Transition 800k Bank to 65k/month – Correct Procedure?

13 minutes ago, fgmr said:

As I understand it,the UK Embassy has for many years stopped issuing affirmation of income letters. 

Yes of course along with AU and USA embassies. 

That does not prevent citizens of those countries using income method.

Just requires more evidence. 

As mentioned in this thread. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, fgmr said:

As I understand it,the UK Embassy has for many years stopped issuing affirmation of income letters. 

That is true, which makes it very difficult for UK (and US and Australian) nationals who want to use the income method for extensions.

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

The problem with this interpretation (as I posted above) is that the rules about maintaining a balance in the bank are clearly not controlling whether your current extension is valid.

This is where difficulty lies, if you apply 30 days early and have not complied with the increase to 800k at the correct time, yes your new 1 year extension is in jeopardy, but it is your current extension that will need to be adjusted accordingly, with the possibility of refusal to extend the current extension.

This is why I believe Immigration will consider the "2 months before" as part of the financials of the current extension as well as the new application in this scenario.

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm in exactly same boat as OP.

For years annual extensions based on retirement leaving 800k all year round.

At some point I would like to move to income method.

Reason is simple. To avoid having funds in Thai bank that my partner (not married) cannot access easily even with Will.

I would like to move too, but would need to go the combination route, from discussions with people that have asked the question of my Immigration Office this option is a non-runner.

Being married does not remove the difficulties in your partner accessing the funds after your demise it only lessens them to a degree, the banks are running scared of counter claims from your home country and will possibly need a court order even with a will.

3 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Being married does not remove the difficulties in your partner accessing the funds after your demise

Am sure I’ve read reports of guys having their bank account set-up so their wife is a Joint Holder on the account but their name doesn’t appear as part of the account name so it looks like a solo account.