Go-go Bar Guards on Pattaya Walking Street Allegedly Attack Russian Man Who Refused to Pay His Bill

webfact

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I was a regular in Soi Cowboy for over 20 years. And I mean regular. If I go down the street now guaranteed someone will still recognise me from back then.

The only time I remember being really ripped off was after I had stopped going there every night. I was going through a bad period in my life and went out with a mate who also lived in Bangkok. We ended up in the bar next to Long Gun, named after a famous Western TV show.

I let my guard down thinking I was in a 'friendly' bar as I knew the owner and I fell asleep in the front row. My mate left me sitting there too and disappeared. 

I woke up at 3am in an empty bar with a 5k bar bill. I was a wee bit drunk but not that much that I would have been buying tequilas for the girls as I very rarely do that unless I know them!

Furthermore, I queried the bill and refused to pay. Not going to go into details, but I was handcuffed to a table because I just tried to leave. The Police were called.

The girl behind the ramp knew me and said that the girls must have just been ordering drinks on my tab. I checked the bill and there was one beer on the bill and the rest shots and tequilas. I said why only one beer, I was in there for 3+ hours asleep?!? She pretty much admitted that I got diddled.

Police arrived and forced me to pay the 5k. They were sympathetic though, and obviously they were used to this type of thing happening.

A very interesting event! He wasn't much of a mate to take off and leave you sleeping among the wolves.

From the bar's point of view - why not try it? I would say most customers just pay up without making too much fuss. Occassionally they will meet resistance and they know the cops are on their side, so it's a perfect scam. They can't admit they scammed you while you were sleeping, so they have no choice but to call the cops.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Boycie said:

CCTV footage af 23 seconds.

Thanks. Now the name of the Gogo is unveiled.

Not one of the cheaper kind. Huge selection of girls.

13 hours ago, Seppius said:

You can tell what bar it is now, from the video

You were faster :biggrin:

17 hours ago, JensenZ said:

This conversation has become more general in nature. Even so, 2000 baht could be a big bill for some, especially if they didn't order many drinks.

How naive is a 33 yr old Russian to walk in to a big glitzy WS gogo and expect less at 3:30 AM??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/19/2023 at 10:16 AM, Sandboxer said:

Ah yes, the old monolingual thing....like 90-95+% of Brits, Americans and Aussies, with the remaining 5-10% being immigrants.

Not really the same..... If you are aware, the english language is considered to be a common language for most of the western world. So you english-speaking countries you mention, have a free pass I guess, and that is OK.....  But there is no excuse for russian and french and other europeans..... My opinion...

Edited by glegolo18

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Thanks. Now the name of the Gogo is unveiled.

Not one of the cheaper kind. Huge selection of girls.

You were faster :biggrin:

How naive is a 33 yr old Russian to walk in to a big glitzy WS gogo and expect less at 3:30 AM??

I would take a guess and suggest MANY tourists, when they first arrive are surprised at the cost of drinks and services in gogo bars. Pattaya as a tourist resort offers exceptional value, until you hit the red lights.

On 6/19/2023 at 4:53 AM, harleyclarkey said:

O dear...yet another one! Do they think beer, bottles of vodka are free in Thailand? Seriously? 

What gets into their dumb ass brains.??

Would you not think that they would keep their heads down and avoid any illegal activity for fear of being deported.? 

You're in Thailand idiot....not the soft West where you'd have no problem getting off for fear of anything happening to yiu if deported. 

Don’t mean to say ya get a beating as always they spineless <deleted> can’t fight 1 on 1 

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Try reading the thread about what actually happened, the guards, apparently, did not beat anyone, fellow foreigners did that, the guards were trying to break it up and protect him.

And you believed that? :cheesy:

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Try reading the thread about what actually happened, the guards, apparently, did not beat anyone, fellow foreigners did that, the guards were trying to break it up and protect him.

Expand  

And you believed that? :cheesy:

Have you anything empirical to suggest that that wasn't the case?  Are you one of those who, right from the start, blindly believed that it was the guards, not some foreigners as seen in the CCTV, doing the beating? :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Have you anything empirical to suggest that that wasn't the case?  Are you one of those who, right from the start, blindly believed that it was the guards, not some foreigners as seen in the CCTV, doing the beating? :cheesy:

Yes, it is called behaving out of character.......next time around, it will be them! :guitar:

Why are you afraid to have a go at the OP who made the false accusations?

