 hours ago, chalawaan said:

But I'm not the establishment, who like it or not, still hold considerable sway over the population because they do!

They may not have thier hearts and minds, but in many ways, they can make life utterly miserable for the masses, for generations. There's form all over the planet, not just next door. 

What I probably failed to convey in my post is that a can't see a velvet revolution here, I could be wrong, but find it more likely the status quo will persist. 

A "watermelon" faction of the army (Taksin Red on the inside) won't likely solve anything long term for progressive ambition as far as what Pita and his supporters want to achieve, which is radical.

I hear from my politically engaged wife, that the message to the masses is repeatedly to keep calm and carry on. 

All will be answered soon enough (in months not years).

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Early to bed, early to rise.

(the markets wait for no man)

I'm sure these types have never experienced a real Thai morning markets.....so all moot, ain't it.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, chalawaan said:

True. MF never expected to be the leading party in this election. The Senate won't vote for Pita which will enrage MF supporters but they can still play a major role in government if PT don't ditch them.

And if PT abandon them? 

MF will gain more public support for PT's betrayal at the next election.