Banks refusing to witness Life Certificates for UK Pension Service now?

pollyog

I have today been to the two bank(Bangkok Bank and SCB) where I have accounts, and both refuse to act as witness to ID for the compulsory Life Certificate to continue getting my pathetic frozen pension.   This must be a new tightening up of bank restrictions for foreigners as I have had no previous problems during the 14 years I have lived here.   Bangkok Bank told me, after telephoning their head office, that I have to take the form to Immigration or the British Embassy.   Just a heads up for other UK expats.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Try a doctor in one of the many small clinics that are around, a pharmacist, especially if you happen to frequent one regularly, or a friend as previously suggested. The DWP offer you many choices and they're not actually too fussy about whom you choose. I use our village Phu Yu Ban.

The bank's advice is wrong in one respect. The British embassy will not sign life certificates. That should, at least save you one wasted journey.

The argument about whether the form should be stamped or not is bound to crop up. Although there is a space for a stamp is not mandated in the letter that you received and folks have had then accepted without one.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just get my local chemist to sign and stamp it for me, been doing that for

few years now , other people do the same last time I went to get it signed,

there were 3 other Farangs already there , Cheap Charlies did not even buy

anything off him after they got the paper signed. don't believe Banks have

signed for long time now, afraid of any come backs.

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stereolab said:

Your first priority is to close the 2 accounts, and scout around for a bank that wants your money AND will sign your LC.

Over-reaction.... need a list of suitable banks. Easier to find an alternative place to get it signed. The Expats Club offers a free service..... I use a lawyer, it's a bit expensive but I hope I can get a few years out of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Can you substantiate that...?  ????

Haven't had a visit from the Special Branch yet, the money this government gives away do you really think they're bothered about your frozen pittance of a pension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

Haven't had a visit from the Special Branch yet, the money this government gives away do you really think they're bothered about your frozen pittance of a pension.

So you have no evidence.................:coffee1:

4 minutes ago, transam said:

So you have no evidence.................:coffee1:

What evidence are you looking for?

I have explained how I do it and will continue to do so, and if you want to be pushed Pillar to post that is entirely your prerogative. 

Do you always start petty arguments over trivial trite. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Fact. Nothing is checked in terms of verification of the signature.

I have signed over 50 life certs in the last 10 years. Initially I added a stamp and phone number - never any follow up contact.

Now, virtually anyone can certify the life certificates.

I imagine that somewhere in Wolverhampton a junior clerk ticks a box on your record to evidence return. Only by default, ie non-return, does the system flag up the fact - and payments are suspended.

Perhaps you are known on the Gov. Net as a splendid fellow, but that is not reliable info for a reader here..............????

2 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

What evidence are you looking for?

I have explained how I do it and will continue to do so, and if you want to be pushed Pillar to post that is entirely your prerogative. 

Do you always start petty arguments over trivial trite. 

Eeeeeer, no, substantiated facts work better, not bar stool chit-chat.......????

Thread in Pattaya forum, you live in Pattaya? Is the position of the consul vacant?

I read something about a consul retiring from the job.

Next month I will use service of the German consul for life certificate and income statement (I am not British and not German).

For a fee he might put a stamp even on a UK form?

Edited by KhunBENQ