Lazada's imaginary sellers

BenStark

1 hour ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

Been using Lazada for years,always paying C.O.D and never experienced a problem.I do acknowledge however,that there are tons of fakes ranging from phones to watches.The low price usually confirms this,also when you look in the product description if it's a fake it will normally state no brand but give the OEMs name if it is genuine.I too don't understand fakes being allowed on Lazada,if the selling of fakes gets discovered on eBay,your account gets closed and you get kicked off the platform.Quite right too.

Biker + Phitsanulok = heaven ????

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If the package isn't the right shape and size I can just say no. 

I once was sent an envelope instead of 3x 20kg solar panels. 

I had a similar experience. Instead of something in a box, they sent me an envelope, which I didn't accept. But I'm getting tired of waiting for the delivery person. That's why more and more often I pay in advance and have it delivered to the reception of my condominium complex. I have witnesses there and I make an unpacking video for every item that has a higher value.

In respect of fake sellers. Simply only buy if there are enough reviews already. 

5 hours ago, BenStark said:

They are available on AliExpress, but of course then you need to pay up front and hope it ever arrives.

I have ordered so much stuff off Ali over the Years, and not once have I never had anything not delivered.

Yes, you pay up front, but you have to notify Ali of receipt of your order before they pay out to the Vendor.

They also have a payment quarantine refund scheme

Do yourself a huge favour and try them

Far superior to Lazada or Shopee

36 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

In respect of fake sellers. Simply only buy if there are enough reviews already. 

That is just the problem. The item I need is only available from sellers with no rating at all, although they joined 5 years ago and offer hundreds of different articles.

The same sellers are available on AliExpress, but as I explained already, you have to pay first, and if it then doesn't arrive it will be a hassle to get the refund.

Been there - got the T-shirt.

The item is not available on Shopee

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

i always paid up front until 2 of my orders where logged as delivered by the same courier company but i never got them or any satisfaction from Lazada or the delivery company so i now only pay cash so if he wants to steal another order he will have to pay for it

Be aware of a trick with COD.

You order

at some time the order changed to "packed" but who check their orders all the time

Delivery comes...you pay the exact amount...but you don't bother to check the sender...heck it is the amount you expect

Some rubbish inside

You look lazada or shopee....you package is still not sent.

You contact Lazada...they can't help you as they didn't send something

(Shopee actually told me the exact way how to report it to the police, how to find the sender from Kerry and sold me if Kerry or anyone makes problems they help out and will pressure Kerry to hand out the real sender)

Shop is removed a day later

Don't know if it is understandable...the seller send outside of the shipping platform thinking the the customer isn't checking carefully.....

9 minutes ago, h90 said:

Be aware of a trick with COD.

You order

at some time the order changed to "packed" but who check their orders all the time

Delivery comes...you pay the exact amount...but you don't bother to check the sender...heck it is the amount you expect

Some rubbish inside

You look lazada or shopee....you package is still not sent.

You contact Lazada...they can't help you as they didn't send something

(Shopee actually told me the exact way how to report it to the police, how to find the sender from Kerry and sold me if Kerry or anyone makes problems they help out and will pressure Kerry to hand out the real sender)

Shop is removed a day later

Don't know if it is understandable...the seller send outside of the shipping platform thinking the the customer isn't checking carefully.....

Lots of discussions on CoD vs 'account' purchasing with Lazada and the like. 

Some people just can't get past 'paying up front' for something which may not be delivered even IF there is recourse.... 

Its just personal preference... a lot like the 'going cashless' discussions but people will take minor points to the extreme to justify their choices. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Lots of discussions on CoD vs 'account' purchasing with Lazada and the like. 

Some people just can't get past 'paying up front' for something which may not be delivered even IF there is recourse.... 

Its just personal preference... a lot like the 'going cashless' discussions but people will take minor points to the extreme to justify their choices. 

I order only COD, if I can. But it is not a religion to me....If with card is significant cheaper I order with card.

Recently I had some claims on COD purchases (I needed old style light bulbs for some strange reason and got lot of rubbish......who would think that there are people who open up brand name lights and refurbish them with a new bottom??). And got the money back without any problems.

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Keeps you out the pub, you sit home all day on the off chance the delivery guy shows up at some point.

