NEW POLL: President Biden and former President Trump are tied in a new poll of voters in swing state Michigan, with 44 percent saying they would vote for Biden or Trump

Social Media

President Biden and former President Trump are tied in a new poll of voters in swing state Michigan, with 44 percent saying they would vote for Biden and the same percentage opting for Trump.

Twelve percent of voters in Michigan said they were still undecided between the two options, according to the EPIC-MRA poll released Friday.

Trump won Michigan in 2016 and Biden took the state in 2020.

The poll on Friday also found that 52 percent of Michigan voters have an unfavorable view of Biden and 57 percent have an unfavorable view of Trump. Meanwhile, only 29 percent gave Biden a positive job approval rating.

This is for the general election in 17 months?

Swing voters, who will make the difference in MI (and a few other states) won't decide who they're voting for until after Halloween (in 2024).

Who paid for this poll? And why?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Swing voters, who will make the difference in MI (and a few other states) won't decide who they're voting for until after Halloween (in 2024).

There's ALWAYS polling going on!

But you would be correct that polls this early have much less significance than polls close to the election.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

While yes it is early, my take is that Mr. Trump's legal troubles will help him win the nomination but hurt him badly if he makes it the general. The republican base is buying the false narrative that he's being unfairly victimized but in a general election his legal problems will be a big turn off for independents and the democrats that might have supported him.

Think you might be right there.

It is ironic that neither one has anything close to a decent favorability rating. If Trump were to leave the race, Biden would be in deep trouble.  Lots of eager and interesting potential candidates in the GOP. IF Biden has to quit, the Democrats are in a mess.

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Think you might be right there.

It is ironic that neither one has anything close to a decent favorability rating. If Trump were to leave the race, Biden would be in deep trouble.  Lots of eager and interesting potential candidates in the GOP. IF Biden has to quit, the Democrats are in a mess.

If Trump were to drop out or fail to be nominated, both highly unlikely in my opinion, there would be tremendous pressure on Biden to withdraw his nomination. That would eliminate the Kamala Harris problem as well. My pick would be Sheldon Whitehouse who has made it a mission to expose the dark money behind the Federalist Society and the supreme court picks. He's also been highly critical of Clarence Thomas. Whitehouse has a very sharp mind indeed.

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If Trump were to drop out or fail to be nominated, both highly unlikely in my opinion, there would be tremendous pressure on Biden to withdraw his nomination. That would eliminate the Kamala Harris problem as well. My pick would be Sheldon Whitehouse who has made it a mission to expose the dark money behind the Federalist Society and the supreme court picks. He's also been highly critical of Clarence Thomas. Whitehouse has a very sharp mind indeed.

You're getting into the electability space.

It's widely accepted that Biden would probably beat Trump.

But lets say they put up DeSantis instead.

I think he could beat DeSantis too. Why? People don't care about his anti woke antics nearly as much as he thinks and most of all ABORTION.

His Florida abortion law which he had a choice to derail is very extreme. He can be beat in the general based on that alone.

Now if it's a non maga fascist republican then I would agree with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

17 months is a long time for an old president, I doubt he will be able to run. Democrats have a problem

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Republicans have a BIGGER problem. 

We can agree both have a problem, and we as allied to, if we have to continue dealing with these outdated presidents, one worse than the other.

Edit not, at least one seams to listen to his team to make an effort and hopefully more competent than the other.

Edited by Hummin

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's absurd to even suggest any kind of equivalence between Biden and Trump.

Normalizing Trump as just another politician is a disservice to democracy.

Twice impeached

Twice indicted.

More indictments and convictions may be coming 

Refused to this day to concede defeat in an election he lost

Trusts the word of genocidal war criminal Putin over US intelligence services

Incited a violent insurrection coup attempt Jan 6

Proposes to do many fascistic unconstitutional things if he gains power again

Hus truth social posts are in the style of a raging madman

Why you always see the worst meaning in all my posts? Quite tiresome in the lenght, where you insinuating my short statements with such meanings.

Trump is a no choice for me, but we have to see both parts since they most likely will face each other once again indicted or not, Trump is a huge threath and needs to be taken seriously, and unfortunate the older Biden gets, he is not the man for the next 5 1/2 years. It is just being realistic 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Why you always see the worst meaning in all my posts? Quite tiresome in the lenght, where you insinuating my short statements with such meanings.

Trump is a no choice for me, but we have to see both parts since they most likely will face each other once again indicted or not, Trump is a huge threath and needs to be taken seriously, and unfortunate the older Biden gets, he is not the man for the next 5 1/2 years. It is just being realistic 

He can beat Trump 

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

These numbers will change as the main news channels move to covering Trump’s crimes and trials.

The GOP need to find another candidate.

They have another candidate.....a whole bunch of them.  Which is why Trump will most likely win the nomination again.  But he will get slaughtered in the general election....again.