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/19/2023 at 6:10 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

And I've been a Walking Street patron for years, have NEVER had a problem. I do check my bin every time they refresh it with a new round of drinks, so maybe they know I'm keeping my eyes on it?

Will state the obvious and say again it was likely a scam, not a mistake.

Someone puts an inflated slip in your bin, what good does it do to check it each time?

get it? ????

Go around the board again ????

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Someone puts an inflated slip in your bin, what good does it do to check it each time?

get it? ????

Will state the obvious right back at you. When a new slip comes, you can see exactly what the new drink(s) charge(s) is/are.

It's really not that hard to imagine unless you are obtuse.

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

get it? ????

And I think there is a likelihood that the tabs were 'legit', (as far as they can be), and the guy was distracted, enjoying himself too much, and the final total came as a shock. I believe watching tabs is a good move.... an error can be corrected if spotted immediately. Had it done, have had LDs removed. Arguing over it 10 drinks later isn't going to fly!

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Will state the obvious right back at you. When a new slip comes, you can see exactly what the new drink(s) charge(s) is/are.

Very much agree, 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

The guy did see what the charges were, and they were inflated according to him (unless he was just refusing to pay what he thought was a correct bill ????????‍♂️).

What good would it do him to check it each time if they were maliciously put there?

Edited by JimTripper

7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The guy did see what the charges were, and they were inflated according to him (unless he was just refusing to pay what he thought was a correct bill ????????‍♂️).

What good would it do him to check it each time if they were maliciously put there?

Were you there? Did you talk to this guy (in Russian?). According to the article:

"The reason for refusing payment and the amount of his bill were not disclosed to the media."

How did you get info the rest of us couldn't? Inquiring minds and all that.

14 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Well it would stop it happening twice or more..... 

As said, watch your tab/cup .... if a bill is pushed in there when you have not ordered see what it is about.... when one is put in there, see it matches the order and prices. They might try it on but usually resolve things if confronted immediately. I only recall one GGB where they did this regularly and the grapevine warned us all, and it slowly died off. Later it became a nightclub doing just as badly.....

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well it would stop it happening twice or more..... 

As said, watch your tab/cup .... if a bill is pushed in there when you have not ordered see what it is about.... when one is put in there, see it matches the order and prices. They might try it on but usually resolve things if confronted immediately. I only recall one GGB where they did this regularly and the grapevine warned us all, and it slowly died off. Later it became a nightclub doing just as badly.....

How would it stop it from happening twice or more? They could slip in as many as they wanted at any time if it was a scam and not a mistake.

19 hours ago, JimTripper said:

How would it stop it from happening twice or more? They could slip in as many as they wanted at any time if it was a scam and not a mistake.

Because they are not likely to try it again after having it brought to their attention and the shame that includes. If one had not looked or shown any concern, well yeah, what's to stop them doing a repeat performance. It's what I do, I have not had many issues.... my current pet hate is the immediate 'me go dance now'.........

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 2:35 AM, kingstonkid said:

was that a go go bar of ping pong bar.  Have heard of that at ping pong not so much at a go go bar.  What city and location please

Yes you're correct, they'd never seen a sex show at home, so I think it was a ping pong bar. It was in Pat Pong (Sala Daeng) as I remember. 

• 2 weeks later...

he looks naive and so I’m going to wager that he fell for every ploy by the girls while being too drunk. I’m his age too but I know the score 

>”buy us all shots“
>one for my friend and mama?

and maybe some bill padding too.

some gogo bars make you sign off on each drink which I respect. Other than that, I always speak Thai when ordering or when talking to girls so they know I have *some* awareness of the environment. In 2 years I’ve only gotten padded twice and it was a negligible amount 

5 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

some gogo bars make you sign off on each drink which I respect. Other than that, I always speak Thai when ordering or when talking to girls so they know I have *some* awareness of the environment. In 2 years I’ve only gotten padded twice and it was a negligible amount 

Never signed off on any drinks on LK Metro recently.... but recall it happening on WS to me.

I do not believe speaking Thai helps, more about how one behaves. Telling the tequila girls to go away is usually a good start. It's all about them finding them mugs who spend freely and no subterfuge required as they buy all and sundry, plus the toilet monkey a drink! Then it becomes a shark feeding frenzy. 

Edited by jacko45k