Samsung tablet just died on me

ChipButty

I don't know what happened it just switched off and that was it, nothing wont come back on, i plugged the charger in to see is it reboot it, still nothing,

can you get these things fixed or is that it kaput? 

shame really it's still in good nick, bin it and buy a new one? 

Edited by ChipButty

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

Perhaps only the battery is dead. Let it check at a repair shop. In case of batteries I always replace them at Samsung - don't want to burn down my hut... 

I didn't know that happened these days, I'll go to central Sunday let them open it up, 

28 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

it just switched off and that was it

What was the battery level when it switched off?

If the battery has completely drained, it can lead to the device not having enough power to even show the charging graphics on screen.

When this happens, you need to leave the device plugged in for anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple of hours in order that the battery can charge up to a level where it can safely power the device, at which point the screen should come on with the usual charging indicator. 

This usually tends to only happen after a prolonged period of non-use, so it probably doesn't apply in your case, but it doesn't hurt to try in your case.

3 minutes ago, JayClay said:

If the battery has completely drained, it can lead to the device not having enough power to even show the charging graphics on screen.

When this happens, you need to leave the device plugged in for anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple of hours in order that the battery can charge up to a level where it can safely power the device, at which point the screen should come on with the usual charging indicator. 

This usually tends to only happen after a prolonged period of non-use, so it probably doesn't apply in your case, but it doesn't hurt to try in your case.

It can be many things. At 2 of my Samsung devices the power button didn't work anymore. But compared to a new battery it was a cheap fix. In both cases less than 500 Baht. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not a dicky bird i'll go to Samsung Sunday

My kid's Samsung was stuck with power on but everything froze. Shop held power and volume button down, did the trick. They didn't want money but gave 100thb just because I was grateful.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I remember it was about 67% and i use it everyday nothing come up when I plug the charger in and i did leave there all night, 

Sounds like the battery my Tab S4 is now in the cupboard after facing a similar problem of unable to turn on then after format turns on but will not stay connected to wifi on off to the point of chucking it out the window .

Now solved by buying a Tab S8+ ????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, billd766 said:

have you tried a different (but genuine) Samsung charger?

I have a Samsung mobile and the mini usb charger is slightly larger than normal.

Charger cords or connections can get weak or dirty. Worth a try.

• Like 2