"I think it is a rigged deal here, we have a rigged country, we have a country that is corrupt."

Social Media

A post using copyrighted material has been reported and removed

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restriction

10 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Since most every aspect of this crime has been covered, I want to look forward to the trial itself.

Don't forget, as a defeated candidate and thus ex-POTUS, trump had no more right to any of those docs as putin. ex-POTUS have no security clearance. Thus, all trump was after 12:01pm on 20 January 2021 was a country club owner.

Any witness the defense produces, I would love to ask them these questions:

1) Do you think maybe ALL country club owners in the US should have detailed plans on US nukes, the vulnerabilities of US defenses, the strengths and weaknesses of allies and adversaries military, battle plans for an attack of Iran, and the identities of clandestine assets who might be in putin's inner circle or a deep penetration of al Qaeda?

2) Since you buy trump's claim he declassified everything, would you agree it's time to publish every single document so that everyone from putin to Xi to the mullahs in Iran to the heads of al Qaeda and ISIS can be brought up to speed on all US capabilities, vulnerabilities and intelligence penetrations close to them?

The issue may not be the nuts & bolts of the case but procedural issues -- the Corcoran Washington grand jury testimony may not be allowed and the "slam dunk" audio tape may not be so slam dunk after all.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you guys are crazy enough to elect a soon to be convicted felon to be President, you'll get everything you deserve.

When I soundly went to sleep the evening of NOV 8, 2016 Thai time, the New York Times polling was saying 90% chance of Hillary Clinton winning the Presidency.  A big topic was what would be the proper titles for President H. Clinton and her spouse Bill post-election.

When I woke the next morning Thai time, the NY Times was saying 90% chance Donald Trump will win the Presidency.

So regardless of the probabilities, could this happen again? Yes.

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

BS. That's just plain WRONG. Everyone accepted him as POTUS, unlike the right which has not accepted that Joe Biden won the 2020 election.

You're confusing criticism with acceptance.

And the bulk of your post is just you complaining about further criticism, with a bit of conspiracy theory thrown in.

Calling him "illegitimate" and refusing to attend his inauguration is hardly criticism. It is petulance at best, and refusal to accept the election result at worst.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

And you got a President that gave you one of the highest COVID death rates in the world. Plus no leader of any democracy had any trust in him. Putin and the fat boy played him like a harp.

If Americans want that kind of leadership again, the plot is irretrievably lost.

Americans get to vote. I voted against Trump twice. 

Because of Patriot Act implications, I may not be voting ever again.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Rampant union busting by Republicans destroyed the blue collar work dream. Having busted the unions, corporations were then free to move those jobs to China. Unfortunately the education deficit prevents those most affected from seeing it.

The obvious solution is better education but the right wing resist efforts to educated the masses as well. Educated people tend to vote liberal.

The people who in the main supported Trump don't care who busted the unions. They just want someone to tell them you got screwed and I'm gonna do somethin' about it.

• Like 1

It IS possible for two things to be true at the same time.

It is true that, if the charges against Trump are proven, he should be punished and possibly jailed. Doesn't matter what happened or didn't happen to anyone else.

It is also true that other politicians who are accused of similar crimes should also face similar investigations and possible consequences. 

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

It IS possible for two things to be true at the same time.

It is true that, if the charges against Trump are proven, he should be punished and possibly jailed. Doesn't matter what happened or didn't happen to anyone else.

It is also true that other politicians who are accused of similar crimes should also face similar investigations and possible consequences. 

It is but they didn't No equivalence and that's why they didn't.

Look for Trump to make a plea deal to stay out of jail or get a minimal sentence.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

It is but they didn't No equivalence and that's why they didn't.

Look for Trump to make a plea deal to stay out of jail or get a minimal sentence.

Remember he refuses to accept he is wrong, and it will need to be explained to him that accepting a plea deal also removes him from being in office ever again under the 14th amendment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I also wonder if he understands what the 14th Amendment is, or if his followers understand the same.

I have posted the 14th Amendment Disqualification clause. In brief:

Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment gives Congress the power to disqualify someone who has already held a public office from holding "any office" if they participate in an "insurrection or rebellion" against the United States.

https://constitution.findlaw.com/amendment14/annotation15.html

Not general purpose felony conviction.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Amazed that you think that's wrong!

The people that make our societies work deserve a little in return.

But as it is the people that contribute nothing (entertainment, sports, lawyers, et al) take the most.

And would point out most of the job losses in the west went to societies that aren't either free or competitive.

China and Vietnam make almost everything these days.

I'm with Karl on this, those that do all the manufacturing/infrastructure/food production work should reap the rewards of their labour.

Trump may be a con man, but at least he pretends to represent the common man.

Unlike the crooked globalist candidates.

The significant word is "pretends".

If one looks at the ancestry of the "common man" in America, it's a wide-ranging mix of genes.

The failure of supply chains during COVID has caused a retreat from globalisation.

I don't disagree lawyers and accountants are overly compensated, one doesn't have to look at entertainers if they choose not to. IMO the medical profession earns its keep.

Trump, Johnson, Morrison in Australia. All con men. AFAIK the latter two were not treating national secrets like party pictures/trophies.

7 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I agree. It is just too hard a sale for conservatives to accept a non-President can smash classified records on a hard drive with a HAMMER to destroy and it's totally fine, a non-President can store classified docs in what is essentially a crackhouse rented by national security nightmare Hunter Biden and again, it's fine. But don't let them catch a real President having some in a heavily guarded estate.

Sorry, not buying it. Looks like a 2 tier justice system.

When I started reading your post, I thought it is satirical. But you seem to mean it.

What worries me most is not that a carrier criminal can get to the highest ranked political position, but that so many people/voters fall for his lies and still stay in the cult, despite an overwelming amount of prove who this man is.

• Like 2