Pitchfork release

What makes it even more unbelievable is that he was previously released, and had to be recalled to prison for breaking the terms of his release license, by loitering outside girls schools. He also was observed approaching young girls in the street.

In the UK one in five murders are committed by former murderers released on parole.

• Thumbs Up 1

What annoys me also is it seems to me that these parole people don't take into account of the victims families.

There be allowing him to get married next like the other geezer in the news who killed 3 women.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

What annoys me also is it seems to me that these parole people don't take into account of the victims families.

There be allowing him to get married next like the other geezer in the news who killed 3 women.

Victims and their families are able to make representations to the Parole Board, and their views are supposed to be taken into account.

As the law currently stands there is no legal route to prevent Bellfield marrying in prison, it’s certainly nothing to do with the Parole Board.
Raab promised to introduce legislation to prevent such marriages, but didn’t.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Victims and their families are able to make representations to the Parole Board, and their views are supposed to be taken into account.

As the law currently stands there is no legal route to prevent Bellfield marrying in prison, it’s certainly nothing to do with the Parole Board.
Raab promised to introduce legislation to prevent such marriages, but didn’t.

Yeah I just strong opinion as to what is done in the UK which is getting to be a joke.

Pitchfork was out one time before so the parole couldn't of taken any notice of victims obviously saying no to release. 

As for Bellfield forget legal just common sense will do.

Murderers like Bellfield shouldn't have rights to marry also will they be letting him out sometime to. 

Everyone knows incarceration and even the death penalty are not deterrents. Society has failed these tormented individuals, and society needs to show them some compassion and give them the help they need. We can't make bad people good, but we can make sick people well. We, as a society need to love them until they can learn to love themselves. 

15 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

There were over 3,000 homicides recorded in England  and Wales between 2015 to 2020

Don't shoot the messenger ????

Would your homicide figure include manslaughter as well as murder which is what I asked Bing?

@treetopsMaybe you might want to research the official data published by the ONS rather than relying on “Bings chat box thingy” as the evidence to support your claim that “one in five murders are committed by former murderers released on parole”.

The Bot thingy has informed you that 348 murders were committed by those under the supervision of the Prison and Probation Service, the Bot thingy doesn’t claim, according to your quote, that they had previously been convicted a murder or had even served a custodial sentence.

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Everyone knows incarceration and even the death penalty are not deterrents. Society has failed these tormented individuals, and society needs to show them some compassion and give them the help they need. We can't make bad people good, but we can make sick people well. We, as a society need to love them until they can learn to love themselves. 

Yep, let's shower our love on Pitchfork, Bellfield and their ilk by awarding them peerages, knighthoods, etc, right?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

Yep, let's shower our love on Pitchfork, Bellfield and their ilk by awarding them peerages, knighthoods, etc, right?

Wrong MAGA-man, but is treatment, a job and a little compassion too much to hope for?

43 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Wrong MAGA-man, but is treatment, a job and a little compassion too much to hope for?

How can anyone have compassion for a person who didn't just kill one person but then when on to kill others come on.

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

How can anyone have compassion for a person who didn't just kill one person but then when on to kill others come on.

Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps your/our LACK of compassions is usually what drives these tormented souls to do what they do? 

30 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps your/our LACK of compassions is usually what drives these tormented souls to do what they do? 

Having dealt with people in UK doing psychiatric social work I keep my compassion in the right box.

Edited by Kwasaki

11 hours ago, theoldgit said:

@treetopsMaybe you might want to research the official data published by the ONS rather than relying on “Bings chat box thingy” as the evidence to support your claim that “one in five murders are committed by former murderers released on parole”.

The Bot thingy has informed you that 348 murders were committed by those under the supervision of the Prison and Probation Service, the Bot thingy doesn’t claim, according to your quote, that they had previously been convicted a murder or had even served a custodial sentence.

It's not my claim, just contributing to the conversation.

I did check the ONS but couldn't find the breakdown, so please provide a link if you have it.  I did subsequently find the link to homicides, hence my query to cleopatra2 whose numbers roughly tie up with those of all homicides, which includes murder and manslaughter.

Granted the figures only mention those on probation, not necessarily those convicted of murder but I've since found the original article mentioned by the Bing thingy (link below) and it refers to the figures being derived from

. . . . the government's recording of serious further offences (SFOs), which refer to specific violent and sexual crimes – including murder and rape – committed by former inmates on probation.

so it's not as if they were on probation for minor offences.

All of this means the figures given originally appear credible IMO.  Here's the original article I found so please direct your incredulity to the publishers (Yahoo News - fairly credible source I think) rather than someone who at least tried to verify the point being discussed with no pre-conceived bias either way.

Thank you.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/revealed-shocking-number-of-murders-committed-by-prisoners-on-probation-153200604.html

On 6/18/2023 at 8:37 AM, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I just strong opinion as to what is done in the UK which is getting to be a joke.

Pitchfork was out one time before so the parole couldn't of taken any notice of victims obviously saying no to release. 

As for Bellfield forget legal just common sense will do.

Murderers like Bellfield shouldn't have rights to marry also will they be letting him out sometime to. 

No. Bellfield is on a "whole life tarriff".

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/18/2023 at 2:56 AM, stratocaster said:

What makes it even more unbelievable is that he was previously released, and had to be recalled to prison for breaking the terms of his release license, by loitering outside girls schools. He also was observed approaching young girls in the street.

In the UK one in five murders are committed by former murderers released on parole.

Slightly incorrect. 

He was recalled to prison for approaching and trying to chat to young women. Not young girls.

The recall did not mention anything about hanging about outside schools.

Unfortunately we will never know the real reason as since 2020 all parole board hearings are private. In 2021 the government amended the rule  that if concerned persons made requests the hearing could be made public. In Pitchfork's case requests to make both his hearings public were denied by the parole board for the following reasons.

a) Mr Pitchfork does not wish the hearing to be held in public.
b) Due to the nature of his offending, to ensure Mr Pitchfork’s safety, his
identity is only revealed when it is necessary, including within the prison estate.
c) Mr Pitchfork has changed his name by deed poll twice to keep himself safe.
d) The ongoing risk of serious harm to Mr Pitchfork is as a result of media
attention. Significant threats of harm have been made to Mr Pitchfork
and the Probation Service has ongoing concerns about vigilante incidents.