Did Biden call UK PM Sunak 'prejudiced'?

Social Media

7 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

He was, of course, wrong, as he is on so many things. Black Americans enjoyed the lowest unemployment in history under President Trump. As did Hispanic Americans.  Median incomes increased, poverty decreased, high earning African Americans grew also.  He also restored and guaranteed funding for Black universities and colleges. 

Why should they vote for Joe Biden?

Keep updated!

By the numbers: The rate peaked at 16.8% in May 2020, and since then has fallen by an astonishing 12.1 percentage points to 4.7% now (though the decline was driven, in part, by a drop in labor force participation among Black workers).

The pre-pandemic all-time low was also significantly higher than this, at 5.3% in August 2019.

Another all-time low: the gap between Black and white unemployment. It's now 1.6 percentage points, down from 5.4 points in August 2020 and 12.1 points in January 1983.

https://www.axios.com/2023/05/05/unemployment-rate-milestone-black-americans

NB the graph also shows the origin of the trend which led to the previous growth in 2019.

Screenshot_20230615-193920.png

Edited by candide

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Keep updated!

By the numbers: The rate peaked at 16.8% in May 2020, and since then has fallen by an astonishing 12.1 percentage points to 4.7% now (though the decline was driven, in part, by a drop in labor force participation among Black workers).

The pre-pandemic all-time low was also significantly higher than this, at 5.3% in August 2019.

Another all-time low: the gap between Black and white unemployment. It's now 1.6 percentage points, down from 5.4 points in August 2020 and 12.1 points in January 1983.

https://www.axios.com/2023/05/05/unemployment-rate-milestone-black-americans

Screenshot_20230615-193920.png

astonishing covid

Edited by nauseus

12 minutes ago, candide said:

It seems you missed this part from the quote!

"The pre-pandemic all-time low was also significantly higher than this, at 5.3% in August 2019."

It seems you are wrong then.

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Inflation is coming down and much lower than Europe. Jobs are good, wages re up.

Jobs now not so good. June unemployment back up to 3.7% (from 3.4% in May).

More layoffs in the pipeline: https://www.businessinsider.com/layoffs-sweeping-the-us-these-are-the-companies-making-cuts-2023#shopify-20-of-workforce-7

Inflation is coming down in Europe too (not that can be a direct comparison). 

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Jobs now not so good. June unemployment back up to 3.7% (from 3.4% in May).

More layoffs in the pipeline: https://www.businessinsider.com/layoffs-sweeping-the-us-these-are-the-companies-making-cuts-2023#shopify-20-of-workforce-7

Inflation is coming down in Europe too (not that can be a direct comparison). 

You rate that figure as not good because it's marginally up from very good? There's not an economist on the planet who doesn't think 3.7% unemployment is good.

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Again. 

He was clearly joking around. Geez!

Joking around, suggesting one set of black voters aren't really black? I'd say that's dangerous and inflamatory talk. There are some things he shouldn't 'joke' about. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You rate that figure as not good because it's marginally up from very good? There's not an economist on the planet who doesn't think 3.7% unemployment is good.

I said not so good. Looks like this will be the start of a trend.

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Joking around, suggesting one set of black voters aren't really black? I'd say that's dangerous and inflamatory talk. There are some things he shouldn't 'joke' about. 

A sense of humor can be charming.

Just now, nauseus said:

I said not so good. Looks like this will be the start of a trend.

It has to be the start of a trend. I've never seen figures under 4% in my life before. Not saying they don't exist but pretty rare. They are at a floor.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It has to be the start of a trend. I've never seen figures under 4% in my life before. Not saying they don't exist but pretty rare. They are at a floor.

Glad you agree.

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Glad you agree.

A trend that may take years to play out and the unemployment number may still remain historically low. That said, I believe a hard landing recession is coming. The government simply forked out too much in covid relief, much of which wound up in the stock market and billions more were fraudulently claimed.

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A trend that may take years to play out and the unemployment number may still remain historically low. That said, I believe a hard landing recession is coming. The government simply forked out too much in covid relief, much of which wound up in the stock market and billions more were fraudulently claimed.

And Biden decided it was a good idea to spend trillions more after all that.

But I think that you may be right about a coming recession.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

And Biden decided it was a good idea to spend trillions more after all that.

But I think that you may be right about a coming recession.

