The American Federation of Teachers, the second-largest teacher’s union in the country, endorsed President Biden and Vice President Harris for reelection.

Social Media

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Unions were strong in the past!
I was in a union before! The organization leaders can hand out endorsements but it doesn’t control how its members vote or necessarily mean every member will follow .

But its safe to say ,a majority always vote dems!

no big surprise!

because non union members had their jobs shipped overseas by union busting companies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Mr Anderson with Mr Nawrocki pulling up a close 2nd

Weak minds are easily misled..knowledge is power.....might explain the anti woke GOP agenda

Maga is a prime example...a college degree would be a needle in a haystack...

I won't name names but I'm pretty sure that I contributed to the heart attack of my high school English and Journalism teacher. 

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

Aflcio has endorsed Joe and kamala that is the largest Union in the states good!

Cool.

For a moment I thought you had misspelled Africa.

Teacher's unions are generally going to endorse democrats.

It would be big news if they didn't. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/17/2023 at 3:19 PM, riclag said:

Unions were strong in the past!
I was in a union before! The organization leaders can hand out endorsements but it doesn’t control how its members vote or necessarily mean every member will follow .

But its safe to say ,a majority always vote dems!

no big surprise!

Who knew?!

When I was a kid, teachers and teachers' unions were well respected.

After their stunts during Covid and the leftist indoctrination of kids in school, not so much.  They may all vote for Biden, though I doubt it because there are still some conservative teachers. 

But their endorsement is no longer meaningful to other voters like it would have been 20 years ago. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Weird how people say educators are left wing but their students end up all over the spectrum. Does it mean all Republicans have no education? I think not.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Purdey said:

Weird how people say educators are left wing but their students end up all over the spectrum. Does it mean all Republicans have no education? I think not.

Maybe some students are still able to utilize critical thinking. Or maybe its a recent phenomenon that hasn't manifested itself in mature generations yet.

I was actually quite left wing as a uni student in the 90s but if any of them had started pushing right or left wing ideology on me I would have told them to get back to teaching the subject I was paying them to teach me.

Fortunately universities were much more open spaces back then, where alternative views were tolerated and snowflakes weren't "triggered" by people with diverse opinions. We all happily hung out together, blacks, whites, asians, left and right wing, rich and poor, stoners and drinkers. Great times before the Wokeists tried to lock everything down and control speech/opinion and the scourge of identity politics sought to focus on our differences rather than what we had in common. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe some students are still able to utilize critical thinking. 

Those are generally the ones with functional parents.  Mad as I used to get at him, my Dad was my role model.  Kids (especially boys) with just a Mom, I don't envy.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, impulse said:

Those are generally the ones with functional parents.  Mad as I used to get at him, my Dad was my role model.  Kids (especially boys) with just a Mom, I don't envy.

Another reason the wokeists are trying to break down the concept of the nuclear family. 

It's much easier to manipulate people raised in a dysfunction environment.

• Like 1