You wait till 10pm in front of the door, just to see that the delivery guy put into the system that you were not at home.....so the next day no pub as well

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

That is just the problem. The item I need is only available from sellers with no rating at all, although they joined 5 years ago and offer hundreds of different articles.

The same sellers are available on AliExpress, but as I explained already, you have to pay first, and if it then doesn't arrive it will be a hassle to get the refund.

Been there - got the T-shirt.

The item is not available on Shopee

I have already bought from Chinese sellers with no reviews because there was no other option. I was not disappointed and they did a great job as I was their first customer and I left a great review.

What I always do with such sellers is cash on delivery and I also do not use any money from my cashback balance.

I have many trusted sellers where I order regularly things like pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts, aircon cleaners and other things. They are always prepaid and I also use money from the cashback balance. Also sellers with many positive reviews are in this category. 

21 hours ago, sandyf said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Apart from not having to pay up front, what are the other "serious advantages" of COD?

The biggest is not having to claim a refund when order cancelled.

As I said to BritManToo, to whom I originally responded, apart from not having to pay up front, what are the other "serious advantages" (his claim) of COD?  You pointed out an advantage of not having to pay up front, not one of the other additional benefits.  As I see it, there is only one advantage of COD and that's not having to pay up front.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"If it t doesn't arrive, I don't have to claim my money back".

That's just the "not having to pay up front" advantage.

"If they don't send it promptly, I don't need to accept delivery". 

So just one small advantage, then!

Expand  

If the package isn't the right shape and size I can just say no. 

That's just a "not having to pay p front advantage", you claimed there were serious other advantages.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As I said to the poster to whom I originally responded, apart from not having to pay up front, what are the other "serious advantages" (his claim) of COD?  You pointed out an advantage of not having to pay up front, not an additional benefit.

There are several benefits of not having to pay up front, but you can lump them into one if you want, up to you.

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2023 at 11:02 AM, Gaccha said:

I think you might have nailed it.

Also, when you make the order you reveal your name, your address and your desire for a certain purchase. This might be used by selling on the information.

I have used Lazada for years and I never use COD and I've never have had any serious problems. There are some major advantages in paying in advance.

For example, if I get sent the wrong items, at the moment of leaving the item at the parcel office to return to the seller, Lazada instantly gives me a refund, not even giving the seller the opportunity to agree or appeal. Lazada sent a message to me saying they want to refund quickly because I was a loyal customer.

I can only presume that I receive a rating which must be very high and so Lazada takes feedback from me seriously.

If you follow the rules, you win.

Same here, always refund to my bank account very soon after dropping the return at the post office. I always make detailed complaint on the website when I register the return.

Another thing is to talk to the seller online before ordering to try to confirm the item/item count is exactly shown in the photos. It does help to avoid disappointment, not always though.

• Thanks 1

Good policy is to buy from sellers on Lazada who have 96% or greater ratings for seller, ship on time and chat. Not always possible and sometimes you have to take a chance. Reviews are a useful guide as well.

I’ve had great success with Lazada, having made and continue to make frequent purchases for over 6 years now. Increasingly though I look for sellers on Lazada Mall. They seem to be more stable and honest.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:52 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

That's just a "not having to pay p front advantage", you claimed there were serious other advantages.

Lazada accepted my order and charged my card immediately.

After the expected delivery date passed, I msg the seller and found the product was out of stock.

Lazada eventually canceled the order.

Lazada says they will refund the charge in 15 to 30 business days.

Charged instantly. Refund in up to A MONTH AND A HALF! 

I like not having to wait for the delivery guy but I see why some say only use COD. 

After 2 failed orders on Lazada, I decided to order a similar item on Shopee.

Take a guess at the result. I help you out, it doesn't get shipped.

I do not order the same item, since all I need is that particular length, and I can modify a little, so it is not that gas struts for a certain type of car are the issue

15 hours ago, BenStark said:

After 2 failed orders on Lazada, I decided to order a similar item on Shopee.

Take a guess at the result. I help you out, it doesn't get shipped.

I do not order the same item, since all I need is that particular length, and I can modify a little, so it is not that gas struts for a certain type of car are the issue

Could the struts be available on Amazon? Either amazon.co.uk or amazon.com