It was a fantastic idea. Much of that money went on supporting Ukraine against Trump's buddy.

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Happy to do so.

If you take in this kind of out of context and highly edited bs, that explains a lot.

Nothing to do with Biden's spending addiction though.

Just now, nauseus said:

If you take in this kind of out of context and highly edited bs, that explains a lot.

Nothing to do with Biden's spending addiction though.

Please explain exactly the context which makes those comments misleading.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Please explain exactly the context which makes those comments misleading.

The clips of Trump are cut short to suit this loon's twisted narrative. I'm not going back there.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A sense of humor can be charming.

Would you tell the black people he insulted to get a sense of humour? Why is this particular white man allowed to 'joke' about certain black people not being black? Take those blinkers off! You'd be outraged if another white man said that. 

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Would you tell the black people he insulted to get a sense of humour? Why is this particular white man allowed to 'joke' about certain black people not being black? Take those blinkers off! You'd be outraged if another white man said that. 

Very old news not even worth debating anymore. 

• Haha 1

Side-note but one I'll darn well make if folks don't mind....

'...first person of color elected British Prime Minister.'

Misleading. By whom was he elected to be PM? Certainly not the British people. 

Sorry, but not one tiny morsel of undeserved credit shall I allow Sunak in regard to this matter to which I refer. (Any matter, come to it.)

16 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Side-note but one I'll darn well make if folks don't mind....

'...first person of color elected British Prime Minister.'

Misleading. By whom was he elected to be PM? Certainly not the British people. 

Sorry, but not one tiny morsel of undeserved credit shall I allow Sunak in regard to this matter to which I refer. (Any matter, come to it.)

Elected by members of the Conservative party , which is how U.K politics work . 

The public vote for various candidates in elections  and the political parties elect their own leader to be Party leader .

The electorate do not vote for a person to become Prime Minister , the party members vote on that .

(BTW , his colour is irrelevant  , he is U.K Prime Minister and his ethnicity is beside any point as he wasn't elected because of his ethnicity)

On 6/14/2023 at 9:42 PM, Hanaguma said:

WINNER! First poster to try and deflect the conversation by injecting their personal infatuation with the Bad Orange Man.

Biden is probably incapable of making the logical connection between saying that Americans who want to block puberty blockers are prejudiced, yet others who want to do so are not.  Interestingly, Europe is taking the lead in protecting children from greedy and unscrupulous exploitation by medical con artists.

Greedy medical con artists who want to keep them alive and feeling better so they can extract more money from them than they can from a corpse. It's a good thing that these expert legislators have decided to protect these kids from feeling better and continuing to live.

Suicide Risk Reduces 73% in Transgender, Nonbinary Youths with Gender-Affirming Care

Transgender and nonbinary youths have particularly high rates of poor mental health outcomes compared with their cisgender counterparts. According to investigators, these disparities are likely a consequence of social rejection, lack of support from parents, bullying and discrimination.

Multiple sources of previously published research, found medical gender-affirming interventions to be helpful in improving the quality of life for transgender and nonbinary youths by decreasing rates of long-term mental health adverse outcomes

https://www.hcplive.com/view/suicide-risk-reduces-73-transgender-nonbinary-youths-gender-affirming-care

Gender affirmation is linked to improved mental health. There’s no evidence it drives youth suicide.

Dr. Jack Turban, assistant professor of child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of California San Francisco, cataloged for Psychology Today 16 studies that examined mental health and gender-affirming care. Thirteen of them showed an association between access to gender-affirming care (including puberty suppression and hormone treatment) and better mental health, including fewer instances of suicidal thoughts and lower rates of depression. Three of the 16 studies did not find statistically significant results. Among the more recent peer-reviewed research:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/mar/08/matt-walsh/gender-affirmation-is-linked-to-improved-mental-he/

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Elected by members of the Conservative party , which is how U.K politics work . 

The public vote for various candidates in elections  and the political parties elect their own leader to be Party leader .

The electorate do not vote for a person to become Prime Minister , the party members vote on that .

(BTW , his colour is irrelevant  , he is U.K Prime Minister and his ethnicity is beside any point as he wasn't elected because of his ethnicity)

Fair play. ???????? You're right to point out how my comment was at fault, factually.

And you're right, his colour IS irrelevant (though I never said it was, in